• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Are the New Twilight Maps Too Hard?

My highest level Character right now is Ghirihim. He's currently 126 or so, and I have the same problem.
(by the way, He's the highest because He's both mine and my firend's favorite character, so, even if I don't intend on making him the highest, it was kinda bound to happen. All in All, I really would have liked everyone to stay the same (or right around the same) level.)

But anyway, as I was saying- Yes- It's just insane. One little tiny tap from a moblin, and you've lost an A rank? That's STUPID.
( I bet I can see comics being made about this. xD ) - But seriously, that's not a 'difficulty' issue, that's just annoying. I'm sure there are much better ways to 'amp up' the challenging factor- if that is indeed what they were trying to do.

If they had wanted to make the game difficult in a more interesting way, then what they should have done was design a few missions where the optimal way to beat it wasn't particularly clear. I had enormous satisfaction in figuring out how to A Rank the 3 tier Great Fairy scenario, same with the 2 tier Wind Waker scenario. Beating those was immensely rewarding, even if there was some frustration leading up to it. Since combat itself in this game is not particularly mentally taxing, having that different sort of puzzle to chew on a bit felt great.

I'm not particularly experiencing any difficulties with the Twilight Map, but then again I'm not particularly bothered about what Rank I get after a mission. I've mostly been getting A or B ranks mostly because of Time or the odd damage taken, but the amount I've taken or left isn't far from an A rank.

I think the fact that I'm not bothered about getting nothing but A Ranks has somewhat eased the difficulty a bit, but from my opinion I don't think they're that difficult to achieve. Alas I have much of the Map to unlock so my opinion could change but so far I seem to be completing missions without many problems.

Really it's not the entire map, but a select few scenarios that are giving people trouble. When a single hit can deal 22 hearts of damage, sure you might be able to recover from that and beat the map, but that doesn't matter if you've already done that and just want the A Rank.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
If they had wanted to make the game difficult in a more interesting way, then what they should have done was design a few missions where the optimal way to beat it wasn't particularly clear. I had enormous satisfaction in figuring out how to A Rank the 3 tier Great Fairy scenario, same with the 2 tier Wind Waker scenario. Beating those was immensely rewarding, even if there was some frustration leading up to it. Since combat itself in this game is not particularly mentally taxing, having that different sort of puzzle to chew on a bit felt great.
Wind Waker Scenario? You mean the item, or something based off of the actual game?

And, I think that would be a better way to ante up the difficulty, without making it stupidly, insanely, ANNOYING.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
The item. I don't remember which scenario map it was, it's far down in the bottom left corner somewhere on the first Adventure Mode.
Ah. I can't remember which one that is.

Also- just an update, but my (two) highest characters now are Lana and Ghirahim. Both in the 150s range.
I went a little crazy with the summoning gate- trying to break the 25k skills, and before I knew it, Lana was a higher level than Ghiri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom