• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne

Amelie

Air Dancer
There are lots of bands I like that are German but I am starting to like American and English bands to. Im starting to understand the lyrics better and I found Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne in my friends fathers boxes of musik.

He let me use my Mac to burn myself copys and here is what I have ^^

Black Sabbath -

Black Sabbath (1969? or 1970?)

Paranoid (1970)

Master of Reality (1971)

Black Sabbath Volume 4 (1972)

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973)

Sabotage (1975)

Technical Esctasy (1976)

Never say Die! (1978)

I didnt like Black Sabbath when I first heard the song Black Sabbath because it gave me the creeps! But I heard more of there other albums...

I heard.. Paranoid.. Warpigs.. and the very pretty and sad Solitude off of Master of Reality. I kind of fell in love with the band after that and listened to all the CDs. I like all the songs they had with Ozzy Osbourne.. and my favorite Albums and Songs change.. it depends on my moods.. but right now my favorite Albums and songs by them are

Black Sabbath volume 4 (I love Wheels of confusion. Snowblind. Changes. Tomorrows Dream. Super Naut and Laguna sunrise)

Sabotage (it is tied with Volume 4 for my favorite metal sounding album by them and I love Superstarz and Hole in the sky)

Never say Die! (I know this album is more like like Technical Esctasy before it but it has to be very close to my favorite album by them! I love Never say Die! Johnny Blade. Hard Road. Juniors eyes and Air dance ^^)

Ozzy Osbourne I have -

Blizzard of Ozz (1980)

Diary of a Madman (1981)

Bark at the moon (1983)

Ultimate Sin (1986)

No rest for the wicked (1988)

No more tears (1991)

Ozzmosis (1995)

Down to Earth (2001)

Black Rain (2007)

When I first heard Blizzard of Ozz was after I heard black sabbath and I really liked it. I like all his albums but my favorites by him would be.

Blizzard of Ozz (Crazy train. Goodbye to romance. Mr. Crowley. I dont know.)

No rest for the wicked (Mircale man. Blood bath in paradise. Hero. Breaking all the rules. Crazy babys)

Black Rain (I dont wanna stop. Black rain. 11 silver. Lay your world on me. Trap door. Here for you.)

I love all albums by him and my favorites along with favorite songs change. I also love Shot in the dark from the Ultimate sin.

What does everyone think of these 2 bands? ^^ disscuss please ^^

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
I'm not a big fan of that band and ozzy. I'm more of the light rock like the beatles but their song paranoid was complete epicness! I was crushed when Ozzy made a remake of in my life though. He ruined the song!!

Amelie

Air Dancer
I never heard his beatles covers. But I guess he is a big fan of them to ^^

And who would say Blizzard of Ozz is his worst? =O That is his best to me. I think second would be Black Rain. Right now anyway ^^

V

Vic

Lately I prefer the current line-up with Dio, which is the back, saw them live, and they sounded amazing!

Amelie

Air Dancer
I guess we all have are own opinions. The only Sabbath song I liked with Dio was heaven and Hell. It just doesnt even sound like Sabbath without Ozzy to me.

And I thought Dios version of Paranoid and warpigs was pretty bad ><

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I'm kind of surprised Ozzy is still alive considering all the crap he put into his body. You an tell it has taken a toll on him though.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I noticed after 1988 album (i think he had a alcoholic seizure in 1989) because he kind of has a little slur on all his albums after No rest for the Wicked (1988)

I did notice to.. that he kind of shakes on stage sometimes.

I read that he says he has a plan to retire after 2 more albums. But he did try retireing in 1992. Then again.. he was still young back then ^^

Amelie

Air Dancer
I thought I would bump this thread because I wanted to say that I did listen to some Black Sabbath songs that had Dio and Ian Gillian(?)

Heaven and Hell is a good song but I honestly have to say that Ians voice is to bluesy sounding for Black Sabbath. I still prefer Ozzy with Black Sabbath but I do like that Black Sabbath changed there name to Heaven and Hell and are recording a new album with Dio singing.

I was hoping for a new Black Sabbath album with Ozzy but I dont think it will happen because Ozzy is going to retire after 2 more albums. Well... thats what he said.. he said he was going to retire in the past though.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Is it true that Ozzy Osbourne used to eat living animals during his performances? Or is it something I just dreamt? If it is true I can not like a man like that no matter how good his music might be/have been :sick:!

Amelie

Air Dancer
Its true that he bit a head off of a live bat. In his defense he was drunk and someone threw it up on the stage. He thought it was fake. They had to rush him to the hospital >>

So he didn't do it on purpose.. but.. I think there is a story that he did bite the head off of a dove on purpose. I think it is true but he was drunk then to. And it was not at a performance.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I guess we now have another reason to give all you young people here in Zelda Dungeon to why you should never drink too much alcohol :lol:. (Pardon my grammars)

Amelie

Air Dancer
I agree! Im sure even Ozzy wishes he never did drugs or drank. My father says when he is on stage he needs telepromters to remind him of some of his old lyrics because is mind is so messed up he cant remember them.

I was listening to the Down to Earth CD today and I just suddenly really love it. Im not sure why. Its just really catchy. I still like the newest one... black rain more but this one is really good. I think I like it more then Ozzmosis. Then again... my favorite albums by any band kind of trade places every now and then ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom