• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Avengers Mafia: Attack of the Cosmic Invaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
@Eduarda
Nobody really stands out as possibly being scum to me at this point. Day one makes it really hard and I'm not experienced enough to really tell the difference between playstyle and scuminess.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I unvoted and left the RVS earlier today because I thought the game had moved onto a more serious stage, but day 1 will always just be day 1. At least that is how I see it. I realize now that no matter how serious we try to make this day, there is only so much to base things on. All I really see is straw grasping at this point. Personally I think that resorting to the good old RVS is the best we can do. This is just the first day of a pretty big game after all. Feel free to disagree with me if you want.

Vote: Frozen Chosen

And RVS is better than straw grasping? We have 10 pages of activity to work with. Lynching with even a little but of backing seems more reasonable. Is your scumbud in one of the three Vergo and I were discussing to lynch?

On that topic, I'd like to know if everyone is OK with that short list. Malon, Link dude, and PatCat. No one else chimed in.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
@Eduarda
Nobody really stands out as possibly being scum to me at this point. Day one makes it really hard and I'm not experienced enough to really tell the difference between playstyle and scuminess.
don't be ridiculous. I bet you've played twice the amount of games I have. Experience is such a silly word.

No one knows who is scum at day 1. Anyone who claims to know is a fool.

Today is the last day right? I've been learning for an exam at Friday for the last few days, so I'll read back most of the thread when I find a little spot of time.
I'm not in favour of no lynch, for obvious reasons. Today will probably be a day where we lynch someone with ample evidence, but that's okay because it is better than no evidence at all and will provide us with evidence for the future days. I haven't made up my mind yet which person I want this to be, but I'll come back to that

kokirion

And RVS is better than straw grasping? We have 10 pages of activity to work with. Lynching with even a little but of backing seems more reasonable. Is your scumbud in one of the three Vergo and I were discussing to lynch?

On that topic, I'd like to know if everyone is OK with that short list. Malon, Link dude, and PatCat. No one else chimed in.
I agree with you that seriously RVS' ing someone when we at least have a tiny bit of evidence is silly. Actually, I think that's a somewhat scummy proposal. Almost never does mafia succesfully get RVS'd. It is so easy to manipulate RVS, if someone still has a bandwagon against him/her at the end of the day this is almost always a town tell. When we lynch someone based on only little evidence, it's almost just as random as an RVS, but we do catch the mafia of guard may this target truly be scum.

Pen

The game is on!
And RVS is better than straw grasping? We have 10 pages of activity to work with. Lynching with even a little but of backing seems more reasonable.

On day one, or really whenever there is nothing at all to do, I think RVS is a fair resort. Especially in games as big as this one. I do not mind that other people are grasping at whatever straws they can find at this point, but I for one cannot do that. Not on day one, because I see nothing at all to go on. You and Kirion both speak of small amounts of evidence. I am sorry, but I do not see any amounts of evidence at all.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I agree with you that seriously RVS' ing someone when we at least have a tiny bit of evidence is silly. Actually, I think that's a somewhat scummy proposal. Almost never does mafia succesfully get RVS'd. It is so easy to manipulate RVS, if someone still has a bandwagon against him/her at the end of the day this is almost always a town tell. When we lynch someone based on only little evidence, it's almost just as random as an RVS, but we do catch the mafia of guard may this target truly be scum.
But who do we trust to role the RNG?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Well Pendio im just saying that i am watching you this game to better understand your play stylr

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
what is RNG
I was referring to the whole "use a random number generator to choose a Day 1 lynchee" thing.
I was wrong then, so as of my last post
Plz ignore thx
rereading now I see that your post is just saying find at least a little reasoning because RVS doesn't tend to work

Also Storm, you can watch someone without FoSing them. FoS means that you have suspicion on them. Watching just means that - you're watching.

kokirion

I think DekuNut meant the random.org thing I brought up

Vote: Pendio
oh, okay.
No that's silly.
To be honest, I don't mind that, but I'll be blunt, I trust absolutely no one. So except for if I would be the one to roll the dice I'm not in. But in that case, 1) why do would all of you trust me and 2) if you all think I am randomising it, why would I? I would just come forward with the person I think is most scummy and tell all of you that this was the random target.

Regardless of what strategy we choose, I will bring forward the person I think is most scummy. So we could just as well stick with that strategy, and all pool our suspicions into a basket and discuss them. Perhaps something more interesting may come out of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom