• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Timeline Theory and Ideas

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I think it all make sense now. I think Deus and Paz are on to something! It's like they said, if we just look at the time period of Twilight Princess taken place parallel to Wind Waker at the same time, then it would make more sense to put Breath of the Wild between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, because the backstory of the Wind Waker takes place several hundred years after Ocarina of Time, which means it would give us plenty of time for events to occur in Breath of the Wild as well. I'm going to give my reasons why I think it make sense by giving you some research of what I've found. Okay first of all the Great Plateau is where the old hyrule castle use to be from the ocarina of time era. In this video from zeltik he explains how OOT and BOTW have very similar landmarks. Okay now that we seen this video we know that the Great Plateau is located in the southernmost part of the map, and we also know that the new hyrule castle is located a little up north. In Twilight Princess the Temple of Time and what we believe to be Hyrule Castle Town is located in the Lost Woods which is located in the southern part of the map, while the new and bigger Hyrule Castle and town are located up north of them. Second I will explain why it make more sense for the BOTW Temple of Time to take place between Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Okay for starters the outside of the Temple of Time from OOT and BOTW looks very identical from one another.
tumblr_inline_mubj76RBmC1qi22la.jpg
3421135b04cc92d85176a60556fcbfb81a1aa4c3_hq.jpg
I doubt if they built another Temple of Time that it would look the same as the one from OOT. As for it not fitting in other timelines well it wouldn't fit in the unified timeline because the Temple of Time is intact and in working condition by the time of ocarina of time. Not to mention that the Temple of Time and Hyrule Castle are always right next to each other, so it wouldn't make sense for the castle to be way up north and the temple way down south. It can't be in the downfall timeline because the Temple of Time doesn't exist anymore by the time A Link to the Past starts. And it definitely can't take place in the adult timeline because they pretty much just build Hyrule Castle on top of the Temple of Time, and it's flooded. Which makes the logical choice the child timeline. Okay so in the child timeline we know that Breath's Temple of Time can't take place after Twilight Princess because while it is in decay, it's still in a better state than TP's Temple of Time. Lastly in both of the temples there is a big gap on the wall on the left side of the temples.
0em5o.jpg
Next I would like to mention the Twilight Princess bridges and the City in the Sky. Okay so another good reason why Breath of the Wild should take place before Twilight Princess is the Great Bridge of Hylia and the Bridge of Eldin. In Twilight Princess the two bridges are very old and cracked while in Breath of the Wild it looks new and in great shape.
300px-Great_Bridge_of_Hylia.jpg
310px-Bridge_of_Eldin_2.jpg
hvYFFW0h.jpg
Wvvbvp8.png
Also in Twilight Princess we have the City in the Sky. In Breath of the Wild, there seems to be a shadowy figure up in the sky that looks like an island or an airship, couple with the fact that during the trailer of Twilight Princess HD, they shown a teaser of Breath of the Wild while the sky cannon theme played in the background. So it looks like there could be a possibility of us going to the City in the Sky again. Now I would like to talk about the Koroks. I know the biggest controversy involving the Koroks is that they only appeared in the Wind Waker which is in the adult timeline, but I feel the same can be said about them appearing in the child timeline. The Koroks was once Kokiri, they gave up their humanoid forms so they can escape from the crisis that was the Great Sea. I think the calamity ganon is an different kind of crisis that force their hand into evolving so they can stay alive and go into hiding. If you think about it, it make sense why we never see them in Twilight Princess. They still concealing themselves. Now the last thing I'm going to talk about is calamity ganon. Alright so what if calamity ganon is actually Ganondorf's malice? Like what if that is his hatred manifesting from the Twilight Realm and then it escapes from the Twilight Realm to wreak havoc onto Hyrule? Or what if the wounds from the failed execution and the dematerialization into the Twilight Realm was so great that it put him in a weakened state and then made him unconscious to a point where he couldn't control his demonic powers for hundreds of years until it came in the light world? I mean it could be possible, Ganondorf has always found "loopholes" when it come to seals. I mean he did it in A Link to the Past with Agahnim, so it's possible.

Last edited:

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Nice job on bringing all the evidence together! The video with the fountain as evidence of castle town was pretty convincing.
Thanks, but I couldn't of done it without Zeltik and the other people that did some research like you guys:). Still I was kind of hoping that this game will take place in the hero is defeated timeline since that's one of my favorite timelines, but only time will tell.

Paz

My most favorite time line is the child time line. Mainly because TP is my most favorite game. When I first saw the botw trailer I freaked out when I saw the bridge of Elden.

Paz

I'm not sure at all, it was just me being excited, but the fact that it looked like it made me really think it was some squeal to TP when I saw the trailer for the first time.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
My most favorite time line is the child time line. Mainly because TP is my most favorite game. When I first saw the botw trailer I freaked out when I saw the bridge of Elden.
That's cool, I'm glad that you like TP, and you never know, you might get that twilight princess prequel after all;). My other favorite timeline is the adult timeline with The Wind Waker, and A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds from the defeated timeline.
Are you sure it's the bridge of Eldin?
Well it could be the Bridge of Eldin, or the Great Bridge of Hylia.

Last edited:

Aku

I'll be honest, I really hope they have this game at the end of a timeline. I think they should be prgressing the chronology forward for once instead of always trying to cram games in between other existing games, because I really don't want to already know what's going to happen 100 years in the 'future.'

That said, there is nothing preventing them from building a new ToT. There is nothing stopping it from being wrecked either after a long period of prosperity, making it look aged after enough time has passed. (Even it is known that there were other abandoned ToTs.)

And this Calamity creature might not even be Ganondorf. Two timelines already have Ganondorf irretrievably dead, the last one is Downfall and even he was prevented from being resurrected. Unless they are splitting an existing time branch, Ganondorf for all intents and purposes is still a pile of dust canonically at this moment. Hell this might even be Lorule's Ganon for all we know! I don't think they are keen on doing a split again, so I don't think this is anything but at an end.

I'll be honest, I really hope they have this game at the end of a timeline. I think they should be prgressing the chronology forward for once instead of always trying to cram games in between other existing games, because I really don't want to already know what's going to happen 100 years in the 'future.'

That said, there is nothing preventing them from building a new ToT. There is nothing stopping it from being wrecked either after a long period of prosperity, making it look aged after enough time has passed. (Even it is known that there were other abandoned ToTs.)

And this Calamity creature might not even be Ganondorf. Two timelines already have Ganondorf irretrievably dead, the last one is Downfall and even he was prevented from being resurrected. Unless they are splitting an existing time branch, Ganondorf for all intents and purposes is still a pile of dust canonically at this moment. Hell this might even be Lorule's Ganon for all we know! I don't think they are keen on doing a split again, so I don't think this is anything but at an end.
Ganondorf can easily be reincarnated, as shown in Four Swords Adventures. It's possible the cycle was ended in Wind Waker, but it's also likely that the Master Sword has just been seen as a permanent seal on Ganondorf's soul and Demise's hatred due to the Master Sword creating a stone coating on Ganondorf, possible symbolic of a cage on the soul.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've suggested in the past that some historical events might have alternate versions on other timelines. For example, because OOT was prevented from happening on the child timeline there was no splitting of the Triforce. Interestingly, we find out in TP that the pieces have been split, and the splitting was divinely influenced. What everything leads up to is a showdown between those with pieces - just like OoT. TP is the child timeline's version of OoT.

So, if some important events are inevitable, than maybe a decline of Hyrule, like in WW, is inevitable as well? BotW could be the equivalent to WW on the child timeline. Not in relation to years, of course.

The Koroks are present because the land is in a new Epoch it would seem. In WW the Kokiri didn' change form until the new world above the waves was created by the flood, thus their changing of forms must be tied to changing of eras.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Lorule had Yuga as its equivalent to Ganondorf. Just like Ravio to Link. So this isnt calamity Yuga.

Last edited:
What we do know:

- Temple of Time still stands relatively unaffected.

- no game can take place between OOT and WW for WW's plot to exist.

- there cannot be anything past Twilight Princess due to the near desolate state of the Temple of Time ingame.

- The Koroks are either an Easter egg collectathon or in the time after OOT the Kokiri turned into Koroks after the Hero of Time left.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
What we do know:

- Temple of Time still stands relatively unaffected.

- no game can take place between OOT and WW for WW's plot to exist.

- there cannot be anything past Twilight Princess due to the near desolate state of the Temple of Time ingame.

- The Koroks are either an Easter egg collectathon or in the time after OOT the Kokiri turned into Koroks after the Hero of Time left.

A game can take place between OOT and Wind Waker. I'm going to make a thread rather than just answer you though.

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threa...between-ocarina-of-time-and-wind-waker.56979/

Last edited:
There has been time travel, and Yuga could rip holes in dimensions, so maybe Ganon could do the same, so BoTW could be set in a parallel timeline to twilight princess, where the timeline has split due to messing up the stream of time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom