• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are You A Good Public Speaker?

Public speaking comes very naturally to me, whether I'm delivering a prepared or an impromptu speech, the words seem to flow well. Public speaking is the number one phobia but I love it.

Ironically, I am much more comfortable talking in front of a room full of people than one on one. It's a blessing and a curse.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I'm always get shy when I do public speaking. So, I never like to do something like that with a bunch of people. If I do some kind of speech with a small group of people I know at least I can do some speech in front of them. Speech class was my hardest, shyest, and least favorite class I liked. Good thing I passed it.

Deeds

no text
I'm pretty average, to be honest. It's not like I could speak in a room full of people without even thinking about it, that would inhumane. I'll do it, kinda well I guess.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Its strange. With me, I always feel like I'm nervous. I'm shaking, thoughts running through my head like "what am I gonna say, how am I gonna say it?". Stuff like that. The nerves are intense. But when I get up there and get past my first few words, my mind goes somewhere else, and I can present without a hitch. Even improvising when my mind goes a bit blank.

I've only had one presentation I sucked at, and it was my Spanish project presentation. Only because I sucked at Spanish, and I couldn't just start improvising like "Yo la tengo en la camisa". It just wouldn't work. Still passed it somehow. Kinda perplexed by that.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ha ha, nope. I don't consider myself to be, but some people, for example my Marketing teacher last year, have told me that I'm really good at it. But they only say that because they can only see how I am on the outside. On the inside, I'm constantly freaking out and panicking. It doesn't matter whether I'm prepared for it or not. Let me put it into perspective for you: On the outside, I am Obama. On the inside, I am a hyperactive paranoid maniac tripping out on PCP running around screaming in the middle of a mine field that is being constantly bombarded from the air. Am I exaggerating how nervous I get? Just a little bit, and that's the sad truth of the matter.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
I have no life. Why would I attempt public speaking? Also, I usually stammer when I'm talking to a group of more than 3 people.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
tumblr_mif7joUgWE1rav1nyo1_400.gif

I think this gif pretty much explains everything...

This. I am not a public speaker; heck, I usually can't talk to a small group without shying away at every turn. It's part of that modesty jig, ya know?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I like to think that I'm a pretty decent public speaker. I don't get nervous when speaking in front of large groups of people that I don't know. I have given many speeches before, some that I prepared for, while others were random and improvised. I don't like talking to large audiences, but I can do it if needed.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'll put it this way...
I'm walking through the desert, talking to to group of people. I walk into a cactus. It hurts, I scream, and everybody just laughs.
What really happened: I was on stage making a speech, when I walked into the wall. I started screaming, and everybody laughed.
I just compared a cactus to a brick wall... interesting!
Long story short, I'm a terrible public speaker (unless there's a script...)

C

Crazybunny

Yea I am. I actually love public speaking, gives me a sense of authority you might say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom