• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Concerts!

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
My absolute favorite thing to do in the world is to go to concerts. Seeing bands I love, experiencing it with other people like you, theres nothing like it. What bands have you seen live? Going to see anyone soon? Who would you like to see?

L

liz lemonade

I've been to quite a few shows, but not as many as I'd like. I've seen Trans-Siberian Orchestra seven times, AFI thrice, and my favorite band, Tegan and Sara, only once. I probably shouldn't name every single band I've seen, though.

The most recent concert I've been to was Florence and the Machine in June, and the next one I'll attend is either Fake Problems/Surfer Blood in September or An Horse in November.

The band I'd most like to see is Fleet Foxes, but I have a feeling that even if they came anywhere near my city, I'd have to sell some organs to be able to afford to go. What is it with talented hipster bands and high ticket costs?

You know, I've never attended a concert, actually; I'd like to, though. If I ever attend a concert, it would probably be one featuring re-orchestrated video game music, preferably from the Final Fantasy or Zelda series'. I dunno... I guess I'd also like to attend a Hollywood Undead or My Chemical Romance concert. :yes:

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I actually like most of those bands. Ive been to alot of shows, but my favorite bands that Ive seen are Porcupine Tree, Alice in Chains, Cage the Elephants, The Dear Hunter (Who I reccomend anybody listens to) and Ive seen my favorite bands Coheed and Cambria twice. Oh! and going to see Circa Survive in October:)

D

Deleted member 14134

Ive seen Bon Jovi and U2 live. Would like to see be zelda orcheatra tbh hope ot comes tp my town.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Oh, what I wouldn't give to see Chevelle live…
I absolutely LOVE seeing bands perform live! The last one I saw was a Skillet concert in Salem, Indiana in 2007. Those guys are 150% better live than on the albums!! Other than that, I'm probably not old enough to see some of my favorite bands live (e.g. Linkin Park or Breaking Benjamin), due to the whole 21 year thing. It's pretty stupid, if you ask me.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Oh, what I wouldn't give to see Chevelle live…
I absolutely LOVE seeing bands perform live! The last one I saw was a Skillet concert in Salem, Indiana in 2007. Those guys are 150% better live than on the albums!! Other than that, I'm probably not old enough to see some of my favorite bands live (e.g. Linkin Park or Breaking Benjamin), due to the whole 21 year thing. It's pretty stupid, if you ask me.
I saw Chevelle at a local festival a few years back:) They didnt have alot of stage presence but they were really good still.

I have only been to one concert in my life, it was Toby Keith at Cheyenne Frontier Days, which was actually yesterday.
I would love to see The Beatles live in concert but that will never happen since half the band is dead. It would also be nice to see U2 in concert.

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
I'd absolutely love to see Senses Fail in concert. I've been imagining it for years. And now I'd love to see Passion Pit in concert, too, but I don't see that ever happening. :(

I've been close to going to a few concerts. First off, I'd like to say I was young when these two happened. First one was at Kings Island. The day we left, Aly and Aj were performing there. I was so upset 'cause I used to love listening to them. Second one was at Disney World. Figures, most of the main cast of Hannah Montana were singing there the day we left. Haha, I used to love them. xD Now, I've also been close to going to another concert this year while I was at Six Flags. Just a few days after we left the Sick Puppies were playing there. I can't believe I missed them! DX

Although I've missed a few, there was one concert I got to go to. It's not a rock concert, but I'll admit that this concert was just amazing. My boyfriend and his family took me to watch the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It was amazing. <3

I love going to concerts. Where I live, we don't get many, but when we do, they're usually pretty good bands/singers. I'm also not far from Chicago or Springfield so I don't have to travel too far. I saw Daughtry live two years ago. They were great. I also saw Weird Al Yankovic at the Illinois State Fair in 2008. He was hilarious! And I just saw Switchfoot a few months ago at a private concert in Virginia.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I got into going to concerts about three years ago, and usually have good, memorable experiences with each. I've seen Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood twice, one of them was my first real concert, both shows were amazing. Same thing with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, seen them twice, they put on great shows. I've also seen Bob Dylan twice, and even though he's getting quite old and can barely sing, the novelty of seeing him live is a treat. But I like seeing artists other than old classic rock guys. I saw Wolfmother about two years ago, and they hadn't had an American show in forever so I pounced on that one, it was great. Then there's The Dead Weather, one of Jack White's bands, also awesome live.

Amanda Palmer was one of the best concerts I've been to and she's not even a band, just an awesome gal who sings, plays piano and sometimes ukulele. It was a small venue, she had great openers, and it was her assistant's birthday, so at one point in the show, her crew brought a cake onstage, everyone sang Happy Birthday, and then the cake was sent out into the audience where it crowd surfed for a minute and then a cake fight ensued! It was tasty. I've also seen a band called The Screaming Females twice, and they're from a hometown nearby mine. The lead guitarist is this tiny chick who wears dresses and has a pink guitar, but she shreds. They're awesome and cheap to see mostly. Kaki King, another female guitarist, played a free show in a park that I went to. There were very few people, that was another fave show of mine.

But I've had some seriously scary concert experiences.. You have to be careful at alot of these shows, namely the ones that only have general admission, and especially if you're a girl, unfortunately. There have been at least two concerts I went to where I lost my friends and was literally, nearly crushed in the outskirts of mosh pits. At a big Offspring show, one I paid a hefty amount to go to, as soon as the band came on, the crowd swept me away and I had to fight my way out of the crowd to avoid being seriously injured. I lost my friends, retreated to the girls bathroom and met some friendly girls who watched the show with me from the waaaaay back of the place. That's part of the reason why I'm wary to go any band show that qualifies as hard rock or punk, because as much as I like the music, I don't want to be elbowed in the face by some big sweaty guy when I see them live. :/

Alice in Chains
Love them! They played a show I could have gone to this past fall and I really regret not going! They're on my list, definitely

M

Mrs.Lovett

I have been in a lot of concerts..some of them: Apocalyptica, Him, Korn with Ozzy, Metallica, Rammstein! Two concerts that i ll never seen in real life but i would do anything to be there would be a Nirvana or Queen one. Too bad that is not possible =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom