• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 8: The Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Although the reasons are fair enough, there are lots of constant self-put downs interspersed with the explanation... a little overkill. Could be an attempt to deflect suspicion.

Ya, it kinda fits under "appeal for sympathy" (which Rep led a successful scum lynch for in an earlier game). Basically, what that means is that a mafia member gets put on the chopping block and tries to use pity as a way to deter the voters from going along with their lynch. In this case, Sheik is undermining his own skills, perhaps as a way for us to feel pity and consider removing our votes, which is a common defense for scum in particular who desperately want to stay in the game. It's sometimes hard to come up with a lie, or cleverly twist the truth, so scum will often use this tactic when they don't want to be lynched. It's easier to defend yourself as town because you don't need to be deceptive, you just say the truth (most of the time). Sheik's defense seems really desperate and sort of thought up on the spot.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh, and as a side note, I encourage everybody currently in this game to click the "watch thread" button at the top of the page. This way, you'll get alerted when somebody posts in this thread and won't miss any posts. I find it extremely helpful when I'm playing mafia.

Mido

Version 1
CURRENT VOTE TALLY
Sheik (4)-Repentance, Mellow Ezlo, musicfan, kodachrome

Yet to Vote: PatCat, Findemaxa, Diego, Sheik, Crus@der77x

Remember, with 9 alive, it takes 5 for a majority lynch. The day ends tomorrow, August 22nd, at 11:00 CDT.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Ya, it kinda fits under "appeal for sympathy" (which Rep led a successful scum lynch for in an earlier game). Basically, what that means is that a mafia member gets put on the chopping block and tries to use pity as a way to deter the voters from going along with their lynch. In this case, Sheik is undermining his own skills, perhaps as a way for us to feel pity and consider removing our votes, which is a common defense for scum in particular who desperately want to stay in the game. It's sometimes hard to come up with a lie, or cleverly twist the truth, so scum will often use this tactic when they don't want to be lynched. It's easier to defend yourself as town because you don't need to be deceptive, you just say the truth (most of the time). Sheik's defense seems really desperate and sort of thought up on the spot.
Yeah, this is exactly why it's good to put pressure on people. Scum have to lie while Town does not, and when Scum start defending themselves they will get caught up in their lies.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, his word choice definitely borders on the pessimistic side.

I'm a bit more inclined to trust Rep's judgment on this, but since we're right on the verge of a lynch I'm not going to hammer. It's my policy not to do so unless I'm absolutely certain. The Cop can investigate me if they wish.

Jamie

So I'm feeling pretty confident in my choice here so err..

Doc protection please? lol

Mido

Version 1
FINAL VOTE TALLY
Sheik (4)-Repentance, Mellow Ezlo, musicfan, kodachrome

Did Not Vote: PatCat, Findemaxa, Diego, Sheik, Crus@der77x

Despite the loss of Frozen Chosen, you all rebounded from the day before, as your hesitance to cast a lynch allowed you to clear your minds and approach a common direction. One brave member among you spoke up early on, accusing Sheik. This bold accusation quickly became the topic of discussion, as while a few followed suit, many were apprehensive about the move. Ultimately, Sheik was pushed to be lynched in the end.

You all surrounded Sheik as you prepared to deliver judgement upon him. He shivered nervously, and suddenly shouted,

"Damn you all! This isn't over!" Sheik then attempted to quickdraw a small revolver, but luckily, one of you noticed, and disarmed him swiftly. Sheik staggered back, and at that moment, you all swarmed him and beat him down. Those actions alone proved Sheik's alignment. With a temporary victory achieved, you all decided to get some much-deserved rest.

Sheik was a Mafia Goon

The Living
1. PatCat
2. Mellow Ezlo
3. Findemaxa
4. Repentance
5. Diego
6. kodachrome
7. musicfan
8. Crus@der77x

The Dead
Frozen Chosen:
Townie (Killed Night 1)
Sheik:
Mafia Goon (Lynched Day 2)

Night 2 Begins!

Power roles, please send in your night actions when you can! The night ends on Wednesday, August 26, at 11:00 CDT.

Mido

Version 1
A sound sleep accompainied you this night; the solace of knowing one of those murderers was out of the equation certainly helped matters! But alas, during the sound slumber of the night, the killers once again made their move. Silently and swiftly, they snuck into the victim's room, hoisted him up, gagged him , and smothered him, all without a noise to be heard.

Waking up the next morning, you found that one among you was missing once again, so you routinely searched the rooms. In the middle of the hallway, you gasped in horror as you found one door ajar. Upon inspection of the room, the victim was found motionless, presumably smothered in his sleep. You looked though his belongings, and found his ID. The poor victim was Crus@der77x! With another innocent taken during the nighttime, you felt plenty of fear, but you also felt more determined than ever to hunt down these criminals.

Crus@der77x was a Townie

The Living
1. PatCat
2. Mellow Ezlo
3. Findemaxa
4. Repentance
5. Diego
6. kodachrome
7. musicfan

The Dead

Frozen Chosen: Townie (Killed Night 1)
Sheik: Mafia Goon (Lynched Day 2)
Crus@der77x: Townie (Killed Night 2)

Day 3 Begins!

With seven alive it takes five for a majority lynch. The day ends Monday, August 31, at 11:00 CDT.

EDIT: A quick re-announcement that I already posted in the Replacement Thread: PatCat requested a replacement, so if anyone would like to step up to the plate, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Vote Diego he has not posted, I think I hit show ignored on all pages, since he said he would play like he normally would. Even if it is abrasive stating what he thinks would nothing but help the town.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm kind of glad Thar died last night because I was gonna put some suspicion on him today for so actively defending Sheik.

Sadly, though, it also means I'm at a loss in terms of leads. The inactivity in this game is making it extremely hard to read people.

Jamie

I agree with the Diego suspicion. @Diego where are you? Notice he also didn't vote for Sheik. So err
Vote: Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom