• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Zelda Game Poll 2: A Link to the Past Vs Link's Awakening

A Link to the Past vs Link's Awakening

• A Link to the Past

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link's Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
With 16 Zelda games, I figured we could now do a fair tournament to decide the best Zelda game....or...at least the most popular. Each poll will end when one of two things happen:

1) One game beats the other by 10 votes.

2) Two weeks have ended.

Our current contenders are A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening

~~~

I personally choose A Link to the Past. I'm not the biggest fan of either game, but I found the sidequests and dungeons in aLttP to be more fun. The option sidequests items were a nice addition. Albeit a little overdone (whereas they were underdone in OoT), it was still a nice idea I hope to return.

EDIT: And it's over! aLttP is the winner.

Last edited:

MW7

Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game, and it's a solid game. However, I love ALTTP much more than LA. LA had some unique and interesting aspects such as the story and sidequests, but imo that does not make up for the fact that ALTTP has more and higher quality dungeons. Also personally I really prefer the balance of linearity and nonlinearity found in ALTTP by far out of all the games in the series, and that's a big selling point for me.

izi

Not A Wizard
I loved Link's Awakening. I'll be honest in saying I never made it past the Dark World in ALttP, but I played LA beginning to end in a few days because I just loved it so much.

I definitly like LA better
For some reason I can't really get into LTTP and find it kind of difficult...
...actuallly I consider it my least favorite game...

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I haven't played LA, so my judgement is probably unfair. But personally I think the best Zelda game ever is aLttP- even better than OoT and MM- so I'll have to say aLttP.

This poll tournament looks pretty interesting, DarkestLink... You all know where I'll be standing in the end, though. :)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
i have played em both, and i assure you all that ALttP it a much better, well thought out and more challengeing game than LA. LA was kinda weird, and broke away from the traditional formula. and the story was kinda quirky, i mean Zelda wasnt even part of thaat game if i remember it correctly! yeah she was refrenced but not in it, and in a way it was kind of a direct sequel, so ill give it that, but you ALttP is by far the best Zelda Game ever made. Hands Down, im shocked most of the comments above dont agree with me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom