• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Can I shrink huge image signatures?

Reiquel

Pilot of Evangelion Unit 00
Some of you have ginormous images in your signatures. I don't want to disable signatures entirely in my preferences, but it would be nice if there were a way to set a maximum size.

Not a problem on mobile, at least.

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Staff member
I remember someone mentioning in the staff chat that we accept up to 800x200 (?), although these limits aren't being currently enforced. We're still in the process of standardizing it, but would appreciate suggestions on what the users consider an adequate size.

In the meanwhile we'd like to ask members to use common sense and resize or spoiler images in the signature that are too large.

If a member has a signature that has been disruptively large please consider reaching staff or them directly about it.

As for the xenforo plug-ins/ CSS code we're still waiting the staff that has access to them to take a look.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
Yeah once my art piece was 14000x3000 and I was like.. woah. :eek:
Well, even pics I take of my cats on my phone are way above 1920x1080 in resolution.

Just over the years, I find somewhere around 950x950 is just as large as you can get it, uploading images yourself, and posting higher resolutions requires hosting from a third party, and hoping they're using a sensible image format like PNG or JPEG, or you just convert the file in Paint to a sensible format, then resize within resolution limits.

WebP files are the bane of my existence.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Well, even pics I take of my cats on my phone are way above 1920x1080 in resolution.

Just over the years, I find somewhere around 950x950 is just as large as you can get it, uploading images yourself, and posting higher resolutions requires hosting from a third party, and hoping they're using a sensible image format like PNG or JPEG, or you just convert the file in Paint to a sensible format, resize within resolution limits.

WebP files are the bane of my existence.
Same. I use Lunapic to auto resize and then it has a bar that lets you select what size you want that works well for siggies and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom