• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Aonuma has confirmed that the game is a reboot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
But he refers specifically to the new dimension in terms of gameplay in referring to it being open-world. What he says lines up with that too - all 3D Zeldas thus far have derived their gameplay from OoT, and this game is very clearly moving in a different direction.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
You're wrong, buddy.

:fpalm::mad: :gno::rno:NO! I'm NOT! You are WRONG for NOT knowing what the word "UNIVERSE" means! :mmanger: :anger3d:

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT UNIVERSE = REBOOT :dry:

But he refers specifically to the new dimension in terms of gameplay in referring to it being open-world. What he says lines up with that too - all 3D Zeldas thus far have derived their gameplay from OoT, and this game is very clearly moving in a different direction.

:fpalm:Which is WHY I cut the last line of the quote, cause it had NOTHING to do with other two lines! Universe has NOTHING to GAMEPLAY! Look up the word UNIVERSE and then try to tell me if it has anything to gameplay! Universe =/= gameplay! Universe = TIMELINE! TIMELINE! :ananger:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
:fpalm::mad: :gno::rno:NO! I'm NOT! You are WRONG for NOT knowing what the word "UNIVERSE" means! :mmanger: :anger3d:

:fpalm:Which is WHY I cut the last line of the quote, cause it had NOTHING to do with other two lines! Universe has NOTHING to GAMEPLAY! Look up the word UNIVERSE and then try to tell me if it has anything to gameplay! Universe =/= gameplay! Universe = TIMELINE! TIMELINE! :ananger:
No, my man. You're wrong. Just accept it.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you

Because screw context, amiright?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
While surfing the Zelda Universe (as a guest user), I recently came across these posts:

http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Thr...Theories-SPOILERS/?postID=5870279#post5870279

http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Thr...Theories-SPOILERS/?postID=5870816#post5870816

Which shared this link to an foreign interview with Aonuma:

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/65774-eiji-aonuma-notre-interview-integrale-zelda-breath-of-the-wi

and this translated quote from Aonuma:

So, with that said, it confirmed that BotW does not exist in the same universe/dimension as the other games, similar to that of HW/L. Only that this game is canon. So it's not a spinoff. And since the game doesn't exist in the same universe as the other games, then only conclusion is that it's a reboot.

It could be a an alternate offshoot from SS, but that is unlikely since he literally said "completely different universe".

And before you all go in denial, don't forget that he has been hinting at this being the case since 2013, where he said he wanted to recreate the Zelda franchise. Then in 2014, when he first introduced us to the game as a "new world" of Zelda! Then, in 2016, all the way up to now, the official website said to "forget" the other games. And then, lastly, we have the Game Informer magazine Zelda section emitting the words "Reinventing An Old Legend". Thus further backing up indefinite inevitable confirmation from the man himself that the game, does, in fact, exist in a new universe. Implying that this game really is a reboot. And that's why it's so hard to fit this game in the timeline that we know of. Because it's in it's own timeline.

So what do you think? Do you like that this game is a reboot? Or would you rather have preferred that the game existed in the existing timeline we know and love?

...no.

That's not what he's saying.

It's a different universe in that it's a different gameplay style. Breath of the Wild is wildly (heh) different from every game preceding it, so much so that it can exist as its own entity. That's what he means.

VitaTempusN92

No, my man. You're wrong. Just accept it.

:fpalm: :ananger: :mad: :mmanger: :anger3d: :gno::rno: NOOO! YOU ARE WRONG!! LOOK UP UNIVERSE YOU F***ING IGNORANT MORON!!

You know what, I'll do it for you:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

The universe is commonly defined as everything that exists. It includes all kinds of physical matter and energy, the planets, stars, galaxies, and all the contents of space.

In other words, in historical logic and terms, a F***ING TIMELINE!

Because screw context, amiright?

It's NOT context if doesn't have much of anything to do with what was said above!

...no.

That's not what he's saying.

YES, that IS what he's saying! The is only ONE use for the word universe, and that is as another way of saying TIMELINE! Word universe as NEVER been used in other way than in regards to the existence a timeline of history and lore!

It's a different universe in that it's a different gameplay style. Breath of the Wild is wildly (heh) different from every game preceding it, so much so that it can exist as its own entity. That's what he means.

Again, the word "universe" has NEVER had ANYTHING to do with gameplay, nor will it EVER, because the use of the "UNIVERSE" as a means to talk about gameplay, does NOT make ANY sense, and NEVER will! Which is why, in regards to gameplay, he said a "different dimension" instead using the word "universe" again, cause in the last line he wasn't talking about universes anymore, but rather more on gameplay, to go with that BotW is like an alternate OoT. When he was mentioning different universe, he was literally saying that the game exists in a completely different universe literally! Then later, he comment on how the gameplay is also different, thus breaking from OoT and the traditional Zelda series. So, long story short, he was emphasizing on how the OoT universe (the traditional series) restricted him to always follow by the same formula, history, lore, and criteria of OoT, being the definitive game to represent the traditional series for all it's history, lore, and endless cycle of the tradition where Link and Zelda always exist in Hyrule, coming together to stop Ganon. He wanted to break away from that. So he created a NEW universe, where OoT NEVER happened.

Basically, he wants BotW to be the start of a new timeline where anything goes. The start of a non-traditional series, existing in a whole new universe. I mean, come on, we have both Rito and Zora existing in the same timeline here, not to mention the Koroks existing in a non-flooded Hyrule! Which is IMPOSSIBLE in the traditional series timeline (the timeline involving all the other games). So in other words, YES, at this point the game might as well be a freaking reboot!

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Click this Link (see what I did there?) and skip to 1:45 in the embedded video.

Interviewer: "Does Breath of the Wild take place before or after Ocarina of Time?"
Aonuma: "After."

Vita, I know you're exctied, but for the love of all that is sacred and good in this world stop. Just stop. I want to die more and more with each thread and post you make.

Jamie

:fpalm: :ananger: :mad: :mmanger: :anger3d: :gno::rno: NOOO! YOU ARE WRONG!! LOOK UP UNIVERSE YOU F***ING IGNORANT MORON!!

You know what, I'll do it for you:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

In other words, in historical logic and terms, a F***ING TIMELINE!

It's NOT context if doesn't have much of anything to do with what was said above!

YES, that IS what he's saying! The is only ONE use for the word universe, and that is as another way of saying TIMELINE! Word universe as NEVER been used in other way than in regards to the existence a timeline of history and lore!

Again, the word "universe" has NEVER had ANYTHING to do with gameplay, nor will it EVER, because the use of the "UNIVERSE" as a means to talk about gameplay, does NOT make ANY sense, and NEVER will! Which is why, in regards to gameplay, he said a "different dimension" instead using the word "universe" again, cause in the last line he wasn't talking about universes anymore, but rather more on gameplay, to go with that BotW is like an alternate OoT. When he was mentioning different universe, he was literally saying that the game exists in a completely different universe literally! Then later, he comment on how the gameplay is also different, thus breaking from OoT and the traditional Zelda series. So, long story short, he was emphasizing on how the OoT universe (the traditional series) restricted him to always follow by the same formula, history, lore, and criteria of OoT, being the definitive game to represent the traditional series for all it's history, lore, and endless cycle of the tradition where Link and Zelda always exist in Hyrule, coming together to stop Ganon. He wanted to break away from that. So he created a NEW universe, where OoT NEVER happened.

Basically, he wants BotW to be the start of a new timeline where anything goes. The start of a non-traditional series, existing in a whole new universe. I mean, come on, we have both Rito and Zora existing in the same timeline here, not to mention the Koroks existing in a non-flooded Hyrule! Which is IMPOSSIBLE in the traditional series timeline (the timeline involving all the other games). So in other words, YES, at this point the game might as well be a freaking reboot!
1. "Different universe" is often used to describe things that are wildly different. For example, "Hillary and Donald's positions on abortion are in a whole different universe". Don't think that means Trump's abortion views are in a different timeline, although I wish they were.
2. No, you're wrong.

VitaTempusN92

Click this Link (see what I did there?) and skip to 1:45 in the embedded video.

Interviewer: "Does Breath of the Wild take place before or after Ocarina of Time?"
Aonuma: "After."

Vita, I know you're exctied, but for the love of all that is sacred and good in this world stop. Just stop. I want to die more and more with each thread and post you make.

READ this quote from a previous post:

:fpalm:People, Aonuma was only saying that the game was after OoT cause he was literally being asked if the game was before or after OoT, and all he said was after, cause that's where game would take place if it was in the same universe, which, as confirmed recently, it isn't. He wasn't going to just say "neither" cause then he would have to go through a whole explanation as to why he said neither. Which, judging by how quickly he answered, he didn't really want to talk about that topic since it was complicated to explain.

I explained here that said that because of the question he was asked. Also, if you would've actually WATCHED the video that you linked, where he says it (the one you linked, without even watching), he doesn't say it in an explicit enough manner. You could tell that he didn't really want to get into the topic at the moment. Why you linked a video that you clearly didn't even watch yourself is beyond me. Either that, or just not that good at reading people.

Why don't you just wait until it does and laugh at everyone if youre right rather than spending so much time and energy debating something so pointless.

Because people keep insisting that I'm wrong when I know I right. Especially this time. Which driving me nuts. And with people keeping on responding, I can't help but feel entitled to respond back. I want to just wait until March, so that, if I'm right, then I can laugh in everyone's faces, when I'm right and they're wrong. But people are keeping me from doing that. So I could just as easily say the same to the everyone else. Just wait until March! Then we'll see who's right and who's wrong.

That is your interpretation. A reboot of the series? Nope, but perhaps a retelling/reboot of the original game.

OMG! Why are you people so dumb! He said "COMPLETELY DIFFERENT UNIVERSE"!

1. "Different universe" is often used to describe things that are wildly different. For example, "Hillary and Donald's positions on abortion are in a whole different universe". Don't think that means Trump's abortion views are in a different timeline, although I wish they were.
2. No, you're wrong.

1. That makes ZERO sense cause that is NOT what the word even means, therefore, should NOT even be used in that way!
2. No, I'm NOT. You just like to think that because you are a brainless ignorant moron who doesn't know anything and enjoys annoying the F*** out of me! You sir, or a F***ING IDIOT! I should NOT even have to be talking to you right now, but I am because take insults and disrespect VERY SERIOUSLY! Especially, when it's regarding KNOWLEDGE!

Jamie

READ this quote from a previous post:

I explained here that said that because of the question he was asked. Also, if you would've actually WATCHED the video that you linked, where he says it (the one you linked, without even watching), he doesn't say it in an explicit enough manner. You could tell that he didn't really want to get into the topic at the moment. Why you linked a video that you clearly didn't even watch yourself is beyond me. Either that, or just not that good at reading people.

Because people keep insisting that I'm wrong when I know I right. Especially this time. Which driving me nuts. And with people keeping on responding, I can't help but feel entitled to respond back. I want to just wait until March, so that, if I'm right, then I can laugh in everyone's faces, when I'm right and they're wrong. But people are keeping me from doing that. So I could just as easily say the same to the everyone else. Just wait until March! Then we'll see who's right and who's wrong.

OMG! Why are you people so dumb! He said "COMPLETELY DIFFERENT UNIVERSE"!

1. That makes ZERO sense cause that is NOT what the word even means, therefore, should NOT even be used in that way!
2. No, I'm NOT. You just like to think that because you are a brainless ignorant moron who doesn't know anything and enjoys annoying the F*** out of me! You sir, or a F***ING IDIOT! I should NOT even have to be talking to you right now, but I am because take insults and disrespect VERY SERIOUSLY! Especially, when it's regarding KNOWLEDGE!
Okay but it is used that way. All of the time. Ergo, you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom