• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Brawl Tournament 2 Revive (Signups)

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Well, I saw this was a month old, so I figured I'd do my best to revive it. This is a literal Copy'n'Paste from Kokirion's sign-up, so credit goes to him and Durion.

Here are the basic rules to start off with:

- 3 stock.
- Items are turned to off and none.
- All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
- Finals and semi-finals are best of five.
- Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.

Gameplay rules:

- Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned, as it allows for the brawler to be impervious to damage for as long as the brawler can correctly uphold the technique. The technique allows for the brawler to quickly attack to, and if the attack lands, they can rather quickly resume the technique.
- If both players have one life remaining, but the match is ended by a sacrificial KO (only possible by using Ganondorf's Flame Choke or Bowser's Flying Slam), the brawler that initiated the sacrificial KO is the victor, completely ignoring Sudden Death.
- Although this doesn't really matter since we have taken away the time limit, some people may stall so that the other brawler will get bored and quit (however unlikely). Chain grabbing to high amounts of damage, usually around 300%.

Set Format:

1. Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.
2. The winner of the first game will state which stage they ban for the next match. The loser announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.
- Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect
3. Repeat 2nd step for successive matches.

Stages:

Stages can be divided into 3 seperate categories; Neutral, Counter-pick and Banned. I'll try to explain what classifies stages into each category and which stages are in which categories to.

Neutral stages are the only category of stages that are available for brawling on during the first match of the round. However, several stages are classed as both Neutral and Counter-pick, but we decided to mix them into the neutral stages and counter-picks, removing the category. The points that make a stage a neutral stage are (according to t1mmy from Allisbrawl:

- Averaged sized boundaries. Therefore, the map can't be too big or too small.
- At least of solid floor of appropriate length.
- No vertical walls or solid ceilings (Against my protest ).
- No walk of ledges.
- No screen scrolling.
- No environmental damage.
- No stage elements that disrupt competitive play.

Counter-pick stages are stages that can be chosen by the loser of each the first match and the second matches of the round. From the name Counter-pick you can deduce that it is a category for the loser to try and counter against the opponent and gain the advantage in the next stage to help with the second round (Although Dave's Stupid Rule states that a person can not choose a stage that they have already won on during the same round). As there are so many variations and I don't want to have to find a list that best suites our categories, I won't post any points that classify a stage to a certain category.

Finally, the last classification is Banned. Which is clearly where a stage has been banned due to reasons such as below (Although our list doesn't completely comply with this, as these points are opinion, and we took the stage classifications from SmashWiki, which uses the official Tournament classifications).

- Contains "Walk off edges" (allowing brawlers to grab the opponent and chuck them off easily). E.g. Mario Circuit.
- Has one or more vertical walls. E.g. Shadow Moses Island.
- Excessive screen scrolling or stage transformation. E.g. Rumble Falls.
- Has major environmental damage. E.g. Luigi's Mansion.
- Has a design that encourages camping or stalling. E.g. Temple.
- Contains stage elements disruptive to gameplay. E.g. Norfair.

Not all stages go by these though as the info I am using has been taken from two different sources, so it won't completely work together. So continuing, here is the list of stages and their categories...

Neutral:

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Smashville

Counter-pick:

Brinstar (Melee)
Bridge of Eldin
Delfino Plaza
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens (Melee)
Jungle Japes (Melee)
Hanenbow
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Port Town Aero Dive
Pokemon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Banned:

75M
Big Blue (Melee)
Corneria (Melee)
Flat Zone 2
Green Hill Zone
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 and 1-2
New Pork City
Onett (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses Island
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
Summit
Temple (Melee)
WarioWare, Inc.
All Sample Stages.

So if you would like to join, please post your FC in this thread and I'll add you to the list. The actual tournament itself however will be made in another thread.

As soon as I get my Friend Code for this game, I will post mine. For now, whoever's up for it can add their name and FC. As with Kokirion, I will be allowing only 16 entrants. those that registered for the previous tourney will get precedence in sign-ups. In other words, There will be a spot reserved for them on this list, and unless they don't want to participate, only they will fulfill the slot.

Tournament play will be organized in a standard 16-Player, Ranked Bracket, only Rankings will be given based on Sign-up Order (E.G. I will be Number 1, and I will face the person who signed up last, #16, #2v#15, #3v#14, etc.)

Also, I am thinking about adding a 2v2 Tournament, with 8 Teams. If anyone is interested in that, let me know via PM. I know the rules to that and will make a separate thread if we receive enough interest.

To Register, make a post with the following information organized like so.
Player - FC:XXXX XXXX XXXX - Availability - Time Zone (to find an available, overlapping time).

Participants Roster:
1. Rytex - 3007-7751-3126 - Available most days. Work schedule will be taken into account. - US Central Time (GMT -6:00)
2. Reserved for Kokirion (Received, Deciding)
3. Myriadviper42 - [TO BE ADDED] - [TO BE ADDED]
4. Beeker - 4339 3435 3018 - Weekdays (late afternoon), weekends when possible - [TO BE ADDED]
5. Reserved for Conde (Awaiting Response)
6. Reserved for Michael Heide (Awaiting Response)
7. Reserved for PK Love Omega (Awaiting Response)
8. PK Flash - 4639 8685 7387 - [TO BE ADDED]
9. Hacked - 0903-2554-6753 - Sunday, ~5:00PM - Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5:00)
10. Hacked's Brother - SAME AS ABOVE
11. Jedizora - [TO BE ADDED] - [TO BE ADDED]
12. Linkdude74 - [TO BE ADDED] - [TO BE ADDED]
13. Timeless - [TO BE ADDED] - Weekend afternoons and evenings - US Central Time (GMT -6:00)
14. Penguinboy82 - [TO BE ADDED0 - Weekends, except early Sundays - US Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

As FCs come, be sure to add them. I'll send out a PM to let you know who you're playing when they've signed up. When possible, go ahead and schedule a match with them, and fin a way to communicate the stage you're gonna pick and all that stuff. When the Bracket is made, announce your results in the comments.

Reserved for Tournament Bracket Link

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I found a good place that can do the bracket. It's interactive, and the link I post will take you to the thread where results will be announced, which will have the link to the bracket, if you understand what I'm saying.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
12 Slots taken, still awaiting responses, but all in all, if we give this some time, it may happen. We'll have to think of something to get the winner on here. Like a banner or something.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
As of now, there are only two guaranteed spots left. We are still awaiting responses from four of the original participants, but those spots may not come. Sign up now, or risk not getting to show off your skills at this, the game of manly men and womanly women.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Well, added some info on Hacked and his brother, which reminds me. Get your FC info in, availability, and time zone in so we can put it all down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom