• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Byrne

Byrne is one of my favorite characters in the series by far, for many of the same reasons you listed. Added to your criteria are the surface level observations that he looks cool, he fights with a giant grappling claw, and his themesong is epic, used in four different spectacular remixes throughout the game. In fact, perhaps my favorite song in the game is the spectacular "Byrne Comes to the Rescue". Byrne really pushed the limits of Zelda, plot-wise, leading the way for Skyward Sword's grandiose villain, Ghirahim. Nintendo is beginning to realize the need for fascinating villains. In the case of Byrne, it was the lovable adversary with a broken, but existant moral code. With Ghirahim it was the malign hatred of a horrible person. Two different kinds of equally interesting villain. The worst kind of villain, is, of course, the kind for which the gamer can find no emotion, neither pity nor malice.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
I also love Byrne. He is by far my favorite character from Spirit Tracks. Or wait, maybe the bunny collector is...jk!

Byrne is one of my favorite characters in the series by far, for many of the same reasons you listed. Added to your criteria are the surface level observations that he looks cool, he fights with a giant grappling claw, and his themesong is epic, used in four different spectacular remixes throughout the game. In fact, perhaps my favorite song in the game is the spectacular "Byrne Comes to the Rescue". Byrne really pushed the limits of Zelda, plot-wise, leading the way for Skyward Sword's grandiose villain, Ghirahim. Nintendo is beginning to realize the need for fascinating villains. In the case of Byrne, it was the lovable adversary with a broken, but existant moral code. With Ghirahim it was the malign hatred of a horrible person. Two different kinds of equally interesting villain. The worst kind of villain, is, of course, the kind for which the gamer can find no emotion, neither pity nor malice.

*Looks around* THANK YOU! Someone who speaks English. I don't get why everyone rips on that game. It has amazing levels, awesome puzzles, and one of the best sound tracks ever. With Byrne thrown in there, you really can't get much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom