• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cartoon Network

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
WOW, I feel old. It appears all the shows the posters in this thread before me miss stems from the time when I personally felt Cartoon Network had gone down the drain and I stopped watching.

Am I the only one old enough to miss the glory days of Captain Planet, Addams Family (when they still were airing the great half hour episodes, not the five-minute skits), Power Zone (a collection of various action-packed shows, like Birdman and that show where the guys got beamed down from a space station and transformed into various vehicles), 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo (my personal favorite of all the Scooby Doo shows), The Jetsons, The Flintstones, and of course the good old Tom & Jerry... tho at times they did air a bit too much T&J and not enough of everything else.

I felt Cartoon Network went down the drain when they started replacing well-made shows with shows that looked as tho a five year old had drawn them, like Cow&Chicken, Powerpuff Girls, I am Weasel, etc... It wasn't just the drawing style that went downhill, but the content as well. My favorite show, Captain Planet, which was the first of my beloved shows to go, was a show that in addition to delivering interesting, action packed stories, always ended each episode by educating viewers on simple ways they could help the planet, like recycling, adopting a pet from a shelter, etc. It was educating, but also engaging as a show.

[video=youtube;vpXM9bj-WPU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpXM9bj-WPU[/video]

[video=youtube;_w_TE3yuGqw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w_TE3yuGqw[/video]

One thing would be if I just outgrew the channel, but I felt the channel simply jumped from my level to kindergarten level :S

Sage of Darkness

The Different Sage...
I remember when I was little and I didn't have Cartoon Network on my TV. Every time I visited my grandparents, my gandpa always said: "Shall we watch Cartoon today?." I remember I always said stuff like: "Oh, there is the Cartoon-man!" when I saw Johnny Bravo. We used to say "Cartoon" instead of "Cartoon Network." And something I thought was really funny, was that my grandparents looked like Murriel and that balled guy I don't remember the name of from Courage the Cowardly Dog. But my grandpa is much nicer than him. Man, I got so scared by the cat in episode 1 when he said "I wish you didn't do that."
These are the shows I used to watch as a kid:
-Courage the Cowardly Dog
-Johnny Bravo
-Powerpuff Girls
-Dexter's Labratory
-Ed, Edd n Eddy
-Cow and Chicken
-Fosters Home
And I actually enjoyed My Spy Family.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The Animation Renaissance of the 90s is unfortunately quite gone. The time when Tartakovsky's wonderful cartoons could dazzle us is long past, and instead of being treated to greatness like Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, we get cursorily animated tripe filled with pop culture references as "humor".

Oh how I miss the 90s, between Nickelodeon's Golden Age (All That is all that you need, but they also had Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, Doug, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, and a bunch of others) and the Animation Renaissance.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Oh! The old cartoons on Cartoon Network were my life back then. I loved almost any show that they showed, and back then, they even had normal voice dubs in Hungary. I would say that my most favorite was probably Teen Titans... I loved that show very much. I also remember that when Ben 10 hit in the Hungarian Cartoon Network, they forgot to translate it into Hungarian, and all they had was some Slavic language.. :lol:

Reading the comments above, they pretty much cancelled everything, but here in Hungary, Cartton Network oldies are still "blooming". They regularly show Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls, Ed Edd and Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Chowder, Scooby Doo, and all of the other favorites. In America, I usually don't watch Cartoon Network anymore because the new cartoons aren't very funny at all. They are mostly gross, just to mention that. So, I stopped to watch altogether.

I also remember watching some kiddy shows on Minimax, but I don't know if that was just European cartoons. I especially liked the show called "Sisi", which was about this princess who was adapting to her royal life... actually, this was a big hit in Hungary due to the "Sziszi", which is the Hungarian nickname for Queen Erzsébet. Nowadays it changed as well, and all that American stuff began to infect the Minimax channel.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
GaroXicon, you forgot Hey Arnold! >: O Despite me being a Millenium kiddie, they actually shown a few episodes on Nicktoons the other month, and I loved it.

And wth is with Problem Solverz? A living turd, Megaman rip off and some weirdo with a red sweater licking a girls ice cream and chubby lips. Not to mention the animation and art is terrible. That's just me, though

P

Polkus Paul

Cartoon is only show that every people enjoy,laughing is a therapy to keep yourself healthy.Cartoon Network is the best medium for that,i really like it.Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I LOVE the Centurions! It still comes on the Boomerang Channel sometimes, like many other classic greats from the 80s, 90s, and early millennium. :yes:

I wish it was out on DVD, then I'd buy it. I don't have boomerang (the little I've seen of boomerang over here, tho, only show the new crappy shows, not the old classics :S). I did find the first season of Captain Planet on DVD, so me and my best friend will probably have a marathon when I get it :D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If there was anything about the old CN (2004 - inception of CN) that I loved most, it was Samurai Jack and Toonami. Easily one of the best shows & programming blocks, respectively. The semi-old CN (to me it is like 2005-2009), I loved Robotboy, Chowder, Camp Lazlo, Ben 10 and several other shows. Now, the new CN is just terrible. Bad art, bad animation, lack of humor, bad shows...I could continue on. I don't like anything they show on the new CN. What Ever Happened to Cartoon Network should be made as a spoof of What Ever Happened to Robot Jones (which is, coincidentally, another great show from back then).

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
Hey! Im in favor of what everyone said(though i don't like Johnny test or Ben 10 the old or new one), but at least you don't live in MuthaF***ing MEXICO!

If you think CN has gone downhill in the U.S, In Mexico CN, nick and Disney are total and uber SH*T!

You don't have to stand stupid teen"novels" that come from Argentina! Thats in all three of the channels, not just CN, though they do broadcast some good stuff here, like Chowder, Regular show is going to be released soon, Symbionic titan, etc. and here in Mexico cartoon network protects us(for now) from Problem Solverz! I didnt know anything about that sole piece of sh*t until now.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
If there was anything about the old CN (2004 - inception of CN) that I loved most, it was Samurai Jack and Toonami. Easily one of the best shows & programming blocks, respectively. The semi-old CN (to me it is like 2005-2009), I loved Robotboy, Chowder, Camp Lazlo, Ben 10 and several other shows. Now, the new CN is just terrible. Bad art, bad animation, lack of humor, bad shows...I could continue on. I don't like anything they show on the new CN. What Ever Happened to Cartoon Network should be made as a spoof of What Ever Happened to Robot Jones (which is, coincidentally, another great show from back then).

I also liked the mid era of it, such as Camp Lazlo and Fosters. Don't get me wrong, I liked the early era best, but the mid one was still great too. Those cartoons were also pretty decent. I remember when Ben 10 first aired as well. The original series was great, but all of these new stuff with different animation just sucks. I've seen it happen to other shows that I loved on different channels. The first season or two was great, then they change the story a little and the animation gets redone. After that, the shows begins to suck.

Half the shows on it today aren't even cartoons at all! You know that something has gone off the deep end of awfulness when it goes against its own name.

Jaywolf

~The Wolfos Furry~
Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends was my favorite. I love the episode where Bloo makes fun of "It's hot in Topeka"

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Dexter's Laboratory, The PowerPuff Girls, and of course, Johnny Bravo.
johnny-bravos-hobbies.jpg

Whatta classy guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom