• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bird Riders and Hero's Clothes Suggestion

Beeker

Wild Card
...I never saw this. At all. Was this in a trailer, or a demo?o_O

Anyhooo, That is interesting. It does seem like the guards in Spirit Tracks, and in this case, the knights have some sort of uniform. I think the chain of events JuicieJ described could be a possibility of how things unfold. So, Link and his classmates are competing for something, most likely to see who is the best birdrider. Link wins the little competition, goes to the ceremony, has his little thing with Zelda, and then all the bad stuff starts to happen.

However, somehow I would think that if this ceremony is for the new knights, then Link would get his garb then, or perhaps just before the ceremony begins. That way he could be seen dressed and fully realized as fully graduated and a new knight.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Just sounds stupid to graduate as Knight after such a simple test... I though that this guys were badasses.

They went through a couple years of school, bird riding is the hardest test. It isn't simple, maybe in the demo but not in their version of reality. Riding on a bird is pretty badass though.

boko bob

A boko named Bob...
They went through a couple years of school, bird riding is the hardest test. It isn't simple, maybe in the demo but not in their version of reality. Riding on a bird is pretty badass though.

Seriously, none of what you said has been confirmed. We don't know if Link graduated or what, all we know is he wonthe ceremony, and he gets something from Zelda. Please has some base to you theories...

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Seriously, none of what you said has been confirmed. We don't know if Link graduated or what, all we know is he wonthe ceremony, and he gets something from Zelda. Please has some base to you theories...

Nintendo representatives have stated that this was his graduation ceremony, and I believe Aonuma stated this was aknight academy with principals and teachers.

But the part about the "couple of years" was speculation, heh.

I thought about the knight clothes thing too a few days ago so that's probably how he gets it. But about the sword, Link has it before he gets his clothes and I'm pretty sure his classmates don't. I think it's just a coincidence or they reused the model for the demo.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The SS I still believe he finds on his own, I don't think the Rauru guy has it. If he did, why doesn't HE go off and fight evil? I don't believe the "He's too old" excuse, or the "He isn't The One" excuse, as I've seen several old people fight on 'young people' scale!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
...I never saw this. At all. Was this in a trailer, or a demo?o_O

Anyhooo, That is interesting. It does seem like the guards in Spirit Tracks, and in this case, the knights have some sort of uniform. I think the chain of events JuicieJ described could be a possibility of how things unfold. So, Link and his classmates are competing for something, most likely to see who is the best birdrider. Link wins the little competition, goes to the ceremony, has his little thing with Zelda, and then all the bad stuff starts to happen.

However, somehow I would think that if this ceremony is for the new knights, then Link would get his garb then, or perhaps just before the ceremony begins. That way he could be seen dressed and fully realized as fully graduated and a new knight.

It was in one of the interviews with Trinen, a NoA rep. http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/07/trinen-talks-more-about-skyward-sword-timeline-etc/

(It's the third video)

EDIT: I've noticed the swords the Knights have also look similar to the Skyloftian Sword. It's really hard to tell if they're different or not, as the angle on them is terrible. Looks like my theory of Phi mixing with Link's starter sword to transform it isn't thrown out, yet.

Last edited:
I know nintendo reps have said the flight demo is a graduation of sorts. However, I don't think it has been confirmed anywhere that they go to a school for "knights". Almost everyone who has posted here is acting like that's the only thing that Link has been training for. But for all we know he's training to deliver mail like the Rito in WW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom