• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Aonuma Considering Zelda As Main Protagonist?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Historically many kings and princes have rode into battle, no reason a princess can't do it too.
Besides in the situation I put forth she was still in part the damsel in distress, and fits very much in line as arranged and political marriages happened all the time to royalty.

Its like she can be both.\

Want her to be cunning? Make harder puzzles and require some stealth ninja action. There now we can see how smart she really is for having the triforce of wisdom.

But Peach being the main protagonist in Mario doesn't make sense.

But she was a playable character in Super Mario Bros. 2

Hmmm, I don't know how I feel about this now.

It could work.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Exactly, I mean and if you don't like her as the main character, well its only 1 game out of several.

And I'm fully for Error's Eventure.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I have always said, i wouldnt mind playing as Zelda, but theres a catch with my opinion, if i were to play as Zelda, i wanna be Sheik. and just as Beauts Ninja'd me yes i would love to see what Zelda did during the 7 years Link was sealed away!

Playing as Sheik would be a great way to change a lot of things, while keeping standard LoZ structure. I mean you would be playing a LoZ game, as a freakin Ninja, how awesome is that!

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
So would Sheik be about stealth, like Metal Gear Solid ish, or some of those other games where you're a ninja but you still just fight everything in sight?

But seeing what Beuts said, made me picture how awesome it would be to see shiek carrying Ruto out of the frozen wastes after saving her.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Now, I wouldn't just send Link on his merry way completely. That doesn't seem right, since he's the biggest icon in the series. Also, people probably wouldn't react so well to it, either. Keep him as the protagonist, but put more Zelda in there too. I say they go for the in-between and have the perspective switch between Link and Zelda throughout the game. Think like the first two Paper Mario games with Peach, except the segments with Zelda would be longer and more relevant.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
While it could be interesting to see Zelda as the main protagonist, I dunno... It could work I guess.

I think the main problem is that many fans would be disappointed. I would not be, as I think it is a neat idea, a lot of people would not like it. Every hero needs a break once in a while, why not give Link one. Maybe Link should be the damsel in distress for once. :)

An awesome spin off would be playing as Sheik during the missing seven years of OoT.

thats what i was thinking as I'm doing oot3ds now. where does she go?what does she do? i was reminded of this forum yesterday at best buy when a female employee came up to me and said "Love your shirt!"(black t with shiny gold triforce)and she showed me her arm(triforce tattoo on forearm) so i showed her my link, triforce etc tattoos. point being= i see Zelda Chicks everywhere(tattoos, hoodies, beanie caps etc) but i've never seen any other Zelda dudes. don't you think maybe the ladies deserve a shot to save link? i think it's about time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom