• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ark's Graphics/Avatars

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Hey guys. Since I recently downloaded GIMP, i've decided to open a sig shop. I'm fairly new to graphics and the like, soo constructive criticism is welcome. :)

I also take requests, so if you think that i'm up to the job, just ask :D

Please keep all requests in the form of;

Background (or background color):
Text:
Type (avatar or signiture):
Size: (Since i'm not too good with scaling things, just say small, medium or large)
~~~

Below are some of my works;

whysoseriouszim.png

Meh. Don't really know what to think of this one ^

96915350.png

My favorite ^

linksiggy.png

Don't know what happened to the quality of this one^

laytonluke.png

My first and least favorite :(

EDIT: New siggy~

blackbutlersig.png

All (if any) constructive criticism is welcome! Don't be afraid to comment/request. :P
(in other words, you're free to tell me that they all suck. :xd:)

Last edited:

DayDreamer

Wahoo!
I love Professor Layton xD I was thinking to make an animated gif of the fencing fight in Professor Layton and the Diabolical box.
Anyway, keep up the good work these are awesome :3

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Very good Voodle! One tip: If a pic appears a bit blurry try to sharpen it by using the sharp filter. Or duplicate the pic and use gaussian blur with a setting around 10px radius and set the blending mode on Overlay or Soft light. And reduce the opacity a bit. Just a tip!

I like the second one the most! I simply LOVE the way you blended it! That's amazing! Owww I like the last one too.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Thanks for the feedback guys :D And thank you very much for the tip Vee. But I think the third one is blurry because I accidentally used the blurry version of the two pictures of chibi-link I had. :facepalm:

Thanks alot you guys. ;)

Kybyrian

A bit big for my taste, but they are good nonetheless. Personally I think the last one is the best, though you may not like it. It's simple and everything works well, but most certainly could be improved on. Mind telling me what program you use to make your signatures? I suppose if you tell me either GIMP or Photoshop I'll tell you to mess around with filters either way, but I do know more about Photoshop. :P

In any case, I think you should use smaller renders. The ones you use tend to take up most of the signature and make it look a little worse than it could be. I also notice that in a couple of them you have a rather mono-colored background, and that doesn't look the best. You can experiment with different techniques for coloring your background until you find one that looks good. A cloud filter is a good way to start out sometimes.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
A bit big for my taste, but they are good nonetheless. Personally I think the last one is the best, though you may not like it. It's simple and everything works well, but most certainly could be improved on. Mind telling me what program you use to make your signatures? I suppose if you tell me either GIMP or Photoshop I'll tell you to mess around with filters either way, but I do know more about Photoshop. :P

In any case, I think you should use smaller renders. The ones you use tend to take up most of the signature and make it look a little worse than it could be. I also notice that in a couple of them you have a rather mono-colored background, and that doesn't look the best. You can experiment with different techniques for coloring your background until you find one that looks good. A cloud filter is a good way to start out sometimes.

The background color thing is really bothering me. I didnt want it to be too bright or to flashy, so I kept it low.
And i'm using GIMP, downloaded it yesterday.

Kybyrian

I probably should have read the first post before I went and posted. :P

The first thing that I'd like to recommend is downloading some nice brushes. You can find them all over the place, so go crazy. Move them to your GIMP brushes folder so you can use them. Experiment with them in your backgrounds. Just don't overbrush, because they can make a signature look bad. Besides that, you can try to color your background a little differently and experiment with filters.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I probably should have read the first post before I went and posted. :P

The first thing that I'd like to recommend is downloading some nice brushes. You can find them all over the place, so go crazy. Move them to your GIMP brushes folder so you can use them. Experiment with them in your backgrounds. Just don't overbrush, because they can make a signature look bad. Besides that, you can try to color your background a little differently and experiment with filters.

Any reccomended sites to download them from? Those would be appreciated :<

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Try Deviant art, photoshop world, photoshop lady, Photoshop roadmap etc. I have TONS of links. If you google photoshop brushes you will find a huge lot. The same with Gimp.

Edit: I LOVE the laste one!!!! REALLY COOL VOODLE!!! Now the request and we have another siggy shop available at ZD :D

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I agree with Byrne these are really cool pics and you are better than you give yourself credit for. I really liked the second one because all the colors matched and it wasn't too light or dark. I look forward to more of your work in the future.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Thanks guys! I really appreciate your feedback. Also, i'll get started on requests as soon as they arrive, Vee. ;)

Also, I have very low self confidence, GG. :( But I guess I can improve on that as well as my graphics!

Kybyrian

As Bigelover said, those are all great sites to download brushes from. Deviantart especially. Search up some abstract brushes, vector, grunge, rust, etc. and you can experiment with them. The background on your current signature by bradley is something that you can recreate yourself easily, too. That's a cloud render. I believe that GIMP has a filter for that. Cloud renders are usually good with grunge/rust signatures. I found a site a few days ago called qbrushes that sport some pretty cool brushes, but most of them you can find on deviantart. The brushes they have on there link to deviantart accounts if they have them, too.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
As Bigelover said, those are all great sites to download brushes from. Deviantart especially. Search up some abstract brushes, vector, grunge, rust, etc. and you can experiment with them. The background on your current signature by bradley is something that you can recreate yourself easily, too. That's a cloud render. I believe that GIMP has a filter for that. Cloud renders are usually good with grunge/rust signatures. I found a site a few days ago called qbrushes that sport some pretty cool brushes, but most of them you can find on deviantart. The brushes they have on there link to deviantart accounts if they have them, too.

I downloaded a few brushes that'll help alot and just look plain interesting. One of the most interesting ones I downloaded is the Galactic set, constellations and awesome patterns :3
The blood set is really great too. It'll do for any of my Left 4 dead related items.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Sorry for the double post, but I didnt want my first post to be too big.

Newest arts;

linksiggy.png

gorobrothers.png

gorobrotherssig.png

^Edit for Green Goron

Remember to leave feedback! =-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom