• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Assassin's Creed III Debut Trailer

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
It definitely seems like it's verging on being Red Dead Redemption Assassin... and yet I'm perfectly okay with this :L

Yay, tree climbing! I'm still curious how they're gonna pull that off though, without it looking completely linear... but eh, they managed it with buildings, and some of the ones in the original AC were pretty irregular in placement of footholds. It didn't show it... but possibly they might go Prince of Persia on it, acting like the trees are columns and allowing you to shimmy up them until you reach some branches? Eh, who knows. It looks fun all the same.

I actually like this trailer better than the one for Revelations, 'cos it gives you more of a glimpse of what the game will actually play like... some of it (especially the clip with Washington near the end) looks like it's running using the game's engine rather than just being a bunch of CGI stuff... and the graphics look pretty damn good.

Okay, so I don't play games in this franchise but let me tell you that Assassin's Creed has caught my eye for quite awhile.

I had my doubts when the trailer first showed as the winter forest (wasteland...JK) area seemed to lack the same aura of previous locations in the franchise. Everything, however, went uphill from there with some epic assassinations.

Edit: Confirmed for Wii U. That is my system of choice.

Is it really confirmed for WiiU? It's gonna be interesting trying to do parkour in that game with that wide controller in your hands:lol:

But it looks like us Nintendo/AC fans are gonna have to wait til the WiiU is out of development(considering they don't delay it like 5 times :dry:) so we can get AC3.

I have played all of the Assassins Creed games so far though i really dislike the whole Desmond thing and it gets a little cheesy sometimes (such as the Apple Battles), but the ending of Revelations was pretty good! So I'm looking forward to 3 and the new direction (and new character) they're going with. The game play and story is fun so I don't think 3 with disappoint. The new environment and tools should be interesting, plus USA setting - I'm just curious how they will tie in Assassins with the Freemasons (and Washington) since the Freemasons already have real life ties (histories have found links to/suspicions) with Templars. Seems like a flip-flop is going on. That's what I'm curious about. Should be interesting.

Nyan Cat

Nyan! Nyan!
I can't wait for this game <3 I already preordered it for the PS3 since It may take a while for the Wii U to come out, and the Wii U is out of my budget at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom