• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Zelda Music?

S

ScottyMcGee

Ok, maybe this is more for music soundtrack geeks like me, but which Zelda game do you think had the best music?

Also for consideration: which music do you sometimes wish had an official orchestration?

I had always wished the opening and ending tunes to Link's Awakening was orchestrated. It sounds so. . . Indiana-Jones-ish.

The ending music to Ocarina of Time was wonderful too.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
Zreo is a great site if you love the music. In my opinion WW and MM have the best music in all the games. WW's music is so beautiful and full of life. It makes me feel goodon the inside. On the other hand, MM's music is creepy, it has a tone that really goes with the feel of the game while also sounding very good. I also love the music from LA, it was very good for a gameboy game.

S

ScottyMcGee

I've listened to Zreo, although some orchestrations I don't really like.

If anyone's into soundtrack music, they could immediately notice that there are inspirations from John Williams. I think I read somewhere that Koji Kondo actually was inspired by John Williams. Looking at the music of the games, Ocarina of Time was like Raiders of the Lost Ark for Kondo, and then Majora's Mask was like Temple of Doom, much darker and evil in tone.

O

OmarScofield

Song Of Storms :D I could listen to that all day. It makes me feel so calm and relaxed :)

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I would have to say that the best Zelda music is from The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. I always have felt that the music was calming, comforting, and relaxing ―depending on which tracks you listen to. When I listen to the music, I feel as if I can picture every moment in the game. Like I said, the music is so soothing. That's just my opinion though.

Poké!

√∞ⁿ
Best Zelda music... I really have to say Ocarina of Time's music, but I don't really have a good reason other than that it's well-composed and sounds awesome.

C

chrono trigger

I love the music from WW, so calm and relaxing. oh and i really like the final duet in ST. kinda hard to pull off for me, but worth it to hear all the instruments combined.

A

Adolf Wolf

Ok, maybe this is more for music soundtrack geeks like me, but which Zelda game do you think had the best music?

I've downloaded most of the soundtracks in lossless format. I'm probably the geekiest there is. I also record my own re-arrangements of Zelda tunes every now and then.

I don't know about Koji being inspired by John Williams ... I'm a big fan of both, and there's never been a song in Zelda that I've thought sounded a lot like Williams to me. Perhaps the influence was minor. I don't know. ACTUALLY, WAIT. There have been a few moments like that. The very end of the Star Fox 64 credits is pretty reminiscent of Williams (Star Wars though, of course). Now I'm going to be listening for Williams whenever I play Zelda, lol.

I'm not a big fan of Zelda re-orchestrated either. Most of them sound worse than the originals since some of their midi voices are pretty terrible.

Anyway, some of my favorite themes are:
TWW - Molgera battle
TWW - Pirates' theme
TP - Faron Woods
OoT - Gerudo Desert (a given)
OoT - Saria's Song (Lost Woods, whateva you wanna call it)
OoT/MM - Koume and Kotake's theme
OoT/MM - Lake Hylia Lab, potion shop, I'm not really sure what to call it
MM - overworld
MM - Deku Palace
ALttP - Dark World (another given)
LA - title sequence

There's too many good ones to really list them all.

EDIT: forgot the final Ganon battle and credit sequence from OoT. those are awesome.

The music for the intro of Wind Waker (telling the story of the Hero of Time) really sent shivers down my spine and its probably my favorite theme.

OoT has my favorite music. Probably just because it makes me feel nostalgic for the game, but then, the music is pretty nice too.

My favorites from OoT are:
- Kotake and Koume's Theme
- Lost Woods/Saria's Song
- Gerudo Valley
- Windmill Hut/Song of Storms
- Hyrule Field

If they did an official orchestration of the OoT soundtrack, I would so totally buy it.

I've been trying to keep track of the music to make a "best of the best" soundtrack for myself, but I'm very picky about music. (Come on, former band geek here.) At the moment, my favorites are:

Ocarina of Time: End credits (it kind of makes me cry)
Link to the Past: Dark World theme
Wind Waker: Dragon Roost Island
Ocarina of Time: Gerudo Desert

I can't decide what my favorites from Twilight Princes are, because I kind of love them all. But Minda's Theme is pretty amazing. (I can't think of the rest, as I don't have my track listing on me.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom