• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Collector's Edition Majora's Mask Tips

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
So lately I have been trying to 100% Majora's Mask with Caleb's Video Walkthrough and I am doing it on the Gamecube version, along the way I have found a few tips to stop it from freezing entirely.

1. Don't use rumble
Before you start the game it asks if you want to choose rumble, pick no. For some reason when the game starts up it goes really slow but when you don't use rumble it goes surprisingly faster.

2. Take it slow
The faster you go like jumping room to room really quick makes the game go slower, and it one point it just freezes entirely. Do you realize when people do 6 day runs on the Gamecube version it freezes a lot? That's because the port if a piece of crap so it can't process anything to fast like the N64 counterpart. Even though the Gamecube version is the best looking, it's really slow and as long as you take it slow you'll be fine, you can go a little fast but when you see it starting to get slower then just starting going slower until it goes back to normal.

That's about all the advice I can give, I hope this helps you if you plan to play the Gamecube version. :)

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I've been playing on the Gamecube Collector's Edition, but I've never had freezing issues. That may be because I can't use rumble with my high-tech fancy Wavebird wireless controller, but I do play with the wired one sometimes (when my wireless one is having issues) and do use rumble, still haven't had problems. It goes slow sometimes, but not really noticeable. Maybe it's just because it's what I grew up with, it has always been that way, that I don't notice it most of the time. And maybe it's because I'm still on my first 100% run of it (it's being borrowed right now), and I don't know what I'm doing enough to go fast. Thanks for the tips, though!

Mine only froze on me once (so far)... I had just gone through the Woodfall temple, and did the butler race, when it froze up right at the end. I had to do all of that over again.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
ah yes,i remember one time when i spent the entire 3 day cycle in the skulltula house [slowed down of course],then on the last day i FINALLY got the mask of truth,i went to clock town to save,then..
THE ****ER FROZE :mad:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't think I've ever had MM freeze on me on the GC. I did not know this was even a problem that people had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom