• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You Stingy With Your Rupees?

I'm curious to see how others handle their money in Zelda games. I for one am kind of ashamed to say I'm pretty cheap . . . I don't like to spend my Rupees, I usually save up until my wallet can't take it and by something huge. What do you like to spend your Rupees on? Are you cheap, or do you not care about your spending in Zelda games?
I prefer to keep my wallet full at all times :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm fine with having a bit of space in my wallet, the problem arises though when I have anywhere from 0-40 rupees left though. Not that I'm a spendthrift –I'm far from such a thing– but for example the start of any Zelda makes me a bit...worried for how I'm going to progress (sometimes I play Zelda games "realistically", so instead of grabbing recovery hearts from random drops, I buy them instead).

Best part though is having a full wallet and having nothing to spend it on. Makes me feel accomplished :yes:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
It doesn't matter too much to me, there are too many Rupees in most games... how 'bout more pieces of heart that can be purchasable or as a reward for sidequests instead of money?

Usually in all Zelda games I have way too many rupees. I don't think they are very useful except for random large purchases. I mostly have a full wallet with nothing to spend it on. I wish the rupee system was a bit more balanced in the series. Skyward Sword did it pretty well though actually.

I'm not really stingy with the Rupees in the Zelda games I own because they are pretty much worthless at a certain point in the games and they are pretty easy to come by too.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
It really depends on the game, but most of the time, I don't care about spending. Like others have said, most games you tend to have a plethora of rupees with nothing to spend it on. I spend when I see something I like, because I absolutely hate having a full wallet. I know you said you like it when you have nothing to spend it on, but even then, I hate thinking about throwing out the rupees I collect. I even prefer to buy arrows or something rather than look for them, just to get rid of money. They should make it so that rupees don't appear when you have a full wallet. Then I'd feel better about it. XD

On a side note, though, once the game is over I always strive to get a full wallet. I'm still hoping that one day I'll reach PH and ST's limit of 9999 rupees. It makes the 100% aspect of it feel even more 100%.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Absolutely not. I'm always looking to get rid of rupees. Rupees are far too excessive in most of the games with far too little to spend it on. Being a hero is a very lucrative career in Hyrule.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
I'm curious to see how others handle their money in Zelda games. I for one am kind of ashamed to say I'm pretty cheap . . . I don't like to spend my Rupees, I usually save up until my wallet can't take it and by something huge. What do you like to spend your Rupees on? Are you cheap, or do you not care about your spending in Zelda games?
I prefer to keep my wallet full at all times :lol:

Ditto.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
Pssh! Please! I spend them babies too fast! I dont know why...its a real life problem too! Except I spend USD, not rupees... I think of it this way, you can always get more rupees, why be cheap? xD

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I am very cheap and stingy with my money in Zelda games, and I do not really like this, because you always get a bad feeling when you wallet is full and you find a chest with 100 rupees. For example, I almost never buy potions because I know that somewhere I can get a free fairy. I am very cheap in real life also, and it has kind of translated over to Zelda games, but there are time when I can tell myself that this is just a game where infinite money can be found. So as a quick answer, yes I am.

Am I stingy? Sure. The problem with that playstyle, however, is the excessive rupees that crop up in random treasure chests in nearly every dungeon. Skyward Sword did a better job of limiting this nonsense but it was still there. Overall, I avoid accessory expenses and focus on the necessities. Who knows, maybe a recession will strike Hyrule soon? Better keep those rupees close by in your pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom