• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avoiding News?

Nintendo has started to release a lot information about skyward sword recently, but are you reading it?

When Ocarina of Time 3d came out I watched as little gameplay video's as possible so the graphics would blow me away and not make me think, yeah I know this is what the graphics look like, I saw it a week ago on ZeldaDungeon. And i'm doing the same with skyward sword. I've been watching the trailers and rewind trailers but info about the story etc. Ive been trying to avoid as I want to find that out as I progress through the game.

I only post this to see if anyone elso does the same or similar?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I was going to do this, but then my curiosity got the best of me, and now I read every single bit of news on Skyward Sword. I just couldn't live knowing that there was info about the game that I wasn't reading.

I've attempted to avoid news and information about Skyward Sword (didn't work, obviously), because that's what kinda screwed up Twilight Princess for me. I would connect every little tidbit of info from any source. A week or two before the game was released I knew almost every item and equipment Link would have, and a LARGE chunk of the story was spoiled for me. Since I knew most of the items already, there was no fun learning curve to each one, you know? Also, most of the story I found out made everything bland and predictable; there was no fresh, new experience. Seriously, when Ganondorf was revealed, I was like, "Meh, I knew it!"

(Also, on an off-topic note: Because of "news binge", I figured out the entire plot to Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep months before it was released in Japan!)

At some point, perhaps when there's a solid release date for Skyward Sword, I will stop gathering every tidbit of info, as to avoid yet another scenario like the one mentioned above. :yes:

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I am also avoiding the Story news, when I do get spoiled I get really mad and try to not think about what I read so I can hope I can forget it lol.

ehh....I wasn't spoiled at all for TP, and that didn't make my opinion about it very different from everyone else. It's Nintendo work to make the game surprising (the weakest point in Zelda games) and not spoiling the eventual twists and big surprises about the game.

Most of the things we are speculating on the boards are things that will be unveiled at the first hour of gameplay.

DarkHylian

Sage of Darkness
Nah, I can't help but want to know more about the game. Of course, when its actually released then I might cut myself off from more spoilers because then you'll know everything. But right now I... must know... >.<

i'm avoiding spoilers, interviews and anything and everything that might ruin my game experience AT ALL COST!!!
i've just been seeing the e3 demos, new commercials, google-ing for the release date

I don't know about you but I absolutely love surprises and plot twists especially when they're fresh and new
(I had gotten dissapointed when they leaked that Phi was part of the sword)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I like to read every bit of news I can find as soon as it is available and I also like to see different sites interpretations of the news also. Even by doing this Zelda games never turn out like you would expect and I like it when I have formed an idea of what I think is going to happen before a game and then when I actually get and play it, the story turns out completely different to what I would have expected.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I try to avoid gameplay videos because I want the controls to make me rage at the game, so that I'll get the feeling that it is hard when really it's my own ineptitude laughing at me. I read the story tidbits because...well, I like stories. And I want to know more about Zelda and Ghirahim and the rest of the cast, just for the sake of knowing them I suppose./

L

leftyrock91

Yeah once a release date is announced, I will stop(or try to stop) looking at spoilers.

IHNo

The Other Side
I've been all over every bit of Skyward Sword news I can find so I can make predictions about the game.

^ That's me. Right there. It's like I'm addicted to it or something. Even if I wasn't busy trying to think up predictions to make myself feel smarter, I'd read everything about Skyward Sword anyways.

I suck at denying spoilers. They call to me, I swear.

L

Linkmeister

I try not to divulge in to much news but i cant help myself sometimes lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom