• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild BOTW Monster Appreciation Thread

LinksASleeping

The Adventure Of Me
How many Lynels are there? I only have seen 1 in the snowy mountains by the Labyrinth, and the red one by the Zoras.

I really like Lynels, but I am not very confortable fighting them. I can beat red one no problem, but I am too scared to fight the white ones. All blue maned Lynels have macigally vanished from my Hyrule and they have been replaced with white ones, which makes material grinding really hard since I can't find any blue ones and only know one location for red one.
I share this dilemma. Not so much because materials, but... I'm generally reluctant to fight certain lynels because all the lower level varieties seem to get replaced, and it looks like the weapon type is dependent on their location (this could be wrong), and I need their clubs in particular for my compendium, and I have never seen a red-maned or blue-maned lynel with a club. Ever.

May have to be something I'll need to buy for the compendium, because unless the guy on Shatterback Point wants to start carrying a club, I don't think I really have a choice. I've been holding off on finishing my remaining Divine Beasts since the general consensus is them all being replaced with the silver variety is linked to that. Not until I'm done farming the other varieties; plus silver lynels aren't as cute. They don't have squishy faces.

How many Lynels are there? I only have seen 1 in the snowy mountains by the Labyrinth, and the red one by the Zoras.
I could be mistaken, but I think there are 40 like some of the other higher leveled monsters.

Lynel Ganon DLC im telling you ;)

Glad these guys are in there because even silver boko/lizals/moblins arent much of a challenge (if you do what i do and freeze them with an ice arrow and clobber them with a flameblade) but Lynels are rather immune to that kind of thing so its always a fun clash.

Last edited:

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I respect them enough to leave them the hell alone!!! Thank Hylia for ancient arrows because I did NOT wanna get killed by the one in Hyrule Castle before I even got to Ganon!!

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
^
The man has a point. Anyways, lynels are very kool. I was exploring hyrule castle and a blue one dropped down in front of me and I was like :eek: rip

I have beaten 6 silver Lynels, and have yet to get one to drop a star fragment. :(
Seems I got lucky with my earlier ones where it seemed like every other one dropped a star fragment... since then I've probably gotten around 5-6 total out of probably 20+ silver Lynels, so I went back to harvesting star fragments through the normal method once I'd gotten all of the Lynel specific drops I needed.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
There is an apparent lack of Lynel Book Club in this thread
Snapshot_20170330.png

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Spear lynels are fun Club lynels are pure evil. T.T i had to defend my horse and fought my first lynel a blue spear wielder...... i cried and ate almost 3 pages of food. I won and then died to the club wielder just down the road.

Jesus Lynels are tough. I appreciate that even after the final boss you got the real boss in lynel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom