• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Capcom Designed the Goddesses

Vibed

must read before he posts
Has anyone noticed that Capcom designed the Goddesses humanoid form and Nintendo never used this design? I for one completely forgot this and had taken it for granted. Also, do you believe this is what they would really look like?

Edit: I know the oracles are not the goddesses. I didn't know who worked on the character design, I assumed somebody from Capcom. They also might have a small connection, since they are oracles, who are by definition "A person, such as a priestess, through whom a deity is held to respond when consulte", and "A person considered to be a source of wise counsel or prophetic opinions."

Last edited:

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I never really realized that, and no, that's probably not what Nintendo intended for them to look like. I think Nin wanted them to look like how they made them look. Like in the cinimatics in OoT. I personally never thought that Nin intended for them to ever even HAVE human forms.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
No, dear, Capcom may have worked on the game, but many normal Zelda team members were used. Yusuke Nakano worked on the character design. He's worked on OoT, MM, TWW, TMC, and TP as well.

On top of that, Din, Farore, and Nayru are not the three goddesses. They are oracles and completely different characters on their own.

Austin

Austin
This is my idea, and I'm not sure if its right. It is a conspiracy in a way. The Oracles came out during Iwata's early years. Him and Miyamoto had arguments over the game. So Miyamoto had Capcom produce the game, while him and his staff managed the storyline and other important stuff. The Oracles used the same game engine as LA. Then with Minish Cap, they were either tight with money, another argument, or w/e so they had capcom do it. The three Goddesses you see in Minish Cap are based of artwork from Ocarina of Time (I think).

On top of that, Din, Farore, and Nayru are not the three goddesses. They are oracles and completely different characters on their own.
Yes, correct. Despite many arguments to the contrary, the three Oracles in the OoX games and MC have nothing whatsoever to do with the Goddesses.

The reason they do not appear in the non-Capcom games is probably because of the nature of the series. They were created for the story of OoA and OoS, and since Zelda never recycles stories and only sometimes recycles characters (and never ones that tie in directly to a game's plot), it makes sense they didn't appear again... Except for MC, of course, where Capcom probably threw them in as a personal cameo.

The three Goddesses you see in Minish Cap are based of artwork from Ocarina of Time (I think).
Not at all. The Goddesses were never shown in any way except for statues in OoT, WW, and TP in which the three of them look identical, yet have different designs in each game. There is no fixed design for them, and OoT had no artwork based on them at all. Additionally, in OoX and MC, again, it is not the Goddesses, but the Oracles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom