• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Architecture of Zelda

Chris

It has been awhile...
I noticed some great architecture while playing through the LoZ series. One of the architectual beauties I saw was the Forest Temple, it was a super cool place. It was like Hyrule castle/garden on the inside. It is like Lonely_Moon said, it is like a castle conquered by nature and overrun by beasts. The amazing designs on the inside were just amazing.

Another one would be the Temple of Time from TP. It was an enhanced version of the original version in OoT. It had it's own boss and mini-boss and it was just beatiful on the inside (because there was no outside other than the Door). The designs all over that place made it such a magnificent place to go.

Those are two of the best architectual designs in Zelda.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Like others. I really liked the Temple of Time in TP. I was shocked that the main room really looked nothing like the Temple of Time in OoT. In fact... it did not make since at all. But seeing the ruins and stepping through the door and appearing inside the temple really was very neat ^^

A

Avia Rayne

The Forest Temple in Ocarina of Time just puzzles me. I know it was mentioned in a different post, but like Snow Peak Ruins in Twilight Princess, it really resembles a manor of some sort. I also believe it is the only temple in that game that bears a Medallion symbol above all the doors, and respectively, the Forest Medallion.

It just strikes me as odd, because like Snow Peak Ruins, it is located in a basically remote area. I know the Kokiri are just a short ways away, but their architecture is vastly different. It leaves me to think that back when the Temple of Light (you know, where the Chamber of the Sages is) was being constructed by the original sages, did they actually live in their respective temples?

As of now, I think the Forest Temple is the only one in OoT that even resembles a house of some sort. Even though Nabooru supposedly lives in the Desert Colossus, it resembles more of a temple than a house.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Well, Snowpeak Ruins isn't a temple like the Forest Temple. It's just an old home that Yeto and Yeta found, that possibly belonged to Mayor Bo, Rusl, or any past or current Ordonian denizen (because of all the Ordon food in the chests, and the pictures of Ordon Village hanging on the walls). The mirror is only there because Yeto and/or Yeta found it and hung it up in their bedroom.

I have always wondered who previously thought of the Forest Temple as a home, though. That would be interesting to find out. Maybe you're right. Maybe the sages did live in their respective temples. I mean, in WW, Medli and Makar stay back in their respective temples to pray, so if any of the other sages had to do the same, which they probably did, why not make themselves comfortable? (Although in OoT I assumed they all died trying to rid the monsters of their temples. Maybe spirits need couches, too?)

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
One Architecture that has intruiged me is the Secret Shrine in Majora's Mask. The place appears as if it was a ritual chamber for Majora. It must have been sacrificial rituals according to the hearts that look like Majora.
(Note this is a fan drawn image but there are hearts that look like this in MM.)
Majora__s_Heart_by_Seranikai.png

What could be the secret shrouded in this Shrine.

Steve

5/19/13
The Arbiter's Grounds in Twilight Princess really astounded me more than any other dungeon in the Zelda series, and it's the prime reason why it is my favorite temple. I loved it's dark, Egyptian theme, and it gave me chills which not too many games give me. I think the only other one that did, was the original music of Fire Temple (with the chanting) in Ocarina of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom