• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Looking Link.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Link has had many forms. He's had pink hair. He's been 2D and 3D. He's been a poorly animated cartoon. He's been a strapping young man in tights. So which game has the best looking Link?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I personally think Skyward Sword had the best-looking Link.

inb4 "his lips are big" or "he looks feminine"

Seriously, I never understand the people who make those complaints. I just don't see it. I think SS Link had the best looking hair, the best looking tunic, the best looking face... Pretty much the best looking in general.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Link_Artwork_4_(Twilight_Princess).png

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hate to say this, but, Skyward Sword's rendition of Link may be the sexiest of them all, minus the obvious botox in his looks and his effeminate appearance.

Well damn, Azure sure did ninja me.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
One rules them all.

My favorite is the adult Ocarina of Time N64 Link. He looks like a man, not a pudgy faced kid. The remake and other games have gotten it wrong. Link now has too many facial movements and too many clear emotions. Since he doesn't talk, they try to make him talk through facial expressions. He should be the strong and silent man who saves Hyrule. That is why the N64 got it best; facial expressions are kept to a few obvious choices.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My favorite is the adult Ocarina of Time N64 Link. He looks like a man, not a pudgy faced kid. The remake and other games have gotten it wrong. Link now has too many facial movements and too many clear emotions. Since he doesn't talk, they try to make him talk through facial expressions. He should be the strong and silent man who saves Hyrule. That is why the N64 got it best; facial expressions are kept to a few obvious choices.

Actually, facial expressions are part of the reason I like SS Link the most. His believable emotions and facial expressions really helped immerse me in the game, and it also helped his image as a character. I would prefer it if Link did not have less emotions or facial expressions. A blank slate is incredibly boring.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Are we going with the official art or how he looked in-game?

Because if it's the official then I'm handing it to the Hero of Twilight. He looks like a supreme badass.

But if it's in-game then hands-down to the Hero of the Goddess. His facial animations make him seem so much more real to me, and I see something sometimes that I don't really see with any others: vulnerability and a certain weakness to him that makes him much more earnest in his actions and therefore more inspiring to me as a player.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Actually, facial expressions are part of the reason I like SS Link the most. His believable emotions and facial expressions really helped immerse me in the game, and it also helped his image as a character. I would prefer it if Link did not have less emotions or facial expressions. A blank slate is incredibly boring.
I actually disliked SS Link's facial expressions. The majority of them were too predictable; he looked shocked when a "shocking" moment happened, he looked sad at the Crystal Scene (and then looked defeated after realising his beating the crystal was futile), he looked pissed off when Ghirahim stole the bride, etc.

I'd much prefer if he didn't have the botox, the predictable facial expressions, or the girly appearance. :I

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I actually disliked SS Link's facial expressions. The majority of them were too predictable; he looked shocked when a "shocking" moment happened, he looked sad at the Crystal Scene (and then looked defeated after realising his beating the crystal was futile), he looked pissed off when Ghirahim stole the bride, etc.

Oh, right, let's have him smile when something bad happenes and get angry when something cheery happenes. That would totally be natural. <_<

Does your Skyward Sword bashing know no bounds? Good grief...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator

I'd much prefer if he didn't have the botox, the predictable facial expressions, or the girly appearance. :I
Those are natural facial expressions. There's nothing wrong with predictable. Link's human reactions during moments like those are just about how you'd expect anyone to react. That doesn't mean that it's bad.

and seriously I do not see this "girly" appearance :I

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It doesn't make it /bad/, but it made Link's appearance to me be a bit unsatisfying. I mean, you'd expect someone to act and look scared (to a certain degree) in a heart-chilling situation. But, I've been in situations where dudes have been totally indifferent! They're still human, even if they didn't react after being told their mother was in a box all alone!

That's not Link's personality, though. You're really taking your biased look on SS too far this time. If you're gonna complain about it in SS, you're gonna have to complain about it in every other 3D Zelda game (and the DS games).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It doesn't make it /bad/, but it made Link's appearance to me be a bit unsatisfying. I mean, you'd expect someone to act and look scared (to a certain degree) in a heart-chilling situation. But, I've been in situations where dudes have been totally indifferent! They're still human, even if they didn't react after being told their mother was in a box all alone!
So you're weighing your personal experience with people against how a fantasy character would react? Do I have that right? Seems a bit unreasonable to me... I mean, we can't all be macho men who can continue a conversation completely unaffected at the same time a toenail is viciously ripped from their foot with rusty pliers, so I don't see why Link needs to be...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom