• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Christmas Movie(s)

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I was not a big fan of A Christmas Story. It's a good movie, but I wouldn't watch it once a year.

Elf however, is amazing.
kJj3PYV.gif

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
  • The Santa Clause - I will defend this film (and the sequels, mostly), to the death. Tim Allen nails the role, and it's so whimsical you can't help but love it
  • It's a Wonderful Life - Powerful and touching, this is easily one of the best films of the season. I just find it a little too depressing/relatable to enjoy much anymore.
  • Home Alone (and the sequel, kind of) - SAW for kids. The sequel was okay, but retreaded way too much from the first film (and Culkin really phoned it in). Still better than #3 onwards.
  • Elf - Fight me. This is so clinically stupid but wholesome enough to where I can look past it.
Now for an opinion that will get me crucified: I actively dislike A Christmas Story.

I watched it for the first time all the way through yesterday, and it was so painfully grating and obnoxious that if I was watching on my own I would have turned it off within half an hour to do anything else. One of the worst scenes (for me) had to be the dinner scene when the little brother shoves his face into his plate and screeches for several minutes. It was indicative of the entire film; loud, obnoxious, not funny, and lacking in any actual jokes.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Ok so first of I've never seen elf (let the hate commence lol). My fave Christmas film is muppet Christmas Carol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom