• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Broken Bones and Surgeries

Have you ever had a broken bone or a surgery?

• Yes, broken bone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, surgery

• Both

• Neither

• Total voters

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I was thinking about how I've never had a broken bone unless you count a sprained chipped ankle from falling in a hole when I was five on the playground(I wish I could turn them in for safety reasons...I hope no other innocent little kids got hurt because of it)or a surgery. Thought it might be an interesting topic. So...

Have you ever had to endure one or the other, or are you lucky like me? Explain :)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Never broken a bone (knock on wood), but I had a lumpectomy last March. The only other surgery I've had was getting all four wisdom teeth removed, which was right before band camp my junior year of high school.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Broken thumb, fractured ribs, and surgery to my ear drum when I was younger. The only thing I remember from that surgery is that I puked soon afterwards...and I couldn't go out for recess for a while (days or weeks, can't quite remember) afterwards. I also nearly broke my nose once.

Big Octo

=^)
When I was very young (Eighteen months old, if I recall correctly), I broke my femur after a two story fall, though it was probably more like 1.5 stories. I also had surgery done on my gums back in middle school.

I broke and/or sprained every finger in my left hand, because of baseball; although, not all at the same time. Most of these little incidents resulted from trying to catch the ball with my unmitted hand while playing catch...yeah. I had to fight through most of 'em out, too, because my family's medical insurance got cut those few times. Good thing my dad was equipped with some degree of medical know-how, or else I would not have been able to climb trees and skip rocks on the pond and such. The best part of my injuries was sitting out at baseball practices, especially during a time when I HATED playing baseball.

I've only ever had one major surgery, though, and that was to remove and drain a large abscess from beneath my chin. It started off as this weird blister thing I got from burning my lip on the iron, and then that somehow spread(?) to the space between my lower lip and my chin and became some kind of rash thing. Over the course of a few weeks, said rash seemed to have evolved into an abscess that gradually grew larger and larger, until my dad said "I feel obligated to be concerned." So, he set up an appointment with his "buds" (the doctors), and I went in for the surgery about a week or so later. The local anesthesia they used must have been defective, because the draining bit hurt like the dickens. Several doctors and nurses were needed to hold me down—along with my dad—as I squirmed and screamed at the top of my lungs in pain. Neat part of that whole experience was having to wear some kind of bandage-thing for a couple weeks, and heading for the nurse's office at school every day to have it changed. I also wrote and 'illustrated' this neat little book about weather while me, my brother, and my dad waited in the lobby to be seen by the doctor. My teachers and principal thought that it was so good, that they turned it in to some Young Writers Guild(?) thing, and I was featured in their newsletter. The worst part was that, before the surgery, people kept on saying I looked like a pelican. Yeah, rough times.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I broke my left index finger in the Winter of 8th grade. Playing bump out at youth group, my BROTHER of all people passed me the ball, and it jammed my finger so hard that it broke. I ALMOST broke my leg, like the straight up shin bone. We were playing Soccer in Spanish last year, cause Soccer's Spanish right? And this Russian girl kicked me in the shin so hard, I threw up in my mouth. It hurt so bad. We went and got X-rays and it wasn't broken, but DANG that hurt

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Well my sister broke my thumb in the 8th grade, and I'm pretty sure my foot was broken when my horse curb stomped it, but I never went to the hospital. It was probably just a tiny fracture.

I had to get surgery for my wisdom teeth and for my knee. I got my foot caught in the stirrup falling off my pony and she kept spinning around me to keep her balance. She shredded my meniscus to teeny tiny pieces.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I was 5 my tonsils were removed. This year 10 years ago I was taken to the hospital because of my appendix which has been removed and one year after this my four wisdomteeth were removed. The one below on the right side caused troubles and they had to cut open my jaw to get it out. Not really a pain itself but the bleeding afterwards was horrible

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Broke my left arm when I was 13 - well correct term would be I bent the bone in my arm. And I've been put under twice at the dentist, plus I've had a procedure on a toe. Nothing major, thankfully :)

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Ugh they had to dig into my jaw too to get at my wisdom teeth. I have a permanent lump at the back of my mouth now because the bone healed funny >_O

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Around age 5 or 6, I broke my right tibia and needed to have surgery due to details that the broken bone revealed. Long story, short, I now have an adamantium leg. Also, just last year, I broke my fith metacarpal completely in half. I had to get it realigned, which didn't work out, so I ended up having another surgery. It's been over a year, and my right hand still feels a little frail.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Ugh they had to dig into my jaw too to get at my wisdom teeth. I have a permanent lump at the back of my mouth now because the bone healed funny >_O

The problem was my wisdom teeth never fully grew to the normal size. The upper two only grew halfway and they never caused troubles. Then my two wisdomteeth below started to get through but were growing in the wrong direction. The dentist decided to take all four out to prevend any troubles even though the upper ones were perfectly fine. But at the hospital were they removed them four the one on the right side below was very very tight and wouldn't come out not even after pulling. The dentist almost pulled me out of the chair when he tried to remove it. Me and the assistant had a very hard time not to laugh (my pain level is very high thank god). So as a final solution the dentist had to cut my jaw open to get it out.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Yeah, same deal, all four of my wisdom teeth didn't come all the way out, but they were also growing into the teeth in front of them so my mouth was in constant pain. At least they put me under right off the bat so I didn't have to be conscious for any of it.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I've never broken any bones, and I've only had two surgeries. One was to remove some gum tissue from my mouth after my first round of braces (I guess I had too much tissue and it was pushing them apart again. I had to get braces again soon after). The other was to get my wisdom teeth removed before they even had a chance to grow in (we didn't want to risk them growing in and ruining my teeth again after the second round of braces)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom