• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are Third Party Games a Priority when the First Party Ones Are Close to Release?

I was just thinking, usually when I get a Nintendo console it's always for the first party games. I know a lot of people here are strictly Nintendo so I thought I'd ask, even if you use all consoles. When you know a first party Nintendo game is coming out soon do you save your money for it by ignoring other games?
Will Bayonetta 5 empty your wallet when Mario Galaxy 3 is being released?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Bayonetta 2*

But, in regards to Nintendo consoles, third party games are most certainly given the backseat when a big-time first party title is on the rise. So, say Zelda 3DS is coming out. I *will* ignore Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII for the sake of Zelda simply because I am expecting Nintendo first party games to be absolute gold. :)

Bayonetta 2*

But, in regards to Nintendo consoles, third party games are most certainly given the backseat when a big-time first party title is on the rise. So, say Zelda 3DS is coming out. I *will* ignore Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII for the sake of Zelda simply because I am expecting Nintendo first party games to be absolute gold. :)
I was being sarcastic about Bayonetta 5. :P

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
I rarely play any game that isn't a first-party Nintendo title. Mario, Zelda, Pikmin... I love it all. Of course, I have strayed from that path with the Dragon Quest or Professor Layton series. To answer your question, no, there isn't a single third party game that could keep me from getting any first party Nintendo game. (Okay, Dragon Quest Vs. Kirby is the exception)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The only Nintendo franchise I would put ahead of all others is Zelda, but even now I am not willing to jump in with the next Zelda game simply on faith. When you buy Nintendo you can pretty much be guaranteed a solid product.... maybe not so much as of late (here's looking at you other m). Of course other titles even on other systems don't exactly compare anymore either. But for instance, a choice between the next Zelda and the next Arkham game would be a difficult one for me indeed (nevermind that the next Batman game from Rocksteady is going to suck)

Nevertheless, the Big N can still benefit from solid third party support. At one time I would have put the Big N first. Now... IDK who comes first when it comes to video games anymore these days...

Of course if we all had the disposable income we wouldn't have to make a choice now would we? :P

Bayonetta will definitely empty my pockets, she can empty anything of mine she likes <3

Like Castle above, I usually only put Zelda ahead of everything else but I've been disappointed for ten years straight now and I don't know why i keep coming back. Though speaking strictly Nintendo there are never very many third party games worth a damn to purchase ahead of 1st party games. Staring at my wii collection most of them are first party titles, there are only a handful which arent like the three Operation Rainfall games and No More Heroes, everything else seems to have Nintendo stamped on it because there is simply nothing else, the same was with the GameCube, such little third part support meant that i was just waiting to snap up a first party game when it came out.

Having recently acquired a 360 and going through the third party gams ive missed out on with being loyal to nintendo like Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Left4Dead, Condemned, Resident Evil, Dead space, Gears of War, Halo etc etc, i have been so disappointed with everything, so even with the WiiU seemingly having a strong 3rd party backbone at launch i can see me again buying very little that isnt a first party game because nintendo are the only developers putting out good games as far as im concerned, as bad as the wii installments to certain franchises were (SS and Other M) perhaps the wii was just a miss-step and first party WiiU games will be back on track and awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom