• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Helper in Zelda Series

Who's the Best Supporting Character in the Zelda Series?

• Midna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Navi

• Ceila

• Moosh/Dimitri/Rickey

• Linebeck

• Epona

• Ezlo

• King of Red Lions

• Ghost Zelda

• Total voters

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
As much as he acts like he's tough, Link can almost never complete his journey alone. He's gotten the help from Faries, talking boats, and even Zelda herself (well, sorta)! What I want to know is who do you think is Link's best follower in the series. For me, I love Linebeck. Sure, the guy's obnoxious and selfish, but there's more about the wimpy captain than we first encounter. Plus, he does some pretty funny things, like when he shakes Link so hard he can barely stand.
So feel free to talk about any characters from any of the games. I'll be waiting playing video games and wondering where my life went.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I will cast Navi out straight away. Only because she doesn't actually do much apart from point things out. Midna helps a lot, especially with jumping. Then Linebeck gives you his ship and Ezlo tells you everything you need to know. It is hard to make a decision really, as they each have a different helping role, but I will say either Linebeckl or Midna. But I love the way Link gets shouted at by all of them. :xd:

I voted Midna, since some were missing from the list, but my favorite is Sahasrahla or Ulrira, since their help was kinda optional, yet helpfull

EDIT: youForgot the owl from LA and Keapora Geabora from OOT/MM

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Midna, because of her insurmountable character development: She began out as a simple imp who aspired to use Link in attaining the power necessary to dethrone Zant and reclaim her rightful title as
the Twilight Princess
...but as the each Temple was beaten, we began to notice a change in her character. She was starting to regret ever exploiting Link, and she made this known on various occasions. And despite the fury she showed toward Zant and even the Usurper Kings "deity," she had the noble purpose of liberating her people, and would do anything to be sure she accomplished her duty.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Definitly Navi.

Simply because she had a comment of every enemy and guided you (HEY LISTEN) of course it got boring at some time... I cant Ciela because her comments are rude and she is always saying "What! You dont know..." or stuff like that.

Midna and Ezlo...they are cool but they dont really HELP YOU, in fact THEY HELP YOU, HELP THEM

So

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
I voted Midna, since some were missing from the list, but my favorite is Sahasrahla or Ulrira, since their help was kinda optional, yet helpfull

EDIT: youForgot the owl from LA and Keapora Geabora from OOT/MM

Sahasrala, Ulrira, and both of the owl characters you mentioned aren't supporting characters. They're just NPCs. They don't even have much to do with the plot.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I voted the OoX characters. The reason? They actually did things. Sure Midna took you into the Twilight, but that's a basic game mechanic. Moosh can friggen fly you all around Hololdrum!!! Either way, you actually got to control Moosh and co. and that's just cool. You don't ever get to control any of the other helpers.

The thing is. They aren't really helpers. For the most part you rescue those characters, but they actually are helpful. While they don't fit the usual helper role, they aren't annoying (unless the appear on the opposite side of the screen where you can't reach DX) and don't show you what to target, or where to go, but that's not the sort of help you need in the OoX games. I think they're easily the best but probably not everyone's favorite.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Sahasrala, Ulrira, and both of the owl characters you mentioned aren't supporting characters. They're just NPCs. They don't even have much to do with the plot.

I can't necessarily say whether or not Ulrira is, but I would say that Sahasrahla definitely is. He's the one who you connect to telepathically with those stones. He may not be part of the plot for the most part, but it doesn't mean he's not a helper. If Epona can make the list as a helper, when she's not a helper or part of any plot in any game (other than getting her back in MM), Sahasrahla should definitely be on the list.

Anyway, I voted for King of Red Lions. Although he wasn't with you inside dungeons, I thought he was the most interesting of them all, and still had helpful insight when you needed it. A 2nd place would be Navi. I just find Tatl to be too 7-year-old-brat-ish for my taste, and Midna just didn't have a good first impression, and first impression Midna has always been the one who stuck with me for some reason. Moosh and others have always irritated me that I've needed them at all, I don't know why. Plus, I don't feel like they're all that helpful, they don't give hints to the game, just allow you to ride on them to get through various parts of the worlds. I've never played PH or ST, so I can't say anything about Ciela, Linebeck, or Ghost Zelda.

Ghost Zelda by far. She actually help's you in the Spirit Tower, and help you fight Malldeous. Zelda is fun, and help's you through out the game. And Zelda isn't that annoying. =]

The other's were okay, but they annoyed me too much. They were helpful, but I didn't really like them.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
In terms of actually helping the player, Navi did this the best due to the lack of a real character. Yeah, she was annoying, but not only did she give names of enemies, she also gave hints for beating most of them. Her constant 'Hey!' was irritating, but she did remind you of where you needed to go. This was definitely helpful for someone like me who might not pick up the game for several weeks (still annoying in most cases, though).

When you consider the characters with the most personality, Midna comes out on top. She is the most developed character in the series and she actually gets character development! But when it comes to helping the player, she only told you where to go and provided little to no info on how to beat an enemy. Granted, it wasn't really needed for most people, but considering she's filling in the role of helper, she did very little helping.

So, Midna and Navi are the two extremes, I think. The other characters fall somewhere in between. I tend to like the characters with a more defined personality, so my favorites are Midna, King of Red Lions, and Ghost Zelda.

Linkerjuax

Bongo-Bongo
I have to say Navi I know most people hate her but, in my opinion, is the best supporting character in the LoZ series.
And I hate Tatl

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom