• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Stingy With Your Rupees?

I thought that SS did a good job of having you spend your rupees. With all the upgrades, and potions, and the stuff at Beedles shop, it seemed like my wallet was never full. In past games, my wallet is almost always full... even after I buy everything I need. But then again, I'm one of those guys who likes to cut all the grass, chop down every bush... break every vase, etc.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
I am not that stingy with my rupees. I woould buy the upgrades, but I would also have at least about 100 rupees so I could buy a potion when I need it.

oshi_yoshi

Skyloftian Night Patrol
The only games I was really paranoid about them with was Link to the Past and Phantom Hourglass. I've been playing PH for a little while now, and I can't stand spending Rupees, especially since the Power Gems and Ship Parts are kinda spendy.... *Paranoid Parrot*
In TP, I wore the Magic Armor for the heck of it because I knew that there was always a way to get more Rupees. I could never get all the treasure chests in the temples without buying something, even with the huge wallet.
In SS I practically threw them away. >.>

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Not stingy. I'm guilty in warping back and forth from the horseback archery game in OoT to the guardhouse to collect more rupees even on the giants wallet. I got way too obsessed with that minigame.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I usually save up for something that is really expensive. Then after that I buy things when I need too. It's funny, Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game where I actually bought things on a regualr basis, ususally I only spend Rupees on Minigames, ieces of Heart, or other upgrades.

I've never been too stingy with my rupees as they are usually very easy to get in most Zelda games.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I really hate having a full wallet. I love collecting Rupees, so it always fills up so fast that I'm just sick of it. I would usually go and spend all of my Rupees until I have absolutely none left, and then I'd go and collect some more. So no, I'm not stingy with them.

Night Owl

~Momentai
It depends on the game. I try to keep room in my wallet for the random chest in dungeons, But I try to keep a large amount for expensive items. I Look at my wallet before deciding whether to splurge on bombs/arrows or to cut grass for them instead. Full wallets are a huge problem with my open every chest, cut every plant, and break every pot playstyle.

Skyward Sword had one of the better economies in a Zelda game thus far, imo.

A

americankestril

I rarely need to buy anything in Legend of Zelda games. I only buy things like the ship customization in Phantom Hourglass, Heart Containers/Pieces, things that are needed to complete the game, and upgrades in Skyward Sword.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Just a small question: if you all don't like the games where recovery hearts, rupees and such are overly abundant...how about you try your hand at a "realistic" approach to the games? You know, you can't use recovery hearts you find in places and are forced to buy them from shops (or buy a potion), you can't pick up item replenishing stuffs (and have to buy respective things from the shops)?

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
My strategy in Majora's Mask is to get as many rupees as I can, deposit them in the bank, and I'll have them there later if I need them. As for other Zelda games, I generally don't spend rupees unless I need to.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Just a small question: if you all don't like the games where recovery hearts, rupees and such are overly abundant...how about you try your hand at a "realistic" approach to the games? You know, you can't use recovery hearts you find in places and are forced to buy them from shops (or buy a potion), you can't pick up item replenishing stuffs (and have to buy respective things from the shops)?

You mean like playing Hero Mode in Skyward Sword? :right:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom