• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Are Ghirahim and Dark Link Somehow Related?

Lol... could have sworn I saw you in almost every theory thread that sprang up around the time Hyrule Historia was released. I'd like to think that you'd have read about it, what with all those quotes and links to HH that were posted in said threads during that time. ;j

But for the sake of clarity, here you go.

Now... it is probably for the best if we got back on topic...

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
Lol... could have sworn I saw you in almost every theory thread that sprang up around the time Hyrule Historia was released. I'd like to think that you'd have read about it, what with all those quotes and links to HH that were posted in said threads during that time. ;j

But for the sake of clarity, here you go.

Now... it is probably for the best if we got back on topic...

I don't remember everything from back then.

However, I will say this, if Dark Link is Ghirahim, Why does he appear as a reflection of Link?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Indeed

Dark Link could also resemble Phantom Ganon in many ways. He could also resemble a gerudo assassin. I enjoy theorizing as much as the next guy on this forum. I just think we shouldn't make connections that have no basis.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I think the theory is solid if you ask me, little evidence to prove it, and hardly any to disprove it, so i think things are workin out in CoolGuys favor at the moment. to tell you the truth i think its a much cooler explanation of dark link than i have heard so far!

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
Okay, We have spoken before on matters of Dark Link, But Ghirahim is a different matter. At the end of SS, it becomes apparent that Demise will be reincarnated as Ganondorf, but earlier in the game, at the end of Ghirahim's second battle with Link, he states that Link has "awakened a wrath that will burn for eons!" and that he will "drag [Link] into an eternity of torment!". Now, this seems to just yell out "REINCARNATION", but who would he become? People may think Dark Link, but we already know my Dark Link theory (Summed up version: Dark Link is Link's brother gone hypnotized via Ganondorf!). I personally believe Ghirahim was reincarnated as Zant. I mean, think about it! Their both crazy, They both serve a master (Ghirahim=Demise, Zant=Ganondorf), They both even get betrayed by their master (Ghirahim gets turned into a sword, Zant gets Trolled)! Tell me what your thoughts on this theory are.

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well Ghirahim also said he had rainbows in his heart. Let's face it. Ghirahim was as over-dramatic as he was stupid. He is an abomination.

Also, The Wind Waker could have magicaly turned into a giant jellybean and then rolled through time to the point where Death Mountrain was erupting. It then could have exploded and turned into the Goron race. Idk, I guess there is no real proof against it.

I don't think nintendo has any plans to bring him back, and the burden of proof is on those who want to prove this to come up with something. So come up with something concrete or send this all to fanfiction.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Okay, We have spoken before on matters of Dark Link, But Ghirahim is a different matter. At the end of SS, it becomes apparent that Demise will be reincarnated as Ganondorf, but earlier in the game, at the end of Ghirahim's second battle with Link, he states that Link has "awakened a wrath that will burn for eons!" and that he will "drag [Link] into an eternity of torment!". Now, this seems to just yell out "REINCARNATION", but who would he become? People may think Dark Link, but we already know my Dark Link theory (Summed up version: Dark Link is Link's brother gone hypnotized via Ganondorf!). I personally believe Ghirahim was reincarnated as Zant. I mean, think about it! Their both crazy, They both serve a master (Ghirahim=Demise, Zant=Ganondorf), They both even get betrayed by their master (Ghirahim gets turned into a sword, Zant gets Trolled)! Tell me what your thoughts on this theory are.

Its a good way to think about it and of course there are quite a few similarities between the two colour scheme wise and maybe even personality wise, however I truly believe that this was on Nintendo's part. I mean Skyward Sword took a lot of pointers from TP and I think one of them was creating another sub villain, with a unique personality much like Zant.

Thinking about it logically though...Zant is simply a part ofthe Twili race, they have been imprisoned within this realm for 1000's of years, in fact ever since the Era of Chaos. They originated from the Dark Interlopers and Zant is a descendent of this ancient race, his motives for Evil? He had been denied of being the King of the Twilight and he was gifted the power by his evil god. This as seen in game actually drove him crazy, it is clear that he couldn't handle that power.

Now thinking about it a better theory would to speculate that Ghirahim is one of the Dark Interlopers, I mean it would fit in with my supposed theory as in the scene with Lanayru, the Interlopers appear as Dark Links. However this is just loosely based speculation and I just don't think that Ghirahim and Zant are related as the time period between the two is extremely long as well as the other points I raised.

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
Its a good way to think about it and of course there are quite a few similarities between the two colour scheme wise and maybe even personality wise, however I truly believe that this was on Nintendo's part. I mean Skyward Sword took a lot of pointers from TP and I think one of them was creating another sub villain, with a unique personality much like Zant.

Thinking about it logically though...Zant is simply a part ofthe Twili race, they have been imprisoned within this realm for 1000's of years, in fact ever since the Era of Chaos. They originated from the Dark Interlopers and Zant is a descendent of this ancient race, his motives for Evil? He had been denied of being the King of the Twilight and he was gifted the power by his evil god. This as seen in game actually drove him crazy, it is clear that he couldn't handle that power.

Now thinking about it a better theory would to speculate that Ghirahim is one of the Dark Interlopers, I mean it would fit in with my supposed theory as in the scene with Lanayru, the Interlopers appear as Dark Links. However this is just loosely based speculation and I just don't think that Ghirahim and Zant are related as the time period between the two is extremely long as well as the other points I raised.

How come all my theories anywhere nowadays winds up with me overlooking important facts like "HEY, YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THIS GAME YET, YOU DON'T KNOW JACK SH!T!!!"? I think God's trolling me!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
How come all my theories anywhere nowadays winds up with me overlooking important facts like "HEY, YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THIS GAME YET, YOU DON'T KNOW JACK SH!T!!!"? I think God's trolling me!

No theories are perfect, they are usually presented for critique and that's all I am doing, I have had many theories played down by people and to be honest its not the end of the world. I mean you can believe in any theory, that is down to you, you just asked me to respond so I I did. I didn't say "You don't know Jack****" I just simply stated why i thought it wouldn't work, key word "I".

Last edited:

I-Love-DarkLink

Dark Admirer
No theories are perfect, they are usually presented for critique and that's all I am doing, I have had many theories played down by people and to be honest its not the end of the world. I mean you can believe in any theory, that is down to you, you just asked me to respond so I I did. I didn't say "You don't know Jack**** I just simply stated why i thought it wouldn't work, key word "I".

Yeah, but that's what God yells in my ear after I get a comment on a theory now, so I'm being trolled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom