• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Apparently {SPOILERS}

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger

Link is playable?! I'm not against it, I think I'm actually pretty neutral on the situation. Hopefully, we'll get a two-player campaign experience.....

Chevywolf:30

The one and only.
I remember @Gorozoron talking about Yo-Kai Watch 3 switching between Nate and Hailey having their own adventure trying to find each other and I've been wondering if this will take the same approach or if they'll be working as a team.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I mentioned this in the announcement thread. This gives me hope that the game might have some sort of traditional Zelda gameplay. I detest the idea of having to rescue Link though.

I’ll still wait and see if this game is worth my time or not.

Prince Sidon

In Midna's Debt
ZD Champion
I was saying on a thread that it might be like Ratchet & Clank Rift apart, as it cycles between ratchet and the female lombax, and a bit of clank, so it's probably based on the description mostly zelda

Daku Rinku

Honorary Gerudo (I have my card)
ZD Champion
I think he will be playable at the start, maybe a couple of levels even, then your Zelda. The other possibility is interludes, like how you played Peach in Paper Mario 64, maybe you get to navigate the dark magic realm?

Last edited:

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Poo. Kill the twink and let Zelda be the protagonist in the series named after her for once. :eyes:
Kill Twink.. but he is one who makes the most magical food:
200w.gif

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I was fine with Zelda being the main playable character in the first place. If anything, I would rather it be definitively  her game, meaning I don't really want Link to be playable at all. The series is named after her, it's high time she received some of the spotlight.

I just hope she actually has some character and isn't mute like Link normally is. The lack of a sword will already go a long way towards making it feel like a different kind of Zelda game, but she might still end up being just another Link but with a palette swap, which would make her use as the main character pointless.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this game, I just hope they don't mess it up too bad.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
I was fine with Zelda being the main playable character in the first place. If anything, I would rather it be definitively  her game, meaning I don't really want Link to be playable at all. The series is named after her, it's high time she received some of the spotlight.

I just hope she actually has some character and isn't mute like Link normally is. The lack of a sword will already go a long way towards making it feel like a different kind of Zelda game, but she might still end up being just another Link but with a palette swap, which would make her use as the main character pointless.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this game, I just hope they don't mess it up too bad.
I think if playing Link at the beginning is prolouge, and then it switches to Zelda would be fine because it will give new players a sense of how different Link plays from Zelda. I understand quite a lot of the people getting the game will be Zelda Fans, however, just like in a sequel movie that recaps a little in eventuality that someone did not see the previous installment, having Link playable briefly would give a newbie a glimpse of how previous Zelda games play. I mean there were many first time Zelda players for Botw. So we can never predict what game new fans will come into Hyrule fold over, and since this at last lets the Heroine, Zelda herself be playable, it is quite possible it will appeal to fans not tapped by Link being the main hero.

Last edited:

thePlinko

ZD Legend
I’d be fine with Zelda being the playable character by herself if Link wasn’t also here, but as is they still need something for him to do, and the absolute last thing I want is for him to need to rescued by Zelda. That would completely defeat the purpose of making Zelda the protagonist. Now you’re just recreating the exact same dynamic that people were complaining about in the first place but with the faces swapped for shallow reasons. If the point of having Zelda be playable was to change things up then the attempt is pathetic. Having Link still be playable insures that they’ll at least be doing something interesting with the concept of playable Zelda. If the ****ty non-game design being lifted straight from TotK doesn’t stop me from getting this, needing to rescue Link definitely will. If they’re not going to care than neither will I.

Also “but her name is in the title” is a stupid reason to want a playable Zelda. You don’t play as a Metroid in Metroid. You don’t play as Icarus in Kid Icarus. Why is it so necessary to play as Zelda in Zelda?

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
I’d be fine with Zelda being the playable character by herself if Link wasn’t also here, but as is they still need something for him to do, and the absolute last thing I want is for him to need to rescued by Zelda. That would completely defeat the purpose of making Zelda the protagonist. Now you’re just recreating the exact same dynamic that people were complaining about in the first place but with the faces swapped for shallow reasons. If the point of having Zelda be playable was to change things up then the attempt is pathetic. Having Link still be playable insures that they’ll at least be doing something interesting with the concept of playable Zelda. If the ****ty non-game design being lifted straight from TotK doesn’t stop me from getting this, needing to rescue Link definitely will. If they’re not going to care than neither will I.

Also “but her name is in the title” is a stupid reason to want a playable Zelda. You don’t play as a Metroid in Metroid. You don’t play as Icarus in Kid Icarus. Why is it so necessary to play as Zelda in Zelda?
Actually Zelda saving Link has to be the point cuz of what happens to him. He has been saving her for centuries (in verse), having Zelda this time save him isn’t replacing, its poetic. Link needs help, just as we all do, even heroes need some saving sometimes, as Mary Jane Watson said at the end of Spider-Man 2 (2004), “So here I am - standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Actually Zelda saving Link has to be the point cuz of what happens to him. He has been saving her for centuries (in verse), having Zelda this time save him isn’t replacing, its poetic. Link needs help, just as we all do, even heroes need some saving sometimes, as Mary Jane Watson said at the end of Spider-Man 2 (2004), “So here I am - standing in your doorway. I have always been standing in your doorway. Isn't it about time somebody saved your life?
That’s not poetic at all, that’s just lazy writting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom