• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Video Game Ever

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I had to think about this. In the end I picked Tie Fighter. It was a transcendent flight sim with dozens of crazy missions, and for us 80s kids who grew up immersed in Star Wars, it was the coolest thing ever to fly those ships.

Runner up goes to another LucasArts game - Day of the Tentacle. Perhaps the funniest game I've ever played.

I've always been bad at things like this. I can tell you what games I don't like in an instance (after all, there are only a few that I truly despise), but I can't pick favourites with the ones that I love. If I had to pick one, I suppose it would be Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES. It was the very first game that I played EVER, and it started my life-long love for Nintendo. I really owe all of my credit as a Nintendo fan to that game.

Some notable mentions are Wind Waker (my first Zelda game), Super Smash Bros. Melee (introduced me to anyone that wasn't from a Mario game), and Metal Gear Solid series as a whole (I love heavily plot-driven games).

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I have a lot of most memorable video games: Myst, Riven, Uru, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess

But the best video game in my opinion is Batman: Arkham City.

Ultra Refined Controls, exceptional use of source material, stellar voice acting (nostalgia value +100), outstanding open world gameplay, mindblowing aesthetic design, and genius stealth action and brawler combat systems make for a near perfect video game.

My only drawback? It's too short.

My response is fairly unoriginal but I believe The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the “best” videogame of all time.

Any flaws present are so negligible they do not detract from the overall experience. More so than many recent titles, Ocarina’s narrative goes full cycle incorporating characters from the initial Young Link portion in new roles during Ganondorf’s dark reign. It’s a testament to the plot’s quality that two of my favorite videogame characters-Darunia and Sheik are present in the game.

It’s a classic coming of age tale through the lens of a boy who goes from a social outcast-the boy without a fairy-to the Hero of Time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My response is fairly unoriginal but I believe The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the “best” videogame of all time.

^ Is my generic response to "best video game ever" threads. OoT's story enriches its gameplay, the gameplay is completely solid with no caveats anywhere. The game's story is lax enough to warrant replays of the game, and there are very few if any compulsory dikes in the road which stop you from gameplaying. While there are things that are much to be desired, OoT used the maximum capabilities of its hardware (few years later, MM had to use the Expansion Pak to achieve what it did), and it made the best use of that hardware. It's a true 10/10, and it's not wonder the game was the FIRST to get 40/40 from Famitsu. I can play and replay OoT over and over again without being tired; it's simply a masterpiece.

<3

Zorth

#Scoundrel
OoT, story is fresh, gameplay was new & revolutionary, fits both casual & hardcore gamers and was just a well made game in general, balanced in every aspect. This is coming from as a gamer, not a Zelda fan.

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
Donkey Kong Country 2 because it's amazingly good in gameplay, soundtrack, graphics and everything.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is my best game ever. I was really impressed with the graphics, items, characters, plot, music, etc it had for us to see, hear, and play. It's really fascinated at first play the game when getting it. I was amazed on how everything was put up as the games goes along. Twilight Princess is my best game ever.

Combo between Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for me. I never really like any other games as much. Not even the other Zeldas. XD

Although Okami is definitely one of my favorites. And Mario All Stars, Dragon Quest III, Lunar: SSSC, and Lunar 2: EBC are pretty awesome too.

Last edited:
It's extremely hard for me to choose, but I'd say it's a toss-up between Twilight Princess (first game I ever got to play) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I'd really love to put Okami in there, because that had a huge effect on me, too, and I listen to the soundtrack almost daily - but TP has such a special place in my heart, and RD really tugs at my heartstrings due to one plot twist I shall not get into. But I am unashamed to say that I still get really sad toward the end, every time I have to fight the poor guy. Plus it has a great soundtrack, too.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I do love Zelda but my favorites game ever goes to GTA San Andreas!

Honorable mentions include.....Twilight Princess, OoT, Fallout NV, Shadow of the Collesus

Austin

Austin
I really enjoy Fallout New Vegas. I've spoken a lot about it all over this forum in the past so I won't get into it again. Also, I really love Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords. The first game was fantastic, but I always thought that despite a lack of polish, the second took everything about the first and made it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom