• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
I don't quite understand where these accusations against Keeseman are coming from, but I think, like JJ, it's because of his aggressive posting style. But honestly, who knows?

Oh, btw, I already told Axle but my comp isn't in the best condition. If I suddenly go inactive, it's because my comp broke.

Speaking of JJ... Imma go beat him because he hasnt posted on here in A LONG time:dry:

As for your inactivity, I hope you can get your computer fixed :( Nothing worse than having a crap computer that just craps out on you.

I can understand what you mean, but regardless of what's already been laid out, you should still give your insight. Otherwise, you're going to be targeted as potential mafia. If you lay low and only bandwagon without contributing, people will easily become suspicious of you. It's what happens.

I don't quite understand where these accusations against Keeseman are coming from, but I think, like JJ, it's because of his aggressive posting style. But honestly, who knows?

Are you implying that Keeseman has a special role? How would you even know that? Do YOU know something WE don't? God, I'm so confused......

Oh, btw, I already told Axle but my comp isn't in the best condition. If I suddenly go inactive, it's because my comp broke.

Well, yeah, I'm implying he's Mafia. And I'm also saying since he's so adamant about hearing defenses from these two specific people, I feel that he might know they're town affiliated, but also that they know who some of the mafia are.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Timeless said:
Well, yeah, I'm implying he's Mafia. And I'm also saying since he's so adamant about hearing defenses from these two specific people, I feel that he might know they're town affiliated, but also that they know who some of the mafia are.

Because everyone's wondering why I'm being more aggressive, here it goes:

This game isn't going anywhere very quickly.

Now that Rainy's dead, we're kinda stumbling about for leads. But we have no strong ones.

By being aggressive, I can get people to talk more. I can look at how they're reacting and infer from their posts.

That's why I wanted to hear from JJ and RB; I had nothing to go off of for them. I don't know if they even remember this game exists, though, so wasting time voting for them wouldn't get us anywhere.

So let's put some pressure into some sensible place:

Vote: Timeless

Timeless, your reasoning for drawing attention to me is very weak. In fact, I can't really see any reasoning. I know that they know something? How does that make me scum? There's absolutely no logic to this.

The only way that JJ or RB could have "certain information" that others don't would be if they were Mafia themselves. The Cop is already dead, and the Doctor can't get much more information than the rest of us can. If they knew something the rest of us didn't, that would make them scum.

Unless the phrase "certain information" means something completely different than what I read it as, your argument makes little sense at all.

Also notice how he's "implying" that I'm mafia, but hasn't voted for me. He probably won't until someone else - for example, Atticus, who he happens to be trying to convince - votes for me first.

EBWODP: With that, I head to bed. Good night, all. Hopefully something has progressed by the time I'm back online.

Mido

Version 1
Well, since people seem to have been wondering about Regal and JJ, since they seem to have the biggest prices on their heads, here's the leads I found:

Vote: TheMasterSword

Seems like a 'copout'

Cop humor.

Regal's posts have mainly been bandwagon contributions, and otherwise, have been rather odd or random. I picked out this post as an example of both things. I'm probably overanalyzing this post, but it almost seems as if he knew TMS was the cop already, something that wouldn't be known by just anyone, but it looks like it was more of a joke anyhow.

You've sealed the deal with this. An innocent person would spill his or her guts upon inevitable lynching to give as much information possible to the town in the future. This is a pretty clear (and insanely poor) way of trying to make us double think ourselves for no reason other than "maybe he's not scum". Time to put this to rest.

Vote: TheMasterSword

People left and right have been battering JJ on the grounds that his post have been non-contributive. TMS himself had called JJ out on this. Now I find this post to be rather odd, only because it is devoid of evidence, and is only based on the grounds of TMS's last statements before his eventual lynch. It looks as if JJ was trying to cover his tracks when TMS was on his trail. Whatever the case may be, I think his reasoning may be off because from what I observed from other games, it tends to be the members of the Mafia who will spill their guts out to prevent their own lynch from occurring. With this,

Fos: JuicieJ

I am curious of what his reasoning is for this kind of behavior is.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Timeless, your reasoning for drawing attention to me is very weak. In fact, I can't really see any reasoning. I know that they know something? How does that make me scum? There's absolutely no logic to this.

The only way that JJ or RB could have "certain information" that others don't would be if they were Mafia themselves. The Cop is already dead, and the Doctor can't get much more information than the rest of us can. If they knew something the rest of us didn't, that would make them scum.

Unless the phrase "certain information" means something completely different than what I read it as, your argument makes little sense at all.

Also notice how he's "implying" that I'm mafia, but hasn't voted for me. He probably won't until someone else - for example, Atticus, who he happens to be trying to convince - votes for me first.

EBWODP: With that, I head to bed. Good night, all. Hopefully something has progressed by the time I'm back online.
I think you make some good points against Timeless, but I don't think it's very fair to call him out on not voting for you. In fact, I think it's a bit strange you'd even bring that up. I know that I personally won't vote for anyone unless I'm FAIRLY certain they're not Townie, so I don't think it's a good argument when Timeless is possibly just looking out for the Town. Voting for someone you happen to be suspicious of isn't going to help anyone if they're NOT Mafia. In fact, if he really WAS Mafia, wouldn't that mean he would WANT to vote for you, to get you out of the way if you're actually Town?

Maybe I'm thinking about this too much, but it almost seems to me like you're trying to pressure him into voting for you so that he appears more aggressive as well.

As for your other points...
What I meant with my statement was that you said that the game would get boring if you didn't hear some sort of defense. That could imply that you know that they know something that the rest of us don't

FOS: Keeseman

EBWODP: *added onto end of last sentence* thus meaning you want to lynch them.
I agree that this sounds like a rather poor argument. What I don't understand is how they'd have any kind of special information unless, like Keeseman said, they're Mafia. Unfortunately, our cop is dead, so we don't have anyone left that can check for roles. Only the Doctor is left, and they don't know the roles of the people they're protecting.

I will admit my arguing hasn't been the most sound, but exactly what Keeseman said: we're stumbling around for leads to go off of. And I'm not about to go random voting to get things going again, as I'd be making a really stupid mistake. So the only thing I could possibly do is try to pick out who might be scum, based on the info we had, and it happened that Keeseman seemed scummiest to me, for reasons stated above, and his aggressiveness.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Voting for someone you happen to be suspicious of isn't going to help anyone if they're NOT Mafia. In fact, if he really WAS Mafia, wouldn't that mean he would WANT to vote for you, to get you out of the way if you're actually Town?

I think you're onto something here, but I'm not quite sure what. I keep overlooking posts and Keeseman seems slightly suspicious, but then again, Timeless keeps making extremely poor counter-arguments. I'm very lost at this point, and it seems that almost everybody has the same chance of being mafia.

RB is most likely not going to log in for quite a while, and he just keeps becoming more and more suspicious.

JJ's most likely going to forget this game and try to pull the "I forgot this was going on" excuse.

Keeseman, Mido, and Timeless have me confused on who they're pointing they're fingers towards.

Heroine's being cautious with her voting and evidence.

Rachel's being somewhat inactive.

Dr3w is being slightly suspicious, but no one's fully sure what he may or may not be hiding.

It's very confusing, and if anyone has anything, no matter how ridiculous it may be, PLEASE bring it forward!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Speaking of JJ... Imma go beat him because he hasnt posted on here in A LONG time:dry:

Out to get me again, are you? You should probably pay a bit more attention, as I posted not too long ago.

It looks as if JJ was trying to cover his tracks when TMS was on his trail.

Exactly what "trail" are you talking about?

JJ's most likely going to forget this game and try to pull the "I forgot this was going on" excuse.

Call it what you want, this game was dead forever, so I legitimately DID forget about it. I'm back in, though, so expect activity from me.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Out to get me again, are you? You should probably pay a bit more attention, as I posted not too long ago.

Despite popular belief, not everyone is out to get you and your extreme paranoia is unsettling. I hammered Axle about the game often to try and get this back and running so that people wouldnt forget.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
There's no paranoia involved. It's that (I'm pretty sure literally) every post of yours involving me has been an accusation of some kind.

How was that accusing? I just said I was gonna beat you to get you back in the game. Then youre like "out to get me again I see" Its easier for me to hunt down YOU than the other inactives so Im trying to do my part in keeping people playing.

Rachel

be vigitant
Atticus is right in that we don't have much to go on. Timeless's argument seems confusing to me, but I guess it's understandable because of how little there is to go off of at this point. I'd really like to hear more from Timeless and Keeseman, particularly Keeseman because he voted for Timeless.

Alright, so I still haven't seen anything from him, and this to me says either inactive, or Scum.

VOTE: RegalBryant

I will unvote if I get a good reason from him. But until I see something...

As such, I'm going to have to agree with Rishian about RegalBryant. I've read through several times and can't really come up with anything that hasn't already been brought up or isn't relevant evidence anymore.

EBWODP: By agreeing with Rishian, I mean I'll put a vote on RB if we have nothing else to go off of when the day comes close to ending - I agree with Keeseman that it's not really helpful voting for RB right now. If needed, I'm sure we can ask for an extension.

Just to clarify.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Rachel said:
I'd really like to hear more from Timeless and Keeseman, particularly Keeseman because he voted for Timeless.

You guys seem to be confused about why I voted for Timeless. This is what I said previously:

Keeseman said:
So let's put some pressure into some sensible place:

Vote: Timeless

I said "pressure", not "lynching".

I'm not trying to lynch Timeless; I want to put pressure on him in order to hear more from him, to hear his defense. Because our cop is dead, this is pretty much the only way we can get any leads.

Heroine said:
In fact, if he really WAS Mafia, wouldn't that mean he would WANT to vote for you, to get you out of the way if you're actually Town?

No. I'm saying that he would want to get the town on his side before he voted for me, so it would look as if he was just going with the town. Also, he would want other townies to come up with better arguments for lynching me, as his own is currently terrible.

So I say put the pressure on. But not the lynch. That's the only way the town is going to get anywhere in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom