• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bosses

In my personal opinion, bosses in Twilight Princess were a little too dependant on "special ways to defeat". All bosses that were in the game had special ways to defeat and you couldnt really defeat them any other way. Just look at the originals, they all had bosses that you could defeat them, really, however you wanted too. You could slash lanmolas, shoot arrows or do any other thing to kill it.
I think the new zelda wii should incorporate this. Them, there weapon, and you and your sword. That would bring a new version of epic. Just look at the TP darknuts, they only had there sword and shield, there werent "special" ways to defeat them, and you could use bombs and other items on them to help fight. Thats why darknut is my favorite anemy of the series, cuz every time i see them, i think epic, and the bosses of the new ZWii could be that way.

Link1432

Most Uncreatively Named
Most definitely. Bosses in games as early as OoT always use the item that you found in the dungeon to defeat them. It made figuring out how to kill them really quite easy, and then the only difficulty came from executing that tactic. The bosses should really just have a weakness that you could execute with any sort of weapon. That would be really awesome.

BTW, I agree that Darknuts are epic.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I want a mix. Bosses like you said, but I want longer, harder, more fun bosses. Most of them in TP were incredibly easy.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
I agree partially.In the first dungeon,you should get 2 items so you could pick which way you want to beat the boss.And from then on out,you could beat the future bosses with past items.Also,most TP bosses have hidden weaknesses.

what weaknesses would these be? ill have to check them out once you tell me what they are.

Even if there are secret weaknesses, they arent obvious. Hence, you called them secret weaknesses, thats my main point, bosses are getting to the point these days where they are way to obvious

Last edited by a moderator:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, they should do it like they've done in LttP: Bosses that can be defeated using the respective dungeon item or a different item. Fx King Helmasaur: In the first phase you could use the hammer from the dungeon but bombs worked as well if one wanted some extra challenge. The second phase could be done using either your sword or arrows - here the latter method required a bit more skill but if you did it right then you could speed up the battle a lot. Or Mothula, where you could choose between your sword (takes more hits) and the fire rod (consumes magic). Maybe I forgot other methods here that work too, but what I want to say is that the earlier games gave you more freedom. The boss battles in TP felt a bit "staged".

I totally agree, that is the exact word for it "staged" like a script was written and the battle will always be the same. And im also talking about how battles have just gotten too easy to predict. Like diababa, wasnt even in the boss battle area, he or she was off to the front where you couldnt reach. Which made it feel like you were restricted as to were the battle could go. Nintendo, put the boss on the same floor that link stands on, dont make it so we can only hit the boss with our sword if we do a sequence of stradegies like ghoma from TP, you could only hit her once you used the dominion rod and blah blah blah

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
darknuts = epicness (bosses should use the dungeon item to weaken at first... but then anything else to UNLEASH A WORLD OF HURT!!!!!!)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I look forward to seeing the first three bosses (mainly because i will get to see them first but also because these bosses are usually themed with forest fire and then water attributes. I always enjoy finding out what kind of bosses the new games throw at us. It's one of the more exciting parts, just after you open up that boss door.. ya, you know tha feeling =)

Also I hope There are a few optional bosses this time around. It makes side quests way cooler when you have to fight a sub-boss. hmm and I also think fighting a boss on horseback is in order, again.

Just wait till we see that first trailer! I bet it'll feature a boss or two.

P

PHforever

I most certainly agree. Bosses in almost all video games can be defeated in a single way. If there were to be multiple ways that you could defeat a boss, then that would make the game much more fun. As you replay the game, you would be able to try new tactics on bosses, instead of doing the same thing each time, which eventually gets boring.

i think that it would be cool if you get an item in the beginning of the game and it has no porpouse (spelling :( ) then in like the fourth dungeon you fight a boss but you have to use that item you completely forgot about..also it would be cool if there were 4 doors which each had an item and each could defeat the boss but some items are better than others (of course you can go back and get those items)

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
It's fun to go back and fight them as FD link, the new zelda could take a leaf out of MM's book on a lot of things but bosses is definitely near the top of that list. MM reinvented the boss formula, and that's something Nintendo needs to try again. I'm not saying we need a game just like MM but rather we need another reinvented take on Zelda. I'm sure Capcom could hellp out with that... they always think up something new for the Zelda series.. well sort of.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yes, I think that there is always a really obvious way to defeat bosses, and most definately a weak spot. So, they need to make the bosses harder and less obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom