• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Christmas Gifts

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Well, I'm not living at home anymore and only have a mother who is living in a nursery home because of Alzheimer so there won't be any Christmas gifts for me. I have to buy them myself :P I take my mom home with me and my brother is also coming so there might be some small gifts. But I have to buy them.

That is so sweet! Your story made me appriceate the things I have. I hope you will have a Good Christmas! :)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I don't celebrate Christmas sadly :( I think I might still get somethings from family friends, but I have no idea what :xd: Probably some clothes, and things that have to do with art, since I love art of all kinds, and everyone knows that :P Or maybe I won't be getting anything this year -.-

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I don't celebrate Christmas sadly :( I think I might still get somethings from family friends, but I have no idea what :xd: Probably some clothes, and things that have to do with art, since I love art of all kinds, and everyone knows that :P Or maybe I won't be getting anything this year -.-
You what?! You don't celebrate Christmas? Oh well...who am I to ask, I didn't celebrate it that much before. I understand that you don't, and I hope that you at least get something. If you do, let us know what you got, eh? :P

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
No, I'm not Christian. I think I told you many times before, Ao :xd: Oh well, I know you forget things :nod:

Hopefully I'll get something this year! Last year I didn't, so I'm not sure about this one :P

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
That is so sweet! Your story made me appriceate the things I have. I hope you will have a Good Christmas! :)
Awww thanks Ghosi <3 My Christmas will be good anyways ^^ A very good friend of mine was all alone last Christmas and this year he is going to his parents. This is a good thing because nothing is more bad than being all alone during those days.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
My Holly Jolliness Has gone away over the years but I still celebrate Christmas... I don't know what I am getting seriously... I am giving my sister a shake weight... I am gave my other sister (You know who you are) a surprise...

I am a Christan (sorta).... But I wish you guys happy Holidays and May the new year bring you something great!

Link8150

The 8150th Link
What I am hoping to get for Christmas is,
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Epic Mickey
007 Goldeneye (Wii)
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
an Airsoft or Paintball gun
Super Mario 25th Anniversary Edition
and Metroid Other M

I KNOW I'm getting the Ben 10: Legacy Omnitrix, because I saw it in my parents bedroom... I want Donkey Kong: Country Returns, Epic Mickey, Sonic Colors Wii, HP and the Deathly Haallows Part 1 DS, Ben 10: Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction, all of the Zelda books by Akira Himekawa, and a couple of Zelda games... I like to give my family a variety of things for ideas!

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I'm Christian, not Jehovah's Witness, so yes I celebrate Christmas... I hope to get an iPod touch, but I'd rather have a N64. I also hope for (as far as video games go) LoZ: Minish Cap, Goldeneye 007 Wii, umm... some more stuff that I- oh yeah, and StarCraft and a couple of other things. So..... yeah.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
No, I'm not Christian. I think I told you many times before, Ao :xd: Oh well, I know you forget things :nod:

Hopefully I'll get something this year! Last year I didn't, so I'm not sure about this one :P
I knew that, but you don't have to be Christian to celebrate something. You can have your own X-mas party or something with your friends. :P And yeah, I tend to forget stuff easily. :P

R

Reyenn

I'm finally getting Twilight Princess for my Gamecube, I don't have a Wii so I'm ecstatic. I'm also getting the Gamecube Collector's Edition Zelda game set. [can you tell I love my gamecube? most resilient system if I say so myself] Also, some other random stuff, I don't know. Money I think as well. My biggest gift this year though is that my mom, grandma, and sister are coming out here to spend Christmas at my apartment, that's more important to me than any present.

For my family, since I'm a college student thriving off of grant money, I made jewelry at home. I got really into hemp braiding so I've been going a little bonkers making necklaces and bracelets and the like with hemp cording and wooden/glass beads. My mom is excited about it though, she and my sister have been sending me charms and beads to use for months now.

I celebrate Christmas. I was born and raised Catholic, but as I got older I grew less and less faithful, and now I don't claim to be any religion at all, I celebrate out of tradition. Plus, I like the history behind Christmas. The feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast. Also in Rome, the Winter Solstice was celebrated many years before the birth of Christ. The Romans called their winter holiday Saturnalia, honoring Saturn, the God of Agriculture. In January, they observed the Kalends of January, which represented the triumph of life over death. This whole season was called Dies Natalis Invicti Solis, the Birthday of the Unconquered Sun. It is in ancient Rome that the tradition of the Mummers was born. The Mummers were groups of costumed singers and dancers who traveled from house to house entertaining their neighbors. From this, the Christmas tradition of caroling was born.

It has a lot of history from long before the Christian/Catholic adaptation and I just like pretty much all of it. The idea of people celebrating and being merry is what I like so much, so even though it's not for religious reasons I still love to celebrate, and I'm that girl you see walking down the street singing carols all day haha. I never celebrated advent like a lot of you, but when I lived at home still I got an "advent calendar" which had I think a day for every day of December, and when you opened one of the little doors it had a chocolate inside.

Kazumi

chagy
Let me see. I need a re-subscription to National Geographic, a new Headset, Printer Ink, and maybe a few books. I'm not really asking for any video games this year. None that I really want. I buy to many of them anyway.

from my mom im getting a gift certificate for one part of it(she told me)
from my grandparents im getting a flipcam so i can actually start doing vlogs! YAY!
one gift from my boyfriend is streetlight manifesto tickets!!! and the other part is... im not to sure but i shall wait to find out
and at my great grandparents we always do a chinese gift exchange which is always fun to see what you can get =], generally something crazy.
christmas has always been kinda big in my family its a time were everyone gets together, which i find is really nice
especially when i see people i havent seen in forever! so its something that the whole family looks forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom