• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Anything else for NSO?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Do you guys think there'll be any more big updates for NSO anytime soon? We finally got Game Boy and GBA for standard and expansion, but I have to wonder if there's anything else in store for it. We'll likely get more DLC to come on the expansion pak for whichever given game at some point, and GameCube will never ever come, nor do I think DS is all too likely
So now I just have to wonder what's next? I'm sure we'll not see anything big for some time, but what can we even see?

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I don’t think that Gamecube support is as unlikely as you think, especially if the theory that they’re planning on having NSO carry over to the next console is true. The only problem that I can think of is that it’s almost guaranteed to be an expansion pass addition and I don’t see them adding any of the consoles that they haven’t already to the base pass as compensation for those of us who refuse to pay $50 a year. Maybe they could move N64 over I guess.

Apart from that… Virtual Boy maybe? Maybe a Game and Watch collection of all the games? I’m not sure what else.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Maybe some built in voice chat support instead of some garbage app.
in other words zero plans whatsoever
I don’t think that Gamecube support is as unlikely as you think, especially if the theory that they’re planning on having NSO carry over to the next console is true. The only problem that I can think of is that it’s almost guaranteed to be an expansion pass addition and I don’t see them adding any of the consoles that they haven’t already to the base pass as compensation for those of us who refuse to pay $50 a year. Maybe they could move N64 over I guess.

Apart from that… Virtual Boy maybe? Maybe a Game and Watch collection of all the games? I’m not sure what else.
NSO in the future maybe, but as it pertains to the current Switch, impossible
I think Game & Watch Gallery games on Game Boy would be their preferred method

thePlinko

ZD Legend

NSO in the future maybe, but as it pertains to the current Switch, impossible
I think Game & Watch Gallery games on Game Boy would be their preferred method
Yeah, but not evey game and watch was ported to a gallery. It’s not like they’re unwilling to put the same game on there twice. I mean SMB3 is on there 3 separate times.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I would be surprised to see any more any time soon (besides bringing new games to the existing ones) but what do i know. I'm hoping for gamecube though just so mark will owe me 1k. also so i can force my mom to play twilight princess

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Yup. At this point NSO is just a worse way to play retro games than emulating them on one of the dozen devices I could play them on. Why would I pay money for a subscription service to play an inferior version of Mario 64 when I can play the game in HD and at 60 fps in my browser?

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Yup. At this point NSO is just a worse way to play retro games than emulating them on one of the dozen devices I could play them on. Why would I pay money for a subscription service to play an inferior version of Mario 64 when I can play the game in HD and at 60 fps in my browser?
You're preaching to the choir.

I wish for the option to purchase individual retro games on the system. Xbox has Game Pass and still allows individual purchases. That's how it should be.

Anyhow, I think this is it for NSO this generation. Hopefully Nintendo can finally include Gamecube games on the Switch's successor.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I wish for the option to purchase individual retro games on the system. Xbox has Game Pass and still allows individual purchases. That's how it should be.

Anyhow, I think this is it for NSO this generation. Hopefully Nintendo can finally include Gamecube games on the Switch's successor.
Not only that, but the retro games you purchased on Xbox 360 back in 2006 are still redeemable in 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom