• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Are You Tired of Used Dungeon Themes?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So for me and am sure many other Zelda fans, dungeons are a big part of the series, as this is where we experience the most difficult and challenging components inthe entire game. We also encounter multiple puzzles, enemies, acquire new items and fight the Dungeon boss Etc. One important aspect of a dungeon itself is the theme, as this will effect the common enemies, the puzzles, items and even the boss.

However what I want to know is, Are you getting tired of seeing the same Dungeon themes? What i am mainly talking about are the typical dungeons we see time and time again....Forest, Fire, Water and Desert to an extent. Would you like to see some more new and unique themes placed in dungeons or do you like seeing the familiar themes? Me personally I would like to see a twist on the common themes, this was seen in Majoras Mask with the Swamp theme replacing the Forest. So If we are going to see the same old themes I would want a fresh twist to mix things up,

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I don't see what's wrong with re-using themes. Elemental themes are effective options, and they're honestly staple in the series. Variety among these themes is all that's needed, and that's something Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword did really well.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Not at all. I want to see more used dungeon themes like another shadow or spirit temple.

I'm all for brand new themes as well as twists on familiar themes. Lanayru Mining Facility was great in SS, as was the Sandship, which mixed a desert theme with a pirate ship captained by robots to awesome effects. Of course, familiar themes executed very well are also great, such as the Forbidden Woods in The Wind Waker, which perfectly captured a mysterious, enchanted forest feel in my eyes.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'm not sure that its new themes we need. I think we need to reinstitute older themes (or go the SS route and play them backwards).

I really miss the dungeon theme from Zelda II. Its so awesome and fun. The only problem is that it hasn't appeared since SSBM as far as I'm aware. Songs like that one add energy and feel to a more rapid-paced dungeon. I want it back in Zelda U.

We already have the material we need for better dungeon themes. We just need to use it.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I'm not concerned with repeated dungeon themes.

I am concerned with repeat puzzles. When the same type of sliding block puzzle and sliding floor puzzles show up in various titles, I find myself a tad disappointed. Same with repeat bosses with the same patterns.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, very tired of it, give us something new, there is more than enough room to experiment and mean it.

This minus the experimentation part. Nintendo should know full and well how to make proper themes. They aren't me in any sense - they know logical flow and what works. So, where are the themes at? Why are we stuck to the same static stuff every day?

No, I've got no problems with it. As long as they keep the challenges varied, the puzzles fresh, and the design entertaining, they could use the same dungeon themes for eternity.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I would love to see variations of common themes and more deviations from the norm.

What I really want is freedom in dungeon exploration. I don't want to be stuck having to go through rooms in a more or less specified order.
I'd like there to be different ways to go through the dungeon, maybe even have it possible to beat the dungeon without the dungeon item for a change.
I want feel like I'm exploring the dungeon not running a glorified obstacle course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom