• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Aonuma has confirmed that the game is a reboot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
While surfing the Zelda Universe (as a guest user), I recently came across these posts:

http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Thread/181052-Breath-of-the-Wild-s-Timeline-Placement-Theories-SPOILERS/?postID=5870279#post5870279

http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Thread/181052-Breath-of-the-Wild-s-Timeline-Placement-Theories-SPOILERS/?postID=5870816#post5870816

Which shared this link to an foreign interview with Aonuma:

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/65774-eiji-aonuma-notre-interview-integrale-zelda-breath-of-the-wi

and this translated quote from Aonuma:

Eiji Aonuma said:
When I say I want to beat OoT, going further, it’s mostly because all the games I’ve made refer to OoT more or less in background.

But for BoW, I freed myself of the OoT universe, as we are in a completely different universe.

And refers to the revolutionary gameplay has OoT was, I think yes, we beat OoT as far as we are in a different dimension (I suppose Open world).

So, with that said, it confirmed that BotW does not exist in the same universe/dimension as the other games, similar to that of HW/L. Only that this game is canon. So it's not a spinoff. And since the game doesn't exist in the same universe as the other games, then only conclusion is that it's a reboot.

It could be a an alternate offshoot from SS, but that is unlikely since he literally said "completely different universe".

And before you all go in denial, don't forget that he has been hinting at this being the case since 2013, where he said he wanted to recreate the Zelda franchise. Then in 2014, when he first introduced us to the game as a "new world" of Zelda! Then, in 2016, all the way up to now, the official website said to "forget" the other games. And then, lastly, we have the Game Informer magazine Zelda section emitting the words "Reinventing An Old Legend". Thus further backing up indefinite inevitable confirmation from the man himself that the game, does, in fact, exist in a new universe. Implying that this game really is a reboot. And that's why it's so hard to fit this game in the timeline that we know of. Because it's in it's own timeline.

So what do you think? Do you like that this game is a reboot? Or would you rather have preferred that the game existed in the existing timeline we know and love?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Completely different universe gameplay wise fam. This game is ostensibly still in the OoT universe.

VitaTempusN92

"So what do you think? Do you like that this game is a reboot? "
Secret option 3: This game isn't a reboot, stop making threads like this.

Eiji Aonuma said:
When I say I want to beat OoT, going further, it’s mostly because all the games I’ve made refer to OoT more or less in background.

But for BoW, I freed myself of the OoT universe, as we are in a completely different universe.

And refers to the revolutionary gameplay has OoT was, I think yes, we beat OoT as far as we are in a different dimension (I suppose Open world).

YES IT IS!! STOP IGNORING CONFIRMED FACTS!!

Completely different universe gameplay wise fam. This game is ostensibly still in the OoT universe.

First sentence doesn't make sense. And it's confirmed not in the OoT universe!

You know. Im sure i saw an interview with Aonuma just last week where he confirmed BoTW will take place somewhere after OoT... but i may just be living in an alternate universe and that never really happened and i'm living a lie.

So unless those threads from ZU were started by Miyamoto and answered by Aonuma, I'm not going to take anything that wasnt said by Aonuma as gospel.

D

Deleted member 14134

I think he meant that they are moving away from OoT style gameplay as every 3D Zelda has been quite like it. I don't think this part of the interview is about story or timeline placement. Also this would mean that it can't be a covergence timeline like i this it will be so it obviously can't be true.

Either way, I'm not trying to start a fight, just giving my two cents. We'll find out in 2 weeks anyways.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
YES IT IS!! STOP IGNORING CONFIRMED FACTS!!

First sentence doesn't make sense. And it's confirmed not in the OoT universe!
It's not a confirmed fact you absolute insufferable human being. How you are even allowed to continue posting here in all caps is beyond me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Aounuma has already confirmed in an interview this takes place after OOT. So it isn't a reboot. Gameplay wise perhaps but in terms of the timeline, this fits in one of the established branches.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
If this game was a reboot then what is it a reboot of?? I havent watched a lot of the released footage because I dont want spoilers but from what I have seen everything is completely different to any other game in the series and surely a reboot would have similarities.

He also said that by the time BoTW occurs, Ganon has already struck Hyrule many times. They must have a loooooot of prequels planned if this is a reboot of the story.

VitaTempusN92

:fpalm:People, Aonuma was only saying that the game was after OoT cause he was literally being asked if the game was before or after OoT, and all he said was after, cause that's where game would take place if it was in the same universe, which, as confirmed recently, it isn't. He wasn't going to just say "neither" cause then he would have to go through a whole explanation as to why he said neither. Which, judging by how quickly he answered, he didn't really want to talk about that topic since it was complicated to explain.

And no "completely different universe" does NOT mean anything about gameplay. Universe = Timeline. NOT gameplay. When someone about universes, they are ALWAYS talking about TIMELINES! So, there is NO WAY that Aonuma was only talking about gameplay. Especially since there were MULTIPLE other times and instances when he or Nintendo in general alluded at the game being a reboot.

There have been so many hints at this game being a reboot since January 2013! And you people kept ignoring those hints! Even now, when the man himself literally just said the following quote:

Eiji Aonuma said:

But for BotW, I freed myself of the OoT universe, as we are in a completely different universe.

Thus officially confirming that the is a reboot! I cut a part of the quote since I realized that part didn't really make sense, not to it is irrelevant here. The man himself said "completely different universe". Which means "completely different TIMELINE"! :dry:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
:fpalm:People, Aonuma was only saying that the game was after OoT cause he was literally being asked if the game was before or after OoT, and all he said was after, cause that's where game would take place if it was in the same universe, which, as confirmed recently, it isn't. He wasn't going to just say "neither" cause then he would have to go through a whole explanation as to why he said neither. Which, judging by how quickly he answered, he didn't really want to talk about that topic since it was complicated to explain.

And no "completely different universe" does NOT mean anything about gameplay. Universe = Timeline. NOT gameplay. When someone about universes, they are ALWAYS talking about TIMELINES! So, there is NO WAY that Aonuma was only talking about gameplay. Especially since there were MULTIPLE other times and instances when he or Nintendo in general alluded at the game being a reboot.

There have been so many hints at this game being a reboot since January 2013! And you people kept ignoring those hints! Even now, when the man himself literally just said the following quote:

Thus officially confirming that the is a reboot! I cut a part of the quote since I realized that part didn't really make sense, not to it is irrelevant here. The man himself said "completely different universe". Which means "completely different TIMELINE"! :dry:
You're wrong, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom