• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

B/W and 5th Generation Thoughts?

S

skullkid875

The games weren't nearly as fun as heartgold and soulsilver in my opinion, and a lot of the pokemon are wierd looking. I do like the games, they're just not my favorite. The song in Iccirus city is my favorite song out of all the games ever made though.

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
The Pokemon weren't nearly as vibrant, creative, and natural as the others were, also there wasn't a feeling of adventure. The story seemed more based on a conflict of opinion rather than a new adventure like the others. Pokemon is supposed to be all about adventure, so without that factor Black and White became less than ideal games for the countless consumers. It also wasn't much of a challenge, and they lacked any interesting, long-lasting activities after the main story. The only extras were a few legendaries, the three other towns, and the capturing of the six sages. I admit that there was one interesting factor. The Abyssal Ruins was filled with ancient mystery, and it had an adventurous feeling every time I found an item or read the ancient texts. Other than that Pokemon Black and White also got rid of a few great things, such as the Pokemon walking behind you. This was perhaps one of the best ideas of all time. Watching my Pokemon follow me everywhere I went was a wonderful, new, and somewhat bonding experience. I hoped Nintendo would make this a fundamental for future Pokemon games, however to my dismay, it was exclusive to HeartGold and SoulSilver (Yellow if you count Pikachu). Overall I would give Black and White a low rating due to the lack of challenges, lack of new ideas, lack of activities to keep the gamer interested, lack of well thought out Pokemon designs, and it didn't have interesting lore like the other games. There are a few things, such as the Kami trio, the Musketeers, and of course the two heroes and the supposed split dragon, however that's nothing compared to the in-depth myths displayed in past generations, most notably the Sinnoh region.

Don't misinterpret my last post. I enjoyed the games none the less, however I only feel that they are inferior to the other main series games.

Last edited:

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
I thought B/W had some good and bad pokémon design, awesome type combinations and a great atmoshere, story and villains. Graphics were ok (love the player sprite, way better than previous ones) and the soundtrack was gorgeous: from the happy go lucky rival battle theme (way to much rival battles by the way) to the epic victory road theme with the music getting more epic as you advance through the badge check gates. Elite four and gym leaders were a bit easy compared to previous installments and the Triple/ rotation battles were annoying as hell. Overall one of my fav games in the series

The Pokemon weren't nearly as vibrant, creative, and natural as the others were, also there wasn't a feeling of adventure. The story seemed more based on a conflict of opinion rather than a new adventure like the others. Pokemon is supposed to be all about adventure, so without that factor Black and White became less than ideal games for the countless consumers. It also wasn't much of a challenge, and they lacked any interesting, long-lasting activities after the main story. The only extras were a few legendaries, the three other towns, and the capturing of the six sages. I admit that there was one interesting factor. The Abyssal Ruins was filled with ancient mystery, and it had an adventurous feeling every time I found an item or read the ancient texts. Other than that Pokemon Black and White also got rid of a few great things, such as the Pokemon walking behind you. This was perhaps one of the best ideas of all time. Watching my Pokemon follow me everywhere I went was a wonderful, new, and somewhat bonding experience. I hoped Nintendo would make this a fundamental for future Pokemon games, however to my dismay, it was exclusive to HeartGold and SoulSilver (Yellow if you count Pikachu). Overall I would give Black and White a low rating due to the lack of challenges, lack of new ideas, lack of activities to keep the gamer interested, lack of well thought out Pokemon designs, and it didn't have interesting lore like the other games. There are a few things, such as the Kami trio, the Musketeers, and of course the two heroes and the supposed split dragon, however that's nothing compared to the in-depth myths displayed in past generations, most notably the Sinnoh region.

Don't misinterpret my last post. I enjoyed the games none the less, however I only feel that they are inferior to the other main series games.

Thats how I felt, but I wasn't positive as I only played a little on my friends, so I wanted to see if it was better than some of the others.... I'll probably end up buying it but not until the price goes down :P

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
The new Pokemon were a disappointment but I really enjoyed the story in Black and White. Also there are more version differences (Legendary, white forest/black city, opelucid city etc.) and the Unova region is pretty cool. I enjoyed the new battle system and the music in Black and White is just as awesome as previous versions. However, I don't like the Pokemon Musical and feel they should have stayed with the contests from RSE. I also miss the battle frontier, The battle Subway just isn't the same...

Black and White 2 should add to the story which would be great because the story is the most in-depth of all of the games. I am really excited to learn more about B/W2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom