• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Comfort game?

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
Does anyone else have a game that always makes them feel better when they play it? Mine is Smash 4 3DS, any time I am too upset to sleep I play a round or two and it always calms me down right away. Probably cause it's somewhat of a nostalgic game for me and I used to play it before bed all the time.

This is both a simple and complicated answer. Hollow Knight is a game I love to play, and have played a lot to unwind, but its status as a feel-good game is somewhat shaky, as it's associated with a lot of things that make me sad because of the stupid fandom, so it's kind of a russian roulette of comfort. Even if I play them less often in the present, I think my comfort games would more likely be Rune Factory 1 and Phantom Hourglass instead, as they got nothing dragging them down in my heart and they're some of my most replayed games.

EDIT: Guitar Hero is comforting

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
To just relax, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Rune Factory 4 really nail that good mix of having interesting things to do while also being something I can kinda not give much thought to while playing.

Awakening in particular I've put well over 100 hours into, with a large part of that time being mindless grinding. And Rune Factory's whole vibe is just chill, so pretty much anything I do there is relaxing.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Oot. Just walking around hyrule field gives me such nostalgia and instantly makes my day 20 times better. It's just a fun game to exist in. The music is cheerful, the surroundings are beautiful, and the characters are interesting even if you've read all the dialouge. I've spent a lot of time just tooling around in there and doing random stuff.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Warhammer Vermintide 2. It's Left 4 Dead, but in the Warhammer Fantasy setting and with much more of a focus on melee. I find the combat consistent and relaxing. Helps to de-stress after a potentially long day at work.

What Remains of Edith Finch or Mind: Path to Thalamus. Walking simulators are SO relaxing; i recommend thoroughly.

The Dashing Darknut

DD, the dashing one
Super Mario Galaxy. It’s my favorite Mario and video game of all time. It’s just feels nice and relaxing to play, and I really like the theme of being in space. Areas like Space Junk Galaxy are just so calming and fun to play

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Minecraft. That game's been in my life for nearly a decade now and even tho I've gone for months at a time without playing it, it's the one that I always go back to.

I came here to say the same answer. It’s just so easy to go back to anytime and easy to play for as short or as long as you feel like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom