• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 2 - Windfall Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I know I'm probably going to be lynched for this, but I refuse to Role/name claim ever. I would say that you could see this from my past mafia games... but I haven't really been asked to in the previous/ongoing games I've played here. For me, it just takes the fun out of the game, so no. I'm perfectly fine with using role/ name claims others have given as evidence, but they definitely aren't always true. I prefer to use slip-ups and inconsistencies from other things, rather than just saying "yo, I'm the cop." So yeah, no name claim from me.

EBWODP: Also, Green Goron and TheGreen have not role/name claimed either, and neither have you. This vote isn't for that, but because of inactivity and just plain not helping the town, Vote: TheGreen

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Green Goron got the win con word for word (according to Viral... I think). I role/name claimed already. And TheGreen got the win con, but not word for word.

Well, I was about to go search for your name claim, when I noticed the bolded part. If you need to say that he got the wincon right according to someone else, you obviously don't have the same wincon.

Unvote
Vote: TreeHuggerPanda

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Well, I was about to go search for your name claim, when I noticed the bolded part. If you need to say that he got the wincon right according to someone else, you obviously don't have the same wincon.

I only said according to Viral because I'm not "completely cleared." Viral's a proven townie and he was the one who tested Green Goron. I wasn't even a part of the conversation of getting the win con and name claim/role claim color right. I like to give credit to the rightful owners anyway...

If you want the win con, then I can give it to you, but it won't help my case or change your thinking as the win con was already posted.

Tally:
MikauIncarnate - 1 (Pocket Asian)
TreeHuggerPanda -1 (MikauIncarnate)

Yet to Vote: Meego7, Illmatic, green goron, TreeHuggerPanda, TheGreen, Celeboy

Takes 5 to majority lynch

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Fair enough but I already name claimed and nobody counter claimed. I also passed the wincon test. So I'd think twice before considering me to be mafia.

Whether you're town or mafia noone would counter claim you if Bay gave you fake claims. Raindrop and Gonzo claimed and they were both scum.

I know I'm probably going to be lynched for this, but I refuse to Role/name claim ever. I would say that you could see this from my past mafia games... but I haven't really been asked to in the previous/ongoing games I've played here. For me, it just takes the fun out of the game, so no. I'm perfectly fine with using role/ name claims others have given as evidence, but they definitely aren't always true. I prefer to use slip-ups and inconsistencies from other things, rather than just saying "yo, I'm the cop." So yeah, no name claim from me.

EBWODP: Also, Green Goron and TheGreen have not role/name claimed either, and neither have you. This vote isn't for that, but because of inactivity and just plain not helping the town, Vote: TheGreen

I don't really consider this that scummy since scum have fake nameclaims but it still is suspicious

Meego isn't on my town list anymore, just letting you guys know. So far I'm 100% on Pocket and Celeboy only. Everyone else who passed the colour tests and wincon is expendable, especially Meego since I have more reason to believe TheGreen and Green Goron are town, than I do to believe Meego is town (look back at today's votes and FoSs). THP is the only exception. I'm quite sure she's town.

I think this is what Viral was getting at about Meego's votes and FoS's. Here are her posts from yesterday:

Hmm. Well I suppose that makes me suspect illmatic a bit less. Good job on the doctor's part! Gonzo needs to come in and post along with some others, then I think we can figure out who's scum a bit easier.

First she says she suspects me a bit less

I'm not too sure about this. He was in fact defending DekuShroom at one point, then he flip flopped about with suspicions but DS still came out as a townie. I stilll think illmatic is very suspicious, though. But he doesn't quite get my vote yet.

FoS: illmatic

Then, right after Gonzo votes for me, she FoS'es me. Mafia buddies trying to start a bandwagon?

Vote: TheGreen

He is almost completely inactive so I think he could be scum avoiding the game. Also, not posting isn't exactly helping the town either.

Then she ended up voting for TheGreen. Someone who knew the wincon and is pretty likely to be town.

Did you not read the posts? When he was testing me to see if I was town it was completely obvious. Otherwise he wouldn't have understood the wincon test, and it was pretty clear that he was townie. And also why would I defend someone who is town if I was mafia? I would want him dead. And that also doesn't mean I am the doctor. Think again my friend.

The oldest trick in the book for scum is to defend somebody they know to be innocent, so when they flip town they appear to be innocent.

Fair enough but I already name claimed and nobody counter claimed.

Raindrop name claimed Gillian. No one counter claimed and she flipped scum.
Gonzo name claimed Garrickson. No one counter claimed and he flipped scum.

So you could very easily be mafia. It's pretty obvious at this point that the mafia were given fake "safe" name claims by Bay, so the fact that you claimed and nobody counter claimed doesn't mean anything.

Meego7 said:
I also passed the wincon test. So I'd think twice before considering me to be mafia.

TheGreen also passed the wincon test, yet you voted for him yesterday.

^ can you protect someone twice in a row? Anyway, wasn't Virals last wish to mass role claim? We should do this to narrow down the remaining scum, because then we can find the anomolies in the names and get tis done in a couple of mafia days!

No, Viral said we should mass claim when and if the doctor dies, or if there are a few people left with 1 scum. Mass claiming now would be a bad idea, because we have to protect our doctor. If the mafia finds our doctor, our chances of winning go down the drain.

Name claim?:hmm:

Pocket Asian (claimed survivor and Gossack)
Meego7 (claimed Lenzo, got color test right)
Illmatic (Has not name or role claimed)
green goron (Got win con right but has not name or role claimed)
TheGreen (Got win con right for the most part but has not name or role claimed)
MikauIncarnate (Has not name or role claimed)
Celeboy (claimed or zelda_8 implied Linda and passed the color test)

Celeboy and Pocky are the only ones who I'm 100% sure that they're innocent. Meego's leaning town for me and so is green goron and TheGreen.

That leaves Mikau and Illmatic who haven't really role claimed or name claimed. (Unless illmatic was hinting at his/her character name) At least name claim now...

If we all name claim it will give the mafia a better idea of who the doctor is. I don't think it's a good idea for us all to claim, at least not yet.

So are you voting for TheGreen because you think he is scum or do you think he is just unhelpful town?

FoS: Meego7

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I think this is what Viral was getting at about Meego's votes and FoS's. Here are her posts from yesterday:

First she says she suspects me a bit less

Then, right after Gonzo votes for me, she FoS'es me. Mafia buddies trying to start a bandwagon?

Then she ended up voting for TheGreen. Someone who knew the wincon and is pretty likely to be town.

The oldest trick in the book for scum is to defend somebody they know to be innocent, so when they flip town they appear to be innocent.

Raindrop name claimed Gillian. No one counter claimed and she flipped scum.
Gonzo name claimed Garrickson. No one counter claimed and he flipped scum.

So you could very easily be mafia. It's pretty obvious at this point that the mafia were given fake "safe" name claims by Bay, so the fact that you claimed and nobody counter claimed doesn't mean anything.

TheGreen also passed the wincon test, yet you voted for him yesterday.

FoS: Meego7

My bad, I didn't even see him pass the wincon, sorry about that. Also, his inactiveness isn't helping. And yeah, I was on the fence about my suspicions with you, illmatic. I said I suspected you a bit less, that didn't mean my suspicions had completely cleared. I'm still watching you, even though I think you're probably town.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
So are you voting for TheGreen because you think he is scum or do you think he is just unhelpful town?

Whether he's scum or town he's still unhelpful. He could be scum, I feel like it's definitely possible because he's barely meeting the minimum post count, but I'm still not sure.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
If we all name claim it will give the mafia a better idea of who the doctor is. I don't think it's a good idea for us all to claim, at least not yet.

If we don't lynch scum today, we're all dead. Plus we're at a 1:3 scum to townie (and third party) ratio right now... it'll go down to 1:2 scum to townie ratio including the two deaths of townies. It's relatively game over.

Whether he's scum or town he's still unhelpful. He could be scum, I feel like it's definitely possible because he's barely meeting the minimum post count, but I'm still not sure.

You're implying that you want lynch an unhelpful townie? To me, TheGreen seems more townie than scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom