• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Comfort game?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I play Splatoon whenever I feel stressed. I expected myself to play something calming, like Cattails or Pokemon, to help me feel better, but nope! It's Splatoon haha.

I think it's because I can play it without thinking too much about a complicated plot, it's repetitive, and whenever I battle it's like I vent all my stress and worries into splatting that one inkling.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Pretty much any Zelda game I have played before is comforting. I tend to gravitate to games I know and can play mindlessly, and that's why almost any Zelda works, more so Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is also a game I have replayed so many times that it can be a comfort game. Breath of the Wild also fits, sometimes I just like to explore the vastness of Hyrule with no goal in mind at all, and whatever happens just happens.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I've played it a lot, and I enjoy returning to Hyrule approximately once every two or so years.

Super Mario Maker/Super Mario Maker 2 - Good for a few minutes of gameplay if I need to unwind.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - You can never go wrong with some Mario Kart, and this is my personal favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom