• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are you bored of superheroes?

I'm bored of superheroes. I was bored around Iron Man 2 and Avengers was the last film i had excitement for only because it was a unique time for cinema.

Everything after that has bored me to hell. I dont care about the overall story with Marvel's Infinity Stones or whatever DC are trying to scramble together.

I have a high boredom threshold, but superhero movies bore me to tears, literal tears because i get sad when i get so bonecrushingly bored.

Ant-man was the last superhero film i wanted to see only because Edgar Wright (a hero of mine) was involved... in the early stages at least.

But everything else.... i just cant watch anymore.

How about you, has superhero fatigue set in?

funnier6

Courage~
I've pretty much always been bored of them, I've never been comic booky or liked watching a masked hero fight some super villain for the twenty millionth time. For super heroes to interest me it has to be different, I don't like watching things blow up for the sake of watching something blow up, so I don't watch standard super hero movies unless they have something going for them other than the super hero effect.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
DC and Marvel have always been boring to me. The only thing about superheroes that I truly love is My Hero Academia, which for me is far more entertaining than anything from DC or Marvel could ever be. It's different in the first place, since it puts heroes on the same level as ordinary people; mostly everyone has super powers and some people made using it them for good into a profession. That's more interesting than a handful of random dudes doing the same as vigilantes, at least for me. Nothing I've seen in Marvel or DC grabs me like MHA has. The only thing like them that has grabbed my attention is that new movie, Valerian, though I don't even know if that's DC or Marvel. I probably won't even see it anyway.

Pen

The game is on!
I am not bored in the slightest. I'm still super excited for pretty much every new Marvel film, and since Wonder Woman I'm starting to get more into the DC films too. As long as I'm entertained and intrigued I will always love the superhero genre, and I think film is a perfect medium for it. I'm certainly not bored of them, and I'm happy to live in an age where so many films like this are made.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There are so many superhero movies out there now and more up and coming. I am becoming fatigued by the amount of mediocrity being shat out. I don't know whether to bother anymore because I don't want another iron man Poo, or another Pooicide Squad, Captain America Civil Bore and certainly never to experience another Fantastic Poor.

I tend not to get excited for superheroes because of being let down a lot. So when I do see one that is good I am always pleasantly surprised.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm not bored of them, but Im also a comic book guy, so I've seen a lot more superhero content :P
I am worried for upcoming films though. DC is in a precarious position, even after Wonder Woman, and idk how many more of these they can make as things are.
Marvel is also somewhat worrying. At least DC has shown the ability to make their films feel different. Batman v Superman is clearly not the same as Suicide Squad (eben though they both suck). Marvel needs to let their directors have. A little more creative control. As Edgar Wright said: he wanted to make a Marvel movie, but they didn't want to make an Edgar Wright movie. With them, it's the atmosphere that becomes stale, not the genre.

Reactions: Pen

Mido

Version 1
It's difficult to find myself bored with superheroes primarily because, at least as far as the movies are concerned, I don't see many of them (as far as the MCU goes, the only "series" of movies I watched was the one for Thor, which is considered to be among the weaker ones in the MCU as far as I know). Outside of movies, and in the big picture, I still enjoy me a superhero-themed piece of media. If the story is refereshing, the characters interesting among other things, I'm bound to be game for such content. Ultimately, I don't harbor any superhero fatigue, but it's not as if I constantly take in such media to begin with.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I love superhero films and will get excited as they come out to go go and see them. I think when it gets boring for me is when they reboot and repeat the same origin story just with different actors.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I've never been too into action movies to begin with. I wouldn't say I'm bored of superhero movies, I just don't have a ton of interest in them. I'll watch a few every once in a while if they seem to interest me though. Ant-Man and Deadpool have been the only recent ones I've cared to watch. I also watch Gotham, but that's the only superhero show that I keep up with.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Nope and never will be. It's a good time to be alive for any comic book fan or fan of superheroes in general. There's been so many good movies throughout the years even if they're not all winners or are just okay, I'm glad they've been able to achieve as much as they have as it's everything any comic book fan could have ever wanted back in the day. I'm also very happy with how prevalent they've been on TV as well. Just wish the cartoons were as good as they've been in the past.

All in all, it's been a great distraction from everything else and has given me something to look forward to throughout the years. I'll always have my criticisms but overall, I'm pretty damn happy as a comic book fan.

Reactions: Pen

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I'm not tired of Superhero movies, I'm tired of studios butchering Superhero movies. They need to treat my man Superman with some respek

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yes, i am i don't give a flying donkey crap about Superman and Batman, to me there are just too goddamn boring. I want more supervillain movies, such as when their plan actually freaking succeeds instead of some magical bull**** happening to get them incarcerated.

Supermans a freaking alien with godlike abilities of course no one can beat him because he weakness is this one specific material ONLY found on his home planet. Batman seems to be only in it for job security he'd rather beat the crap outta mentally ill people than actual criminals. Why else is arkham underfunded?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
**** out here wit dat bull****, everyone kniws Supes was trashed in BvS. They need to give Superman the story and movie he deserves

I agree, we need a better Superman movie with a good story. But he wasn't trashed in BvS. At least not his character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom