• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Yard Sale/Thrifting Finds

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I've read many a story online of people getting their hands on super great finds and deals at yard/garage sales and thrift stores. Have you been so lucky? What did you find?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
The luckiest I’ve ever been was when I found an old pong console from the 70s complete in box at goodwill for about $10. It’s such a neat piece of gaming history, and while it’s usual price is harder to find than most other items in my collection, there are a few ebay listings for a little over $100.

Of course a close second was the copy of Big Bumpin’ on Xbox I found for $3. It had the original seal too so that’s nice. I mean sure the seal was torn so that means close to nothing but it’s Big Bumpin’ so who cares?

At thrift shops: I got an umbrella that depicts old newspaper comics. I also got a plushie of The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Oh and some very old tin containers for candy.

At yard sales: I got a shirt of Reptar from Rugrats, and a Pokémon Yellow cartridge that had an actual event Mew on it (as opposed to the glitch that let's you find one as a wild encounter). Unfortunately, my brother deleted the save file without transferring the Mew.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I got a $12 N64 and $3.75 GBA at thrift stores, both when I was around 13 I think. I saw a n64 game shark for a couple bucks once but I didn't know what it was so I left it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom