• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Hmm but how much different am I in any other game?

I'll admit I haven't done much scumhunting. I don't think there's much to be done ss all of the discussion has been about a 30 second bandwagon on day 1. Knowing pats alignment would be telling, but at the same time it's hard to get a good enough read to justify a lynch (other than one just so we have /some/ info after day 1.. and a lynch requires 6 votes) because I don't think he's said very much other than "I'm not scum" something something.

LD is playing very true to his meta, he always confuses me lol but I don't see anything weird about him. Legends is new so I can't really get a read. Seems like she is just trying to scumhunt as a newbie. Johnny has done nothing suspicious. Mido was only the 2nd person on the wagon. I don't see why there necessarily has to be some on a wagon that didn't even end in a lynch.

I do hope I am not a vig target. If you want to investigate me whoever the cop is that's fine but as one of the top posters in the game thus far in terms of quantity I would really appreciate me not being a n1 vig target lol. At least allow me to scum hunt for a day or two.

Now here is a post I like. You're leaning a bit townie for me now. I can post why later if you care enough.

Unvote pressure

I doubt you;d be vigged N1 this game, anyway.

This still leaves us with a fast approaching deadline however.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Would you like to clarify this vote? I understand it is no random vote, so I would appreciate some clarification.
I feel like Koki and Gummy clarified it for me. You having no suspicions at all and not even attempting to scum hunt comes off as very odd to me. I know it's just day one, but after all this discussion, relying on RVS is the opposite of counter productive, not to mention, suspicious. You seem to be either way too cautious, or just lazy.

I voted to see if there were any reactions. Since the goal is to reach majority, I'm now going to
Unvote: Pendio

@Linkdude74 , do you not find Pendio's claims, odd? Or do you support his idea?

Yeah, that's kind of the point though - the guy doesn't really interact, he just parrots what others say and then lays a vote down based on the hottest target at the moment. It was nice to have him in endgame during TF2 because his vote is easily manipulated, but the inverse is true this time - town won that game rather convincingly, but the mafia could easily turn the tables and do the same with him in this one.

He also won't be a prime mafia target either, because I'm sure the mafia knows that his allegiance will remain ambiguous throughout the game and that he's not someone who could do any true damage against them from an analysis viewpoint. I'd like to get an element like that out of the game somewhat quickly.
I understand that he's very unhelpful and needs to be out asap. I completely support that. But isn't the whole point of lynching someone on Day 1, getting any sort of reads? Because tomorrow we might be just as stranded if we lynch Malon. I'd honestly rather lynch someone else day one, and have the vig nk Malon. There should be a vig in this game, considering how it's both role madness and there's 20 players. If there isn't, we can lynch him day 2 or 3 when we have more space and information isn't as crucial. Just like you do, I still want Malon gone. So I'm not completely against his lynch, and if people want him gone, I'll support it. But I'll put others before because their deaths can give more information.

Regardless, my willingness to lynch lies with three people today, being Jamie, Malon, and Linkdude. I'd like to know if anyone else can get behind a lynch of either of those three so that we can avoid a no lynch today.
To me, the order I'm willing to support a lynch is Linkdude, Malon, and then Jamie.

Yes, I know and I 100% agree that really great points are being brought up against Jamie. His reaction does seem pressured and rash. I wish I actually played a game with him so I can tell his intentions more easily, but Johnny who's played with Jamie is saying that this is just how he acts, and from the bits and pieces I've seen, I'm willing to believe that. Linkdude trying so hard to get the attention away from him and towards Jamie, is also something I'm keeping in mind. I know it's natural behaviour to want to live. But at the same time it seems like there's a slight correlation between his posts and Viral's posts. The timing between the two and the way Viral pushes Linkdude's evidence aside and focuses on Jamie's is a bit off putting. I find Linkdude's evidence to be stronger than Jamie's but then again, that's my view on things. Jamie seems to just not care about day one - a stance I think he's had for many games. While Linkdude's posts indicate he's lying on purpose, and trying to look good to the town.

Both seem like good candidates for a lynch, because Jamie could as easily be bluffing and flip scum. But based on what we have right now, I think Linkdude's evidence is stronger. If I step back, it's kind of Linkdude vs Jamie. I feel like if both were town and one had to be lynched, Jamie would be a more valuable asset to the town. Of course, if Linkdude flips town, I'll be willing to watch Jamie much more closely.

I know my thoughts seem unorganized. I probably won't be posting much tomorrow. I have 2 big tests and need to review. So I'm trying to put all my thoughts here right now. But I will pop in here and there so see how it's going, and I'll vote for whichever of the 3 are closest to majority.

Since we might as well get started on people seeing who they find most suspicious out of the three,

Vote: Linkdude74

Now, time to study.

Pen

The game is on!
how about we lynch malon :)

I could support such a lynch, unless something happens that changes my mind of course. I would do it to ensure that a lynch goes through. I would do the same for a Jamie lynch, a Linkdude lynch or a PatCat lynch too. Just naming those as examples since they seem rather hot right now too.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
I really don't like Malon's response to my post. He seems to just want to sit it out and not participate. This isn't good even if he is town. I would say to lynch him, but I think what has been said about lynching him before being unlikely to help us I'd he is town seems correct. But then again I wonder if it could really hurt that much...
Vote: Malon

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I prefer to lurk until I come to a conclusion so people will not pester me and so I do not appear to be a threat to the mafia.

Wut.

So counter productive. People have asked you to share your suspicions and you just don't care cause you don't want to be bothered. This is what scum looks for. They kill these kind of players to keep us guessing. I will absolutely support a policy lynch on a player that decides to play counter productive to town interests. I consider that lurking and not actively contributing.

Anyone think my reasoning is wrong?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Johnny has got a point. Malon could be vig'd but on the other hand, due to his lack of contributions, he is also a prime target for mafia tonight if he happens to be town. In my experience, mafia often leaves the town with as little information as possible. Either we lynch Malon today or he dies tonight, by possibly anyone's hand.

@Malon what do you have to say for yourself? Have you no will to live? Do you even want to play? I'm having a lot of trouble understanding the way you "play." Not saying anything isn't helpful to anyone.

Are you being pestered yet? :) :) :) :) :)

I could support such a lynch, unless something happens that changes my mind of course. I would do it to ensure that a lynch goes through. I would do the same for a Jamie lynch, a Linkdude lynch or a PatCat lynch too. Just naming those as examples since they seem rather hot right now too.
so....... you only want them to happen because they're popular?

What this says to me is "I can't be bothered to talk about some valid points that have been brought up so let's just go with a popular opinion :uwu:" which is not a helpful POV.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Sry for the inactivity today guys, I had a crazy amount of stuff going on. I'm going to be busy Thursday and Friday as well, but I'll try to make time for the mafia game :) Anyway...

@Malon, you really do need to post, and if you're inactive, you need a valid reason. "I prefer to lurk until I come to a conclusion so people will not pester me and so I do not appear to be a threat to the mafia," isn't useful to town in the slightest.

That said though, I think this is more of a rookie town mistake than anything else. At this early in the game, we don't have any legit leads, so I'm gonna go for a policy lynch.

well the first quote is why he was keeping his vote on patcat, and then looking at his next post after patcat explained what he meant, you'd think understanding what patcat was saying could warrant an unvote but idk. Jamie still voting Patcat is odd to me.

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from and because of that my suspicions on you have lessened. I still am unsure about your reasons for voting for PatCat. Meaning that they seem to contradict each other as I stated in one of my previous posts.

In regards to who to lynch tonight, I'm down for Malon for the reason of lack of active participation, especially since Linkdude74 is being more productive.

I understand that he's very unhelpful and needs to be out asap. I completely support that. But isn't the whole point of lynching someone on Day 1, getting any sort of reads? Because tomorrow we might be just as stranded if we lynch Malon. I'd honestly rather lynch someone else day one, and have the vig nk Malon. There should be a vig in this game, considering how it's both role madness and there's 20 players. If there isn't, we can lynch him day 2 or 3 when we have more space and information isn't as crucial. Just like you do, I still want Malon gone. So I'm not completely against his lynch, and if people want him gone, I'll support it. But I'll put others before because their deaths can give more information.

Honestly, my only priority on day one is making sure we don't sit on our hands and do nothing. Someone's head has to roll, so I don't think the highest priority point of day one should be go after who's most "suspicious". It's day one, pretty much no one has the same lynch candidates in mind, and it will be very difficult to get any sort of uniformity because of that. If Malon is the only way for us to agree to get someone to roll over.... I'm definitely not going to contest that.

I'm not opposed to a policy lynch because I think that, regardless of who we kill, this has been the most spectacular day one I've ever been a part of due to the activity and the amount of serious thought going on. I think this is going to be a great game because of it.

As for asking the Vigilante to do it..... I'm not fan of trying to boss Vigs around. I get slightly annoyed whenever people chastise/overly suggest things to them, because it's a very difficult role to use and asking them to put faith in people they can't even know they can trust makes it that much more difficult. This may be due to the Vigilante in the first game I modded on this site telling me how stressed out the game made her and how she actually got legitimately upset when she couldn't hit scum (town lost that game rather convincingly). Either way, I would just ask the Vigilante to trust their gut and make sure they consider everything on the table.

Both seem like good candidates for a lynch, because Jamie could as easily be bluffing and flip scum. But based on what we have right now, I think Linkdude's evidence is stronger. If I step back, it's kind of Linkdude vs Jamie. I feel like if both were town and one had to be lynched, Jamie would be a more valuable asset to the town. Of course, if Linkdude flips town, I'll be willing to watch Jamie much more closely.

I know my thoughts seem unorganized. I probably won't be posting much tomorrow. I have 2 big tests and need to review. So I'm trying to put all my thoughts here right now. But I will pop in here and there so see how it's going, and I'll vote for whichever of the 3 are closest to majority.

Since we might as well get started on people seeing who they find most suspicious out of the three,

Vote: Linkdude74

Now, time to study.

If I thought we could do it, I'd go the exact same direction as you and vote for Linkdude. However, with the needed votes already on Malon, it looks like that'll be a conversation for another day. It's something I'll be keeping in mind from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom