• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Breath of the Wild Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 3 Current Vote Tally:
YIGAhim - 1 (funnier6)
A Link In Time - 1 (kokirion)

Not voting - Krow, A Link In Time, YIGAhim, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Kirino, Mido, Minish_Link, Rubik

With 10 players alive it takes 6 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, August 4th 2018 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180804T19&p0=43&msg=End+of+Day+3&font=slab&csz=1

Post count (players not mentioned have already made the required 3 posts):
A Link In Time - 1
funnier6 - 1
@YIGAhim - 0
Kirino - 2
Mido - 1
Minish_Link - 1

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Kay I’m here with my before I pass out post.

Given Sadia was town, I’m more inclined to believe kokirion is since she knows him really well and she thought he was. He’s so hard to read though that he probably ought to be cop checked if sms ever gets a break.

Also I find it unnerving that ALIT has not been countered since I can hardly imagine that there isn’t two role blockers in this game so unless someone isn’t saying anything he must be town.
If you’re rereading posts and you have a question, it’s typically a good idea to keep reading before you ask it since flora asked the same thing and I told her it was because there was a role in x men that made somebody else a lightning rod and was wondering if it could possibly have happened to me. Do you have any reads or thoughts?
I can’t confirm or deny this as my action couldn’t be affected. (Though it might be affected later) I do wonder why you thought I was a worthwhile target.

Anyway I wanna lynch Yiga.

Vote: Yiga

This is mainly because I’ve just noticed he has 23 posts and yet I can’t recall anything he’s said or contributed whatsoever. @YIGAhim I know you’re anti reads list but give me absolutely anything.
You seem to genuinely wish to hear from me and get my thoughts and opinion in a townie kind of way. For this reason, at the moment I am changing my mind about you and reading you as town

funnier6

Courage~
I wont be sharing my reads on everyone. Though I would like to ask why Minish isn't posting as often as she did in the last game, I find that unusual.
You should. Minish posts walls every now and then as a rule and occasionally posts often when she can/feels like it. Though I’ve never seen her super active as scum.
Care to share anymore of your mass quote replies?
I can’t tell if this is sarcasm curious or just plain rude but I’ll take useless questions for a thousand Alex.
Because people tend to move me away from my thoughts when they know them. It's the reason we lost the last game.
I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about in the first or second sentence but that’s a ridiculous reason not to give thoughts.

While, if I recall right, Minish has discussed this matter with YIGA in at least one other game, assuming YIGA is scum, I don't think the two are aligned if one of them is mafia, mainly because how open such talk was. More importantly, however, I am curious about something:
If Minish and Yiga were scum together I kinda think she would’ve tried to bus him already just cause it’s really normal for her to want Yiga dead.
Why the sudden change in read of Yiga? I agree that he feels scummy, but you said he looked less like mafia Yiga earlier in response to my raed of him.
I don’t remember anything else other than when I said this:
An I internesting difference to me is when he’s scum he tries to look like he’s contributing when he actually isn’t but right now he’s blatantly trying to contribute as little as possible and has said as much. He seems a little weird altogether but I haven’t seen anything that particularly brings his scum play to mind
I noted his unwillingness to contribute but didn’t automatically associate it with scum Yiga since his playstyle changes so often and I wasn’t too worried about him then. With the amount of people who are practically confirmed town now I can hardly imagine that he isn’t and his unwillingness to give thoughts or vote on anything doesn’t help. Especially since I’m used to the mafia trying to lynch him over his weirdness and since that hasn’t happened I’m even more concerned. With his place in the poe I think he’s the way to go today.
While it's true that there is no Cop counter yet, perhaps there is one who is laying low as to not get killed immediately after countering.
If you claim you’re the cop. If you’re the cop and someone else claims cop, you counter and lynch the mafia dumb enough to make that claim. There is like no situation where that is not the correct scenario.
I am a jailer. Simply put, I can protect a target every night, while simultaneously blocking their night action.
This explains a lot, no wonder you wouldn’t believe ALITs claim one bit if you were the jailer, and also explains why there was no immediate counter claim. I’d still like Yiga and ALITs wagons to be close though, so I won’t move my vote till later if I do.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
You should. Minish posts walls every now and then as a rule and occasionally posts often when she can/feels like it. Though I’ve never seen her super active as scum.
I can’t tell if this is sarcasm curious or just plain rude but I’ll take useless questions for a thousand Alex.
I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about in the first or second sentence but that’s a ridiculous reason not to give thoughts.

If Minish and Yiga were scum together I kinda think she would’ve tried to bus him already just cause it’s really normal for her to want Yiga dead.
I don’t remember anything else other than when I said this:

I noted his unwillingness to contribute but didn’t automatically associate it with scum Yiga since his playstyle changes so often and I wasn’t too worried about him then. With the amount of people who are practically confirmed town now I can hardly imagine that he isn’t and his unwillingness to give thoughts or vote on anything doesn’t help. Especially since I’m used to the mafia trying to lynch him over his weirdness and since that hasn’t happened I’m even more concerned. With his place in the poe I think he’s the way to go today.
If you claim you’re the cop. If you’re the cop and someone else claims cop, you counter and lynch the mafia dumb enough to make that claim. There is like no situation where that is not the correct scenario.
This explains a lot, no wonder you wouldn’t believe ALITs claim one bit if you were the jailer, and also explains why there was no immediate counter claim. I’d still like Yiga and ALITs wagons to be close though, so I won’t move my vote till later if I do.
Why would minish bus me if I was her partner?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Cause she almost always finds you scummy so it would be out of character if she didnt.
While that is true, as a scum partner, unless you were in a really tough spot you would not do something that risky. Since scum is doing great right now, I find that unlikely

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Kay I’m here with my before I pass out post.

Given Sadia was town, I’m more inclined to believe kokirion is since she knows him really well and she thought he was. He’s so hard to read though that he probably ought to be cop checked if sms ever gets a break.

Also I find it unnerving that ALIT has not been countered since I can hardly imagine that there isn’t two role blockers in this game so unless someone isn’t saying anything he must be town.
If you’re rereading posts and you have a question, it’s typically a good idea to keep reading before you ask it since flora asked the same thing and I told her it was because there was a role in x men that made somebody else a lightning rod and was wondering if it could possibly have happened to me. Do you have any reads or thoughts?
I can’t confirm or deny this as my action couldn’t be affected. (Though it might be affected later) I do wonder why you thought I was a worthwhile target.

Anyway I wanna lynch Yiga.

Vote: Yiga

This is mainly because I’ve just noticed he has 23 posts and yet I can’t recall anything he’s said or contributed whatsoever. @YIGAhim I know you’re anti reads list but give me absolutely anything.

Hmm, I targeted you because I thought you were way too tunneled on me instead of actually solving the game. But if you say that you actually couldn't be stopped, then it was a waste.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm not going to just jump on the "he claimed cop, totally not scum" ship as quickly as you did. While it's true that there is no Cop counter yet, perhaps there is one who is laying low as to not get killed immediately after countering. In my personal opinion I found it odd that the Watcher was killed over the Cop, when the Watcher already did his damage to the scum. Not to mention the "Cop" got a No Result claim the same night. Perhaps it was a setup to make us turn against our own Roleblocker. The "Cop" could just say he was roleblocked or got "No Result" making ALiT look even more suspicious, while none of that actually happened and they killed All Might. Perhaps he really did get roleblocked and is our Cop? I wonder.

If there were an actual cop counter, they could lay low instead of outright claiming, but in that cause I would expect them to cast some serious suspicion on SMS and no one has done that yet. With his claim and the lack of any arguments against him, I think he's pretty believable. And SMS not being the night kill makes sense, because scum would probably assume he would be protected (like he was) and go for someone else.

I already softclaimed it in earlier posts, I am a jailer. Simply put, I can protect a target every night, while simultaneously blocking their night action.

Hmm, I did go back and found where I think you softed earlier. And your actions do seem to make sense, with focusing on ALIT because of his claim and SMS seems to back up that he was blocked last night.

Given Tristan's role as the bodyguard and your supposed role as the jailer, what makes you think there'd be a third protective role in the form of a doctor?

Tbf, bodyguard does protect but only once and the bodyguard dies in that person's place. So it's not quite that strong and you still lose a townie in the process. Both bodyguard and jailer are kinda a double edged sword, because with jailer you can protect someone but you also block them at the same time.

I think SMS's claim to have no result is perfectly believable as well, since it'd make perfect sense for the Mafia to roleblock him; in fact, he'd be the only reasonable target for a Mafia roleblock tonight.

I'm curious as to your thoughts on Kokirion/ALIT's claims then because of this sentence. Because you seem to be saying that Kokirion and ALIT could both be town, so do you think there is a mafia roleblocker, making there effectively three blocking roles in the game?

Yeah, this sums up basically where I'm at with Yiga right now. I've found that as mafia he's much more CWAC-y, and as town he seems to go more for grand gestures which he hasn't shown any of this game. Even though I'm usually against his thought process as town, at least then he's actually giving us something to go off of. Right now he's not helped the town out at all and feels like he's just trying to say stuff to get by.

Hmm, I targeted you because I thought you were way too tunneled on me instead of actually solving the game. But if you say that you actually couldn't be stopped, then it was a waste.

Any reason why you didn't target Kokirion, who was also focused on you and who you spent the majority of the day suspicious of?

Mido

Version 1
I'll start with SMS, since he was one of my scum reads, but while I was in the middle of making that post he claimed cop. So obviously that changed my perception of him, and he's no longer on the scum portion of my list. That leaves Yiga, Kokirion, and Sadia. One of the main reasons I originally went with Sadia was to put some pressure on her since she was the only one not saying anything. You can't defend or incriminate yourself if you're not posting anything. Plus there's the fact that I always read Yiga and Kokirion as scummy. So while I was less sure on them, I felt more confident about the evidence I had on Sadia. When she finally did end up posting I felt her defense was rather weak and didn't convince me of her actions.

Ah, I see. It looks like you were also one of the first if not the first one to vote her as well, which adds to this. I was curious mainly because I found your other scum reads to more resonate with my currently-developing perspective on the game up to this point.

I think that is an interesting point, and I agree it would be a possibility if the state of the game was less in the Mafia's favor up to this point (although it seems YIGA beat me to the punch on this one :sweat: ).

Kokirion's claim may be true, but I don't understand why he thinks I'm not town if he still there is a doctor as both of his actions could be duplicated across multiple roles this game.

Honestly, i think the waters have become even more murky. Assuming he is a townie, i would be more skeptical of the presence of a doctor, especially given the number of players and the fact we had a bodyguard. A roleblocker could be in the works, but I don't envision the Jailkeeper and our potential roleblocker being aligned in the slightest.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 3 Current Vote Tally:
YIGAhim - 1 (funnier6)
A Link In Time - 1 (kokirion)

Not voting - Musicfan, A Link In Time, YIGAhim, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Kirino, Mido, Minish_Link, Rubik

With 10 players alive it takes 6 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, August 4th 2018 at 7:00 PM EST. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180804T19&p0=43&msg=End+of+Day+3&font=slab&csz=1

Post count (players not mentioned have already made the required 3 posts):
A Link In Time - 2
Kirino - 2
Mido - 2
Minish_Link - 2

Notice: Krow has chosen to withdraw so @Musicfan will be taking his place!

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I'm not so sure about that, since your role is both a protective role and a roleblocking one. Considering that we already have at least two protective roles (you as jailer and Tristan as bodyguard), I don't see why we couldn't have two roleblocking roles (you as jailer and ALIT as roleblocker) as well, especially considering that this is role madness.

Given Tristan's role as the bodyguard and your supposed role as the jailer, what makes you think there'd be a third protective role in the form of a doctor?
The existence of a town roleblocker cannot be ruled out, but it is also not a given. The fact that it hasn't been counter-claimed yet doesn't mean anything. And the fact that he may have felt confident enough that no counter-claim would be made also doesn't prove his innocence, for he vaguely claimed he merely "prevented" me to do something, which multiple roles could have done. I think he fakeclaimed.

Regarding the doctor, I just cannot imagine a game without a doctor. A jailer as a substitute for a RB'er can make sense (a RB'er is not that essential anyway, rather just a commonly-used filler role) but I think that a jailer is a rather weak substitute for a doctor. Because then, no single town power role can be protected without also being blocked.
But you are right, there is no certainty that Pendio included a doctor. But that is okay. See it this way. No one knows for sure whether there is a doctor or not. The mafia can neither be sure. E.g. if I would announce tonight that I would jail you, then the mafia would still be not be sure wether SMS will be protected by a doctor or not. If we assume the chance of there being a doctor being around 2/3, targeting SMS still only has a 1/3 chance of succeeding. Will they risk a nightkill with only such small percentage of potential success? Probably not, so even if here is no doctor, maybe my claim can still avoid the mafia from targeting the most essential roles. That is a huge improvement from me trying to save someone like SMS in secret, while essentially turning him into a vanilla townie. Now I can avoid that while still having left protection behind for him.

It makes sense for the Mafia to kill All Might over SMS, as the former still had important information that he hadn't yet shared (the rest of the members who targeted the Lightning Rod on Night 1), whereas SMS didn't. I think SMS's claim to have no result is perfectly believable as well, since it'd make perfect sense for the Mafia to roleblock him; in fact, he'd be the only reasonable target for a Mafia roleblock tonight. There's also the fact that he claimed one of the most easily countered roles this early in the game, and has yet to be countered. In my opinion, he's as confirmed as Flora/Mido is.
Yes, he did still have a list of everyone who had a night action at night 1. I believe there were still 2 names he did not reveal (or 3?).

In Pirates II, I actually fakeclaimed cop while the real cop was still in the game, and no counter-claim happened for a number of days. So it does happen, but I agree that it is SUPER unlikely. A super dangerous and reckless move that only pays off if you have a damn good reason for it. SMS quickly claimed while he was under pressure early in the game. I doubt that was a calculated move. And even though a real cop may stay hidden for a while to first gather some more results on other people he/she can reveal after claiming, they would always counter-claim at some point. As long as that hasn't happed yet, I fully trust SMS.

Mido

Version 1
In Pirates II, I actually fakeclaimed cop while the real cop was still in the game, and no counter-claim happened for a number of days. So it does happen, but I agree that it is SUPER unlikely. A super dangerous and reckless move that only pays off if you have a damn good reason for it. SMS quickly claimed while he was under pressure early in the game. I doubt that was a calculated move. And even though a real cop may stay hidden for a while to first gather some more results on other people he/she can reveal after claiming, they would always counter-claim at some point. As long as that hasn't happed yet, I fully trust SMS.

Well maybe the real cop would have claimed sooner if said cop was not rudely immobilized for a day period. :P

Reactions: Pen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom