• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help Connecting Computer Screen to Tv

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Hey guys, I'm trying to help a friend who just bought a huge TV screen and wants to watch her netflix movies from her computer on it.
I'd be grateful for any help in finding a way to connect the two machines to do that, like what sort of cables could they use to do that.
Thanks

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Does your computer have an HDMI port? If so, bring your computer to your TV, connect an HDMI to both TV and computer, and bam you have computer screen on TV!
HDMI.jpg

Alternatively, you could use your computer's VGA port if your TV has a VGA port as well.
SVGA_port.jpg

Austin

Austin
She said she tried that, she said it didn't work, I'll tell her to try again.
Make sure she has the right channel on her television selected. It won't just show up on the default channel if she plugs it in. Make sure the TV is set to something like "PC" or "VGA" if she uses a VGA cable, or to an HDMI channel if she uses on of those cables.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If she uses the VGA, she might want to try to hit F5 (and make sure she's picked the correct channel of course), that worked on my previous computer at least. My current one has HDMI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom