• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bosses

Austin

Austin
Beyond using multiple items, I want bosses that don't follow the typical "expose the weak point then slash the crap out of it" formula. About 90% of the bosses in the Zelda series need (or can) be defeated by using the sword. Twinrova, Goht, Stallord, these are all bosses that can't be defeated using the sword, and they're also named quite often as a favorite boss. Anyone else see the correlation?

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
Yep the big let down in TP was the bosses, they were all way too easy. As cool as they all looked, they were just boring to fight because of how easy they were. I think if they just did a bit more damage every time they hit you they would've just hard enough to be enjoyable. Ironically though I had a hard time with some of the mini-bosses.

More damage per-hit and harder to avoid getting hit is what I'd like to see in the new game.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My problem with the bosses is not so much that their weaknesses are obvious, though that is a major complaint. My biggest issue is just how gosh darn easy it is to execute the needed attacks. I'm not saying the bosses should be so well protected that they're impossible to hit, but a bit of self-defense and some intellect goes a long way.

Also, I'd love to see more traditional swordfighting. Minibosses like the Darknut (epic) are so amazing because they don't employ silly gimmicks. It's Link and his sword and shield against a competent enemy with just a sword and shield. Other examples include things like the Lizalfos or Iron Knuckle in OoT, both of which I loved fighting. Darknuts and the final duel with Ganondorf in TP are my favorite combat experiences in Zelda games because it's straight out fighting, no gimmick weaknesses. Oh, forgot to mention, OoT's Dark Link, provided you use only the Master Sword, which I did. I loved that fight soooooo much. He was more challenging than Morpha. It's a problem when minibosses are harder than the temple's boss.

Oh yes, we also seriously need more overworld bosses and minibosses. King Bulblin was fun and all, but we need more of them, make Link feel like he's making a difference outside of obscure dungeons no ordinary citizen would enter anyways.

Have any of you played metroid prime 3.

Omega Ridley require some skill to defeat. Oh and in tp gannon dwarf i beast form could be killed by shooting bomb arrows at his head to knock him down. Thus you could defeat completly using human link.:)

Linkmations

'Ello, I have returned.
Maybe they can include some of the old bosses: Barinade, Helmasuar, Odolwa, Volvagia, and my favorite Agahnim,
only with other names: Barinade: Giant Electric Squid BARINADE, Helmasuar: Gargantuan Masked Monster: SPIKE TOP, Odolwa: Mysterious Jungle Warrior: OLDEWA, Volvagia: Legendary Lava Worm: FYRIN, and Agahnim: Magical Shadow Demon: WARROBE (Warlock type Wizzrobe), Well i hope they have atleast one of those bosses in the new game!

I am hoping they can include some old boss music like ALttP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATLYgARBWjc&feature=related and MM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbgupNMxNrA&feature=related

O

Ocarina Of Time

In OoT I found Bongo Bongo extremely simple to beat. Phantom Ganon was hard when I first battled him but he fot easy. The only boss I had trouble with was King Dodongo! It's not clear what you have to do and you run out of bombs your dead!

Linkmations

'Ello, I have returned.
Um, No King Dodongo was pretty easy the first and second times i played, Bongo Bongo is NOT easy when your low on arrows, Phantom Ganon was in between hard and easy. But if you watched the video walkthrough then you can easily beat him without getting hurt that much :) in the room around King Dodongo's Lair there are Bomb Flowers around the edges of the room, Phantom Ganon is easy when you have to shoot the paintings, just stand on a Triforce Symbol on the ground and when he shoots out electricity you wont get hurt, Bongo Bongo does drop arrows but he also drops hearts once in a while, i haven't checked to see if Bongo Bongo is prone to the Longshot yet, but i hope that helps :)

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
Omega Ridley require some skill to defeat.
I agree that some bosses on the Metroid Prime games in general were pretty difficult. Some others that I would like to point out are: Meta Ridley (both 1 and 3), Thardus, Omega Pirate, the first Leviathan boss (forgot his name), and, of course, Metroid Prime itself (both forms). I would like to see some more bosses that are as difficult as these guys in Zelda. It's not like these guys are difficult to figure out, it's just that it's hard to take them down and they do a lot of damage.

B

BigHeadLink

I agree that you should be able to use multiple weapons, strategies, etc. to defeat the dungeon boss, but that each strategy would have its pros and cons, forcing players to decide whether they want strength or speed, etc. This would make boss battles much more challenging and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom