• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oracle Of Seasons/Ages Big Poe Hunting Tip

G

Greg

Here is something that appears in no online guides that I am aware of, but I found very useful:

You do not have to be moving for the Big Poe to spawn. You can sit on Epona, with Epona standing still in the triggering locations, and a new Big Poe will spawn about once every 15 sec or so. What I did was find the triggering locations and stop Epona in them, face a good direction, tweaking my arrow aim with each Big Poe appearance. When you have a potential hit lined up, double-tap the Big Pow by double-tapping the fire button (red B on my controller). When a Big Poe is hit by an arrow they cease to move for about a second, so if you double-tap and the first one hits, the second one will also. On the other hand, if you wait to see if the first arrow hits before firing the second, you may loose your chance to hit with the second arrow, and the Big Poe would escape. Of course, no big deal, just wait for the next appearance. For me this made getting the Big Poes 10x easier than trying to chased them.

I thought I really sucked at aiming things (sling shot, arrows, etc) - I would always move the aiming point too far when trying to adjust the aim quickly. However, I read somewhere that the newer controllers are actually very over-sensitive, so maybe that is my issue. I am playing with a friend's system - a Wii with a 'classic' style controller. I'm fine if I can Z-target something, but I can not win the expanded bullet bag/quiver for the dang life of me. As I said, that minigame is too difficult because I do not seem to have sufficiently fine control to adjust the aim-point quickly enough. It was a miracle I managed to get the megaton hammer - I thought I would never be able to run up that narrow spiral ledge in time.

Salem

SICK
So you don't have to be moving for them to reappear? That's awesome, I wish I knew that back then...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom